Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Unusual messages coming in on twitter

that question i can't help but read it as a threat

"does Lee bowyer care about Charlton or his family?"
    That's how I read it too. 
  • Options
    I love Charlton, and it’s one of the few things (potentially) keeping me sane during this damn pandemic. But I will no longer buy Valley Pass whilst Bowyer is in situ. The enjoyment has gone, the losses are too predictable and it’s ruining my Tuesdays and Saturdays. I know we should support through thick and thin, so it pains me to do something that’s against the grain for me, and that’s giving up on my club.
  • Options
    Didn't post last night as wanted to sleep on it. But I do think Bowyer has to go. 

If there was any team spirit, fight, positivity then I would be inclined to give Bowyer time. He's earned it after all.

However the team looked dejected. Poor tactics, no settled side, poor substitutions, poor player management (Imo) and the last 20 games isn't just a bad run its systemic. Time for a change. I don't know who but a change is needed.
    I still believe we have a squad good enough for the top 6 and it's easily achievable.
  • Options
    The view now seems to be overwhelmingly/exclusively that Bowyer should go. Does anyone still think he should stay? @ElfsborgAddick I know you were keen to give him more time, is that still the case or was last night final straw type stuff? 
  • Options
    It's quite obvious that a critical mass has been reached, I haven't seen "judge him when Inniss is back" used once this week. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Signs two players playing well together from the same club, they haven't started a game together here yet!
    Does Bowyer actually have any say on who we sign?

There is an ever increasing number of players that he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do with. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The view now seems to be overwhelmingly/exclusively that Bowyer should go. Does anyone still think he should stay? @ElfsborgAddick I know you were keen to give him more time, is that still the case or was last night final straw type stuff? 
    It does seem like that or it might be that there are two posters writing 4+ posts each on every page ;)
  • Options
    How the hell is he still in a job?? Thought he'd be sacked by now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

that question i can't help but read it as a threat

"does Lee bowyer care about Charlton or his family?"
    If anyone knows who that piece of chopped liver is, he needs reporting; that’s a blatant threat and wether it’s bluff or not needs a zero tolerance policy. Scumbag.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Who is this conversation with? - Just another fan? 
  • Options
    With that though, Saturday convinced me that regardless of what happens this week or next week, Bowyer won’t be our manager next season 
  • Options
    With that though, Saturday convinced me that regardless of what happens this week or next week, Bowyer won’t be our manager next season 
    No doubt that it. Purely depends on how we approach the last part of the season. With the run we are on we could easily finish 16th or lower and that would be hard to spin a promotion campaign if we are finishing below Gillingham. Starting to think we will need TS to show his hand very soo as to what will happen next season to appease the wider Charlton supporters base.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
     As I said yesterday, they didn't really back him in the last transfer window. I think you're right about them setting up or at least planning another man in his job. I'm guessing he got wind of it, or put two and two together and is now just running down the time.

There been chatter about players not being happy with his tactics or Roddy not convinced he's the man to take us forward. That's just chatter, but when you add the facts of him digging players out in public, his erratic team selections, his negative demeanor you can only come to the conclusion that this is not a happy camp.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that is pretty accurate @AFKABartram. TS' approach to the club so far does seem to be based around what I can only call a cultural shift, he's bought in a lot of his own people and rebuilt nearly from scratch in a lot of cases.

My feeling (as yours seems to be) is that he will, sooner or later, want to apply the same approach to the actual football side: his own man appointed by him to fit his own vision. Probably in management talk it has some fancy name like "synergy" or similar. But as yet, he's either not chosen this person or he has, but for whatever reason they are not available.

For someone whose communication is and was a breath of fresh air, Sandgaard had been notably reticent on the subject of Lee Bowyer and his place going forward. Nothing critical of him but not much in the way of support either, not even the infamous "vote of support." One inference is that this is because he's not intending to keep Bowyer on.

I have speculated before that IF this is the case then it seems possible that Bowyer has either been told this or has come to suspect/believe it through his own thoughts. This at least would be a possible explanation of Bowyer's apparent resigned air and some of his tactical choices - if it doesn't matter what he does, then why bother?

[End speculation.]
  • Options
    @Dazzler21 take that post down.

It's not worth the publicity. Don't rise to their threats.
  • Options
    If that’s the case then why not get shot of him now and A. Start planning for next season or B. New manager boost outside chance of play offs.
  • Options
    If that’s the case then why not get shot of him now and A. Start planning for next season or B. New manager boost outside chance of play offs.
    I speculated above it on potentially why 
  • Options
    It's a different pressure. Bowyer was our hero, doing all he could under crazy conditions and looking back, getting us promoted was a miracle.
    Now he is being backed the pressure is ramped up. TS wants attacking football and has backed LB in the window as much as the salary cap has allowed. If there were fans in the ground I think LB would be gone by now. The fans would have got on his back and TS would be in attendance to hear it!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!