Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    Let’s see what happens........ but in keeping LB on we would also be seeing TS and his decision making in action. It his choice after all - not ours.

Its automatic promotion or nothing else next year in my eyes. 

If TS keeps him on and we fail again next season, I will be disappointed in him as well as LB.

• Options
    I think Bowyer will stay in the job for as long as it takes Ged Roddy to find his man to take us forward. 

You'd be very naive to think that Roddy hasn't already been looking. 
    Dangerous game IF Bowyer was to have an upturn in form and it got out that Roddy was actively recruiting a replacement.

I think we’ll cross that particular bridge when we get to it...
  • Options
    Would booooooing this team make them worse or better 🤷‍♂️
    I can't imagine it would make them better. Has it ever improved a team? (serious question)
    How can we ever tell
    would the boooo'd teams have got even shittier( a bit like this pathetic bunch ) or did they improve because of the booooing 
  • Options
    Let's hope performances improve. If we continue averaging a point a game for the rest of the season it will be pretty depressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it’s fairly clear he’s here for the rest of the season now so I will be fully behind Bowyer for the remaining third of the season.
    I'll 100% be behind him to turn things around and for us to go on a run.

But until I see evidence of that happening in results and feedback on here I won't be watching another minute on Valley Pass. The football is just awful to watch currently. 

I preferred it last season when we had a bunch of kids, fighting against quality teams like Leeds - then watching us get torn apart by a sloppy team like Burton. 
    I feel the same. I couldn't watch the last two because of work but I'm not forking out £10 a match to watch garbage. Despite thinking he has no chance, naturally I want us to win every game so if he turns it round I'll hold my hands up and would be delighted to do so. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Probably going to get slated for this and understand completely if people's finances are tight and have to pick and choose games a bit more but is not watching Charlton purely when they're on a bad run a bit fairweather?
    It's easier not to watch these days I guess. 

Personally I am in the tight finances bucket, especially with the current covid situation, but am still paying for quite a few games this season, looking back it's 18 so far......(Watching the rest on the snide too). Shame we didn't have a season ticket VP only option as I possibly would have spent around the same and used VP throughout. 
  • Options
    Probably going to get slated for this and understand completely if people's finances are tight and have to pick and choose games a bit more but is not watching Charlton purely when they're on a bad run a bit fairweather?
    Depends, if you’re not watching charlton cos you fancy watching eastenders instead then yes.

But if you’re not watching charlton because there’s a chance it’ll put you in a foul mood for the remainder of the week and you’ll come close to putting your foot through the screen, then no.
    Cafc43v3r said:
    There are 100s of reasons I haven't watched Charlton games over the last 30 odd years.  Being "a bit shit" has never been one of them. 
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's easier not to watch these days I guess. 

Personally I am in the tight finances bucket, especially with the current covid situation.
    Three good responses, thanks guys

Not trying to piss people off as know its an area that can question people's loyalty so appreciate the replies
  • Options
    I remember starting a thread a while ago asking 'how many will be buying today's stream' and got battered for not being a real and supportive fan. 

It's clear that more than a dozen have decided against buying the next stream. Maybe this form of fan feedback is important, rather than social media abuse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021

No, why would it be? The emotions I get watching Charlton play are completely different to most things I experience in my life - I have no interest in watching any other football, but the level of joy and feeling of contentment I get from watching Charlton win a game is only matched from spending time with my son.

And at the moment, due to the performances on the pitch, I would rather spend those hours with my family.

Would you call someone who enjoyed a video game franchise, say FIFA, and played them for every year, a fairweather fan if they choose not to play that years game because the quality was poor? 

Or the same to a passionate fan of a band, who has gone to every tour show, but chooses not to go to the latest one because the latest album was bad?

