Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    reserves said:

No way........his last team played at Shithurst Park.
  • Options
    I still think he’ll be here until the end of the season.
  • Options
    I don't. I think he'll be gone soon with a short term appointment until the end of the season. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    The first time I really felt as though everything was not right with Bowyer’s thinking was the MK Dons game at home. That’s the one where we had the return of 2,000 fans for the first time in months.

I was “lucky” enough to be there, but after freezing in the cold for about 3 hours watching a dreadful performance/1-0 defeat I was shocked to hear Bowyer come out and seemingly bring the fans “not being loud enough” as something that he was unhappy about. 

Being at that game probably meant I took it a bit personally, but that really was the first time I thought to myself “WTF Lee?!”

From that week on it seems like there has been at least one bland performance, ridiculous excuse, incident of poor management every week. 

I really can’t put my finger on what’s happened to him to be honest, but it all seemed to go south after MK Dons.
    Part of me still thinks that for whatever reason maybe he'd had enough by then and has been waiting to be paid off his million quid since.

It would explain the combination of his bizarre comments, selections and formations, digging out players (plus things like Williams sub on/off etc) and his total cluelessness/dejection.
  • Options
    I don't. I think he'll be gone soon with a short term appointment until the end of the season. 
    Then you’d expect the axe to fall today. If it’s already decided then why wait. 
  • Options
    I agree. He may get 1-2 more games but I'd be hugely surprised if he survives until the summer. It makes sense as he's not going to turn it around now. Personally I'd rather a new manager is appointed straight away (not a caretaker) so they get to look at the team before the summer window. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The question of (assuming Bowyer does go) a short term end of season appointment vs. Bringing in the new boss now comes down to whether the right person is available now.

I would understand Jackson and/or Euell getting a "quick fix" short term contract to seasons end if that meant a better, long term appointment could be made later.

The absolute worst thing to do would make a middling, get-you-by compromise appointment just because they happen to be available right now, especially as it would take something incredibly drastic to leave the division in either direction now.
  • Options
    It may be a little telling that TS didnt tweet at FT yesterday, his last tweet was when we went 1-0 up.

I know twitter isn't to be read into but he has tweeted at FT in every other game this season.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I agree. He may get 1-2 more games but I'd be hugely surprised if he survives until the summer. It makes sense as he's not going to turn it around now. Personally I'd rather a new manager is appointed straight away (not a caretaker) so they get to look at the team before the summer window. 
    I’d prefer a change today. A caretaker with a definite period remit until last game. Remove the gloom sadly surrounding Lee and lift the fans and players with hopefully a few better results. Certainly start the recruitment process tomorrow but cast the net wide, deep and get the best possible person. Pay the bucks. The cloud hanging over the club at present is helping nobody including Lee.
  • Options
    If he's going to go I'd expect some kind of announcement today. Otherwise I think TS will hold until the end of the season 
  • Options
    With that though, Saturday convinced me that regardless of what happens this week or next week, Bowyer won’t be our manager next season 
    If that’s the case then why not get shot of him now and A. Start planning for next season or B. New manager boost outside chance of play offs.
    I speculated above it on potentially why 
    then get rid now, appoint Euell till end of season, nothing to lose but maybe everything to gain?
  • Options
    This season is over in terms of playoffs. What we need as second best to that is to lift the gloom and finish with a flourish. Sadly I don’t see that under LB now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With that though, Saturday convinced me that regardless of what happens this week or next week, Bowyer won’t be our manager next season 
    If that’s the case then why not get shot of him now and A. Start planning for next season or B. New manager boost outside chance of play offs.
    then get rid now, appoint Euell till end of season, nothing to lose but maybe everything to gain?
    We're not going to go down so we could look for a new manager at the end of the season when we know who is available.TS needs to decide on a caretaker in the meantime or to leave Lee in charge.

