Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    jams said:
    I think it is time for a change, but...

I struggle to blame bows too much. When you think of all the shit he's had to deal with when he's been here, the hammer blow of last second relegation and the bizarre way the world is at the moment, I think it's just all caught up with him and he's exhausted. 

He looks to me like a man who needs a good long break away from football. He looks burnt out, don't forget there was barely even an off season. 

I said the same months ago.
    He needed at least a month off at the end of last season, but that's not possible in football, especially the last close season. He's mentally shot and needs some time off.
    I have been banging this drum for months.  I don't see why it can't happen in football.  I doubt Bowyer has had a week off, I mean a proper week off since the play off final. 

The last time he had any meanful time off was probably after the shewsbury game when he didn't know if he had a job or not. 

It's not healthy.  Lee is far from the only manager that has got in a rut like this. Very few ever get out of it.  It's going to cost Thomas a million quid ish to sack him and it could have probably have been avoided with 2 weeks holiday in October. 
    Now the season is at the stage of what it is... Would you consider telling Bowyer to have a two week break, giving the reigns to Jackson and then in two weeks time see if Bowyer comes back refreshed and is a better Manager as a result?
  • Options
    whatever is in the pipeline, surely a change is required, could appoint Jacko as interim manager
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    jams said:

I struggle to blame bows too much. When you think of all the shit he's had to deal with when he's been here, the hammer blow of last second relegation and the bizarre way the world is at the moment, I think it's just all caught up with him and he's exhausted. 

He looks to me like a man who needs a good long break away from football. He looks burnt out, don't forget there was barely even an off season. 

He needed at least a month off at the end of last season, but that's not possible in football, especially the last close season. He's mentally shot and needs some time off.
    I have been banging this drum for months.  I don't see why it can't happen in football.  I doubt Bowyer has had a week off, I mean a proper week off since the play off final. 

The last time he had any meanful time off was probably after the shewsbury game when he didn't know if he had a job or not. 

It's not healthy.  Lee is far from the only manager that has got in a rut like this. Very few ever get out of it.  It's going to cost Thomas a million quid ish to sack him and it could have probably have been avoided with 2 weeks holiday in October. 
    Now the season is at the stage of what it is... Would you consider telling Bowyer to have a two week break, giving the reigns to Jackson and then in two weeks time see if Bowyer comes back refreshed and is a better Manager as a result?
    In principle yes, but I think the damage has been done now. 

If Thomas came out and said he is here for the long term, regardless, 100% I would support a 2 or 3 week break. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    With that though, Saturday convinced me that regardless of what happens this week or next week, Bowyer won’t be our manager next season 
    If that’s the case then why not get shot of him now and A. Start planning for next season or B. New manager boost outside chance of play offs.
    I speculated above it on potentially why 
    then get rid now, appoint Euell till end of season, nothing to lose but maybe everything to gain?
    We're not going to go down so we could look for a new manager at the end of the season when we know who is available.TS needs to decide on a caretaker in the meantime or to leave Lee in charge.

I don't think things can be turned around this season based on who is available. I still don't understand what has gone so wrong with LB this season...
    Dont get the fascination with a caretaker till the end of the season

All its going to do is set us back come the summer, another period of potentially missing out on key signings because we dont have a permanent Manager in place - Remember when we got Bent, we got him because we moved quicker than everyone else the moment the transfer window opened. How can we do that when we cant even offer players (even if its Gallen doing the signing) assurances that the new Manager will even want them?

Only reason for giving Jackson or Euell the caretaker job is with the potential of them having it full-time

But then as others have said, giving it to Jackson and are you really changing that much

This season has gone, lets not waste next season by dithering over decisions... Its why Sandgaard almost needs to come out with the vote of confidence and confirm that Bowyer will be here come the start of next season at the very least, or he goes now - I fear we're so paranoid (maybe the wrong word) about getting the right manager that we could end up being down here even longer than we need to
    can't speak for others but I'm suggesting a caretaker only in the scenario AFKA suggested whereby a new manager may already have been identified but not available until the summer. If not then yes bring in a new man immediately, we have no time to waste as you quite rightly point out. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    jams said:

If Thomas came out and said he is here for the long term, regardless, 100% I would support a 2 or 3 week break. 

and how would that pan out if Jacko came in and won six games on the spin?
  • Options
    Just another thought... If Sandgaard wants a Danish Manager (who is currently out of the UK)

Would said person be allowed to travel over and take up the role. provided they self-isolate for the required period?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    jams said:

and how would that pan out if Jacko came in and won six games on the spin?
    It's a win win then isn't it?

Anyone who has any sort of high pressured job gets holiday and has a deputy.  I really don't see why football is so different. 
  • Options
    Just another thought... If Sandgaard wants a Danish Manager (who is currently out of the UK)

Would said person be allowed to travel over and take up the role. provided they self-isolate for the required period?

Don't know but I don't understand why people think he'd bring in a Danish manager. More likely they'd be American wouldn't it?

I actually think they'd be British, or have worked in Britain previously, can't see them appointing a random foreigner personally.

