Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I was speaking generally. I didn't write all the names down in a book, but you can surely accept that quite a few did whilst you were not one of them.

The problem J Block had, and me too to a lesser extent was that giving clues to identify the player/s would not have helped. 
  • Options
    Can’t see the point of this thread now until after tomorrow’s match. 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Appealing Chuks's red card is the work of the delusional.
    We all know CA didn't go looking to whack the seasider but he caught him bang on the jaw with a flying elbow - even without a shitforbrains egomaniac overweight bearded wankstain called Huxtable for referee, that's a red card all day long in every game.
    All that appealing against it is gonna achieve is adding a match or two to Chuks's suspension.
    I'm not sure 4 (5or6) games off for Chuks is all bad news.
    Rose tinted specs on: maybe, just maybe Chuks could dedicate the time to absolutely definitely getting himself y'know actually fit and strong enough to be a fulltime professional footballer, like he's been paid to be these last several years?  No more of this pissing about "oh he can't play 2 games a week, we have to manage him carefully", pandering piss weak excuse making bullshit.  He's nearly 28 FFS.
    He's supposed to be a professional athlete - chief occupational hazard, whatever the athletic pursuit, is always pain - suck it up or go do something you're better suited to.
    It’s been overturned
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/603d2576ea3f4/chuks-anekes-red-card-against-blackpool-overturned
  • Options
    Is there anyone Bowyer hasn't criticised this season? 
    Amos

The amount of goals that Amos has conceded over the past few games is staggering. He must be getting dizzy from bending down picking the ball out of the net 2 or 3 times every game.

Why hasn’t Bowyer given Amos a rest?
    What does AMB have to do to get a game?
    Perhaps Amos is another of Bowyers favorites.
    Does feel like every shot is going in.
    We really have missed Phillips, but blaming Bowyer for not playing a GK that is not allowed to play is going some. 
    Incidentally, he did not play for the under 23’s today. I think we all wish him a speedy return to playing and I hope everything is OK with him. He has had a lot of head injuries. 
    I know it was a lighthearted comment that he should wear a crash helmet that I think was said by someone interviewing Bowyer, but with all that is being said about head injuries affecting later life, it feels that the time has come for all goalkeepers to wear protective headgear.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    That is good news. Aneke is a key player for us and Stockley and Aneke playing together is a tactic that looks like it might have some legs.

I am surprised it was overturned but I assume the ref looked at it again and decided it wasn't as bad as he thought. That is usually the only way something like that gets overturned. If so credit to the ref.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    A question to those that think Bowyer is CURRENTLY doing a good job as manager.

If you have lost your two centre halves through injury and are shipping goals as a result, what would be the sensible thing to do to try and prevent teams scoring ?

Bowyer tried Gunter and Pratley but did not protect them sufficiently and it failed.

Eventually Pearce and Oshilaja returned from injury and he obviously knew their deficiencies, but he didn't protect them sufficiently either.

Famewo (not totally fit) returns to play alongside Oshilaja and he still offers them little protection.

I won't go back to November, because there is little point, but what he has done in the last 2 games?

Against Burton he played (attacking) wing back AND wingers And he had Oshilaja over lapping down the left wing. Effectively playing 3 left wingers and 2 right wingers and no protection for the centre backs, even though Oshilaja is shooting off down the left wing as well.

Against Blackpool he still plays 2 wingers (if you're doing that they have got to win you the game or it's a bit like playing with 9 men.

But no he compounds the weakness of 2 v 4 in midfield by playing Shinnie and Pratley.
    Shinnie can't tackle effectively and so Pratley is up to a point trying to stop 4 midfielders by himself.

Is it any wonder that Pratley was charging round the pitch like a lunatic desperately trying to stop Blackpool single handed and fouling all and sundry as a result?

Then when everyone could see Pratley was likely to get sent off, having had numerous warnings and a yellow card he didn't sub him.

I'll only touch on picking the wrong players and formation most games resulting in him making numerous substitutions EVERY game.

The Blackpool manager knew it, all the other managers knew it and even most of our fans can see it (not all).

The obvious answer is you make your team hard to beat you don't play wingers and wing backs and overlapping centre halves, you keep it tight, not wide open.

You play 3/4 in the middle and you defend from front to back with 2 banks of players in front of your defence, so that much of the time the opposition can't get at your weak defence.

It's so simple and yet 3 months later Bowyer continues to make matters worse each game.

Bowyer demonstrated he could manage good players when they were winning.
    But he has failed miserably in showing the slightest understanding that he can set up a team to defend as a team and protect his defence and keeper from players being able to shoot unchallenged every single game.

Quite honestly it is staggering after 3 months.  
    Good post. He possibly could give Millar a free role behind the front two of Aneke and Stockley at the Valley but effectively two in midfield is suicidal.
    Not for 4 games, possibly more if we get called out as making a frivolous appeal. Osei Sankofa style. 
    Not so frivolous after all Daz 😉.
  • Options
    I was speaking generally. I didn't write all the names down in a book, but you can surely accept that quite a few did whilst you were not one of them.

The problem J Block had, and me too to a lesser extent was that giving clues to identify the player/s would not have helped. 
    Yes I think they did, but just for clarity I wasn't one of them, although I think at the time you suggested I was and clarified that I wasn't. (Sorry everyone).
  • Options
    Apologies if I did. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Is there anyone Bowyer hasn't criticised this season? 
    Amos

The amount of goals that Amos has conceded over the past few games is staggering. He must be getting dizzy from bending down picking the ball out of the net 2 or 3 times every game.