I do hate this view by some people, not saying you at all btw FA, that your 'passion' for Charlton and for Charlton doing well is in someway inferior because you do not want to watch them play a game. 
  • Options
    cafcfan1990 said: hi
    I think it’s fairly clear he’s here for the rest of the season now so I will be fully behind Bowyer for the remaining third of the season.
    I'll 100% be behind him to turn things around and for us to go on a run.

But until I see evidence of that happening in results and feedback on here I won't be watching another minute on Valley Pass. The football is just awful to watch currently. 

I preferred it last season when we had a bunch of kids, fighting against quality teams like Leeds - then watching us get torn apart by a sloppy team like Burton. 
    I feel the same. I couldn't watch the last two because of work but I'm not forking out £10 a match to watch garbage. Despite thinking he has no chance, naturally I want us to win every game so if he turns it round I'll hold my hands up and would be delighted to do so. 
    Happy to shell out a tenner, even if it is garbage, because 1) we live in hope 2) it supports the club 3) these are critical times, and Bowyer at least deserves that people watch the performances before calling for his sacking. However unlikely it seems, it *is* still just possible we might turn this around. 

PS Great wicket for Root!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Redrobo said:
    J BLOCK said:
    If Bowyer stays, I won't be buying anymore games. Can't bare to watch this rudderless team drift into mid table any longer. 
    Looks like Bowyer will be here for the rest of the season.  Like all Charlton fans, I hope he turns it around & really want him to, but I won't be watching.

Im not paying £10 a game to watch any more of this rubbish under Bowyer.
    I don’t think I could ever not go/watch Charlton out of choice. The chance of missing a great performance, a stunning goal, the emergence of a young player. 
    Being there at the lows makes the high points sweeter. I guess the hard core supporters are made up of the optimistic and the nothing better to do. 🙂
    I'd call myself a hardcore supporter. Hitchhiked a lift to see us promoted at Carlisle, once flew from a holiday in Spain for Sunderland away then flew back, I was also at Northwich Victoria ... 

But i'm not going to watch us going no where out of blind loyalty to a team that won't be here next season. If we could attend games live I would go, as it's more than the football. But the horse has bolted for me now, we're just waiting on the inevitable. 
  • Options

No, why would it be? The emotions I get watching Charlton play are completely different to most things I experience in my life - I have no interest in watching any other football, but the level of joy and feeling of contentment I get from watching Charlton win a game is only matched from spending time with my son.

And at the moment, due to the performances on the pitch, I would rather spend those hours with my family.

Would you call someone who enjoyed a video game franchise, say FIFA, and played them for every year, a fairweather fan if they choose not to play that years game because the quality was poor? 

Or passionate fan of a band, who has gone to every tour show, but chooses not to go to the latest one because the latest album was bad?
    I'm not arguing against the wider point about what does and doesn't make a fairweather fan because I think that's not a good argument to have (we're all Charlton fans, some of us have different circumstances), but this is a bad comparison. You buy FIFA with the express intention of it being an enjoyable experience. It's a product made to be an enjoyable experience. If they fail in that then their game hasn't met its purpose. Supporting a football team is completely different though; you don't go to watch Charlton with the express intention that you'll be having a good time, you go in hope and accept that there's a decent chance you'll end up upset or angry at the end of the experience. Football teams don't exist to make you happy like a product does, they exist to compete and survive and hopefully the people who watch them do it get to enjoy it. That's part of the joy of supporting a football team, the good feels so much better because it has to battle through the potential for the bad. If that wasn't the case then there wouldn't be any Charlton fans at all, we'd all follow Bayern Munich. Ten consecutive years of league titles and every time a rival team produces a decent player you just take them off their hands with your financial muscle. Easy. It's more like a relationship; it won't always make you happy, people won't always get it and you can walk away whenever you want depending on the strength of feeling you have there, but it doesn't exist with the sole intention of making you happy like a product does.
  • Options
    So there we have it, boycott when RD was the owner, now boycott because we are shite.
    Or was the "boycott" under RD over stated because we were, mainly, shite? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!