Purely on the thought that Sandgaard might want someone to replace Bowyer but cant because that person cant enter the country, I mentioned Danish but guess their Nationality doesnt really matter if they're not already here

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree and that may not be an issue
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    jams said:

I suppose it could happen in football but the issues are from Bowyer's perspective, that it may be seen as a sign of weakness and what if say Euell or somebody else comes in as a caretaker and instantly changes things for the better? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bringing in a Danish manager would go down like a bag of cold sick. No chance
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    jams said:

I suppose it could happen in football but the issues are from Bowyer's perspective, that it may be seen as a sign of weakness and what if say Euell or somebody else comes in as a caretaker and instantly changes things for the better? 
    Like I said now it's too late
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    We get a proper man in now still have chance of playoffs

I think they are gone but I do agree, now is the absolute last chance. We need to go 6/7 games unbeaten to stand a chance. 
  • Options
    Silence is deafening today, nothing except Saturdays valley pass ??
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    We get a proper man in now still have chance of playoffs

I think this is a point that many miss. If you believe in the strength of the squad, there are certainly enough games to go to put the sort of run we need together. Of course it isn't guaranteed, but it is much more likely with a new manager than Bowyer. He is clearly burnt out and whilst that is sad, genuinely sad, it has to be accepted and managed.
  • Options
    I was thinking that too. The clubs social media channels are very quiet today 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was thinking that too. The clubs social media channels are very quiet today 
    The only tweets after Saturday were about the goal and Josh Davison’s goal for FGR. 

I suspect they’re just reading the room and know how a tweet about our goal yesterday would go down. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Second we go a goal down heads drop. Think Bowyer tried something new after a woeful performance and it worked well. 

The set up wasnt particularly smart with the players we had on (DJ and Milar) so in hindsight he should have stuck with 442 and also just never play Watson again. 

I’m not a fan of scapegoating players who aren’t playing well/a bit shit but Watson just doesn’t seem to care at all.

For everyone saying ‘I would take so and so’ to replace Bows you are in a dreamland.

The only likely replacement is Euell stepping up as we know he wanted the Wimbledon job.

Regardless I would stick with Bowyer, but clearly I’m one of a few now 
  • Options
    Please find it Bows, whatever it is we are looking for.

It's all very tiring you know?
  • Options
    I must be in the minority in thinking getting rid of LB is short-termism at its absolute worst. He did brilliantly getting us up, all those who say he had a great squad completely disregard the fact that there's been much better squads across all 4 divisions who are expected to do great things and don't. Having a great squad doesn't guarantee promotion and any manager getting promoted in their first full season as a manager deserves recognition.

Last season we came within a whisker of staying up despite being an absolute basket case of a club off the field. The job he did under those circumstances was first rate, and keeping us up would have been nothing short of incredible. In fact getting us to the last game of the season with a shot at staying up was some achievement in itself.

Has this season been great? No. I've watched the games  and I see the same things as everyone else we've been poor for a while now. I can understand those who are frustrated and we haven't been great to watch. Losses hurt no matter how they happen but I think there a little easier to accept when there's good football on display and there's been a lack of that in a lot of games this season.

Do I think LB deserves all the blame for that? No. I think recruitment has been hit and miss this season, however that was the hand we were dealt with the takeover issues and there were clearly some gambles, e.g Madison, that haven't paid off however we had to roll the dice and didn't have the backing we seemingly have now under TS. I also think we've had a terrible run of injuries, which have really derailed us. I also think there's been plenty of games we should have won and if we'd taken chances we'd probably be much higher up the table than we are.

Everyone has a view on the subject and there are clearly those who feel differently and feel LB should go, and that's the great part of football that everyone can see things differently. I don't think LB should be sacked and I think he should get a crack at next season, however I can understand the point of view of those who think he should go. However I do think some of the comments about LB are really unnecessary, the man is a legend in my eyes for what he's done and when the time comes for him to leave, whether it's today, the end of the season or 5 years time he deserves absolute respect from us for what he has done under really difficult circumstances at times.

His achievements and track record already show he's clearly a good manager and those saying he's inept or doesn't have a clue what he's doing I think are really off the mark, and some (not all) of the posts on here suggest there'll be some sort of celebratory feel if he goes which again I just find a little distasteful of someone who has achieved a lot for this club.

I do think we need a little perspective on where we were as a football club even a few months ago, we had been neglected at best for years and at worst asset stripped. Building us back to where we need to be is going to take substantial time and effort no matter how good TS intentions and how much money he is willing to throw at it, it won't all happen overnight. It's worth bearing in mind TS isn't the only owner in League One, or even League Two, who has ambition and the finances to match it and us having a great owner doesn't guarantee  that we'll walk the league.

I love his ambition and love that we finally have someone who wants success for this club, but I also think we need to be realistic in terms of what we can achieve and how quickly. Do people genuinely think Eddie Howe is going to come to us like I've seen suggested and spend his Tuesday night's at Accrington and Plymouth? 

Could not disagree with anything that you have written. Excellent analysis and puts many of the short sighted and intellectually challenged posters on this thread in their place.

Thanks Dad, I'll consider myself told and put in my place. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!