Why hasn’t Bowyer given Amos a rest?
    What does AMB have to do to get a game?
    Perhaps Amos is another of Bowyers favorites.
    Does feel like every shot is going in.
    We really have missed Phillips, but blaming Bowyer for not playing a GK that is not allowed to play is going some. 
    Incidentally, he did not play for the under 23’s today. I think we all wish him a speedy return to playing and I hope everything is OK with him. He has had a lot of head injuries. 
    I know it was a lighthearted comment that he should wear a crash helmet that I think was said by someone interviewing Bowyer, but with all that is being said about head injuries affecting later life, it feels that the time has come for all goalkeepers to wear protective headgear.
    Cech wore a protective helmet after his bad injury, and believe he played on in the top level of football for another 10 or so years. I’m certainly no sports professional, but would think it would be best for AMB’s future if he was to wear something similar for a while at least. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies if I did. 
    No problem.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    But I only wanted him out when he started being ultra negative and digging out players. I was very positive towards him before that.
    Quote button is your friend Mutts, hard to keep up with who you are responding to without the use of it. 
    Apologies. I don't think it is hard to work out the point I am making though whether you agree with it or not. :)
    For what it's worth Muttley I agree with your thoughts on this whole sordid mess... LB needs to go or relegation is a strong possibility.

I've always found your postings to be very balanced so I'm a bit gobsmacked at some of the comments made towards you but this is what supporting Charlton is like... A big family who don't always agree with each other but the love of the club doesn't change! 

I'm not bothered about it mate. I called this a few months back when we still had a chance of a winning season. The people trying to land the blows are the ostriches and it is usually the messenger these people aim at. It was the same with Southall. All good here, apart from one big fat wasted season that could unthinkably get worse.
    This 
    The Gillingham 2-3 game was when I finally went from on the fence to bowyer out.

The Blackpool 0-3 I went from bowyer out to what the fuck is going on he’s lost the plot.
    I think that the Gillingham game was a tipping point for a lot of us
    but the Burton game was def the WTF moment for me, i'm afraid by
    the time we got to Blackpool I had resigned myself to the inevitable 
    defeat, unlike me, i like to be positive but WTFF.
    the tipping point was reducing johnny williams to tears in front of the team 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    But I only wanted him out when he started being ultra negative and digging out players. I was very positive towards him before that.
    Quote button is your friend Mutts, hard to keep up with who you are responding to without the use of it. 
    Apologies. I don't think it is hard to work out the point I am making though whether you agree with it or not. :)
    For what it's worth Muttley I agree with your thoughts on this whole sordid mess... LB needs to go or relegation is a strong possibility.

I've always found your postings to be very balanced so I'm a bit gobsmacked at some of the comments made towards you but this is what supporting Charlton is like... A big family who don't always agree with each other but the love of the club doesn't change! 

I'm not bothered about it mate. I called this a few months back when we still had a chance of a winning season. The people trying to land the blows are the ostriches and it is usually the messenger these people aim at. It was the same with Southall. All good here, apart from one big fat wasted season that could unthinkably get worse.
    This 
    The Gillingham 2-3 game was when I finally went from on the fence to bowyer out.

The Blackpool 0-3 I went from bowyer out to what the fuck is going on he’s lost the plot.
    Are you being serious that Williams was crying?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Accidental post on wrong thread.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:

This 

Blimey.
  • Options
    Stunning... If true of course, but the timeframe for the collapse in form isn't far off.
  • Options
    Chuks was not one of the players J Block or myself were referring too btw. I wouldn't want people to wrongly come to that conclusion.
  • Options
    Explains a lot.

No wonder the players hate him and won't play for him.

Christ.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:

This 

Are you being serious that Williams was crying?
    yep - the players think he is a bully and an idiot and chucks took particular exception to it - i had lost faith in him way before that but the players turned on him after that 
    If there's any truth in that, it's even more astounding that he's still in charge 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not sure what to think of that if true.
    I recall a couple of young girls crying at work about 30 years ago, but that's about it.
  • Options
    If 23 players think bowyer is a “bully” and “idiot”, then find it odd they haven’t collectively gone above bowyer and made there point of being unwilling to play for the good of the club until he’s gone. Instead of just carrying on playing worse and worse to force him out that way. 
  • Options
    Playing 3 at the back and wingbacks, like we did against Burton, makes no sense if you then choose to play 2 players who like to play as wingers as well. 

It's the wingbacks you'd expect to provide the width, with the midfield controlling the central part of the pitch, e.g. making the minimal amount of changes to the team Bowyer picked for the Burton game

Amos
           Pratley   Pearce   Oshilaja
    Gunter                                      Purrington
            Morgan  Shinnie    Watson
                   Aneke    Stockley

• Options
    Random okapi caretaker manager for the rest of the season now looking an even more appealing prospect.

Does the transfer window apply to zoos?
  • Options
    That is good news. Aneke is a key player for us and Stockley and Aneke playing together is a tactic that looks like it might have some legs.

I am surprised it was overturned but I assume the ref looked at it again and decided it wasn't as bad as he thought. That is usually the only way something like that gets overturned. If so credit to the ref.

Credit to Bowyer for challenging it
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Posted on Facebook ... 

The players got told a few home truths today by one of our own at Euston station, I think with no fans allowed in they have got off very lightly with the shit they have served up. A few took it on board but were left knowing their performances and attitudes are not acceptable.
    Good - they have got off incredibly lightly. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Posted on Facebook ... 

The players got told a few home truths today by one of our own at Euston station, I think with no fans allowed in they have got off very lightly with the shit they have served up. A few took it on board but were left knowing their performances and attitudes are not acceptable.
    Doubt it was any worse than what their manager says to them everyday.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!