I don't think things can be turned around this season based on who is available. I still don't understand what has gone so wrong with LB this season...
  • Options
    Euell has turned it down before hasn’t he? Not certain he would want it now, he’s worked pretty hard on his coaching career that his first job in management probably deserves to be something better than a caretaker job he’s turned down previously. 

There’s only one man that we should be considering as interim manager, Keith Peacock. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    We're not going to go down so we could look for a new manager at the end of the season when we know who is available.TS needs to decide on a caretaker in the meantime or to leave Lee in charge.

I don't think things can be turned around this season based on who is available. I still don't understand what has gone so wrong with LB this season...
    Dont get the fascination with a caretaker till the end of the season

All its going to do is set us back come the summer, another period of potentially missing out on key signings because we dont have a permanent Manager in place - Remember when we got Bent, we got him because we moved quicker than everyone else the moment the transfer window opened. How can we do that when we cant even offer players (even if its Gallen doing the signing) assurances that the new Manager will even want them?

Only reason for giving Jackson or Euell the caretaker job is with the potential of them having it full-time

But then as others have said, giving it to Jackson and are you really changing that much

This season has gone, lets not waste next season by dithering over decisions... Its why Sandgaard almost needs to come out with the vote of confidence and confirm that Bowyer will be here come the start of next season at the very least, or he goes now - I fear we're so paranoid (maybe the wrong word) about getting the right manager that we could end up being down here even longer than we need to
  • Options
    I thought we'd get an announcement by now, but I do think he'll go today. If he doesn't go today, that probably means he's here until the end of the season & I probably won't watch any more games 
    Is ts up yet? Maybe he wanted to sleep on it, maybe he is like most on here, desperate for bowyer to succeed. Sleep on it and decide today could be an option.
  • Options

Watson and Pratley, undroppable by Bowyer, are supportive of him? How surprising...

Some real naivety by our fans. A countless others have said, the evidence to back up J Block is seen on the pitch week in, week out.
  • Options
    During the post match interview with LB I just felt sorry for the guy and wished that they would end the interview as he clearly is at the end of his tether. As has been said he has not has a rest since the beginning of the Championship season and is clearly knackered. May be the best thing to do is put him on gardening leave for the rest of the season and let some one else within the club coach the players, be it JJ,Euell or bring in Curbs or Brown or ......? Then bring LB back at season end.

Either that or sack him and bring in a whole new management team who are not Charlton 

Just don't leave LB there to suffers he doesn't deserve that.
  • Options
    Agree with this. If he doesn't go before Saturday, then he's clearly got until the end of the season.
  • Options
    jams said:
    I think it is time for a change, but...

I struggle to blame bows too much. When you think of all the shit he's had to deal with when he's been here, the hammer blow of last second relegation and the bizarre way the world is at the moment, I think it's just all caught up with him and he's exhausted. 

He looks to me like a man who needs a good long break away from football. He looks burnt out, don't forget there was barely even an off season. 

I said the same months ago.
    He needed at least a month off at the end of last season, but that's not possible in football, especially the last close season. He's mentally shot and needs some time off.
    I have been banging this drum for months.  I don't see why it can't happen in football.  I doubt Bowyer has had a week off, I mean a proper week off since the play off final. 

The last time he had any meanful time off was probably after the shewsbury game when he didn't know if he had a job or not. 

It's not healthy.  Lee is far from the only manager that has got in a rut like this. Very few ever get out of it.  It's going to cost Thomas a million quid ish to sack him and it could have probably have been avoided with 2 weeks holiday in October. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I am a huge Bowyer fan, last night was the most dejected I've been for a while regarding our results. I can't get my head around the formation and getting Deji to play in the 'Sheffield United overlapping centre back' role (although he did pretty well at it). Back to basics, 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 and let's start getting some points together. He has made some odd decisions, there's no getting away from that. But we've seen what he can do and it wasn't long ago he was the best thing since sliced bread and a tactical genius when we were climbing the Championship. I knew this year was going to be a write off, but I didn't expect it to be this painful
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!