Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has Bowyer lost it?

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Posted on Facebook ... 

The players got told a few home truths today by one of our own at Euston station, I think with no fans allowed in they have got off very lightly with the shit they have served up. A few took it on board but were left knowing their performances and attitudes are not acceptable.
    Yea but did they start crying?

If what @Doucher has posted above about Bowyer reducing Williams to tears is true then no wonder the team has just downed tools. And if it is true and TS knows it is, then the lack of action by TS in getting rid of Bowyer is unbelievable.
  • Options
    NLA
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    _MrDick said:
    Posted on Facebook ... 

The players got told a few home truths today by one of our own at Euston station, I think with no fans allowed in they have got off very lightly with the shit they have served up. A few took it on board but were left knowing their performances and attitudes are not acceptable.
    I just find that anyone would do this a bit wierd.

But if we win tomorrow, I think we've found Bows replacement. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Posted on Facebook ... 

If what @Doucher has posted above about Bowyer reducing Williams to tears is true then no wonder the team has just downed tools. And if it is true and TS knows it is, then the lack of action by TS in getting rid of Bowyer is unbelievable.
     Bloody big IF
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Posted on Facebook ... 

Bloody big IF
    the info comes from more than one charlton player - not chucks  
  • Options
    and if u track back over years and years i think you'll find i have never made anything up and virtually everything i've posted on here has been proven to be correct, as this is 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is there anyone Bowyer hasn't criticised this season? 
    Amos

The amount of goals that Amos has conceded over the past few games is staggering. He must be getting dizzy from bending down picking the ball out of the net 2 or 3 times every game.

Why hasn’t Bowyer given Amos a rest?
    What does AMB have to do to get a game?
    Perhaps Amos is another of Bowyers favorites.
    He's had another concussion. Hasn't been on the bench for a while. 
    I think that Amos has been shocking over the past few weeks.

I know our defence is non existent, but Amos has not exactly covered himself in glory.
    His performance at Fleetwood last week was appalling.
    When your goalkeeper is this suspect he doesn’t give the defenders a lot of confidence. He needs a rest to restore his confidence.

He actually earned us a point at fleetwood. 
  • Options
    Could it be chinese whispers going on though or a player with a grudge making stuff up so he gets the boot or is looked at badly

i just struggle believing this has happened and if it all was as bad and toxic surely bowyer wld have been gone long ago and people above wld have got wind of the dramas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    and if u track back over years and years i think you'll find i have never made anything up and virtually everything i've posted on here has been proven to be correct, as this is 
    Apart from the fact you can make loan signings outside of the window.  About an hour ago :smile:
    i assumed that, wasn't told it  :)
  • Options
    The thing is we read Bowyers post match comments and find them unbelievable. Can you imagine what the players think when they read/hear the same?!

I can’t believe there are many, if any, players who are behind him.
  • Options
    I’ve worked out what the ‘IT’bowyer may have lost is............HIS CUSTARD!!!!!!!!, hence the tragic tactics and lineups/ post match comments. He doesn’t have anything to dip his cock in if we were to actually keep a clean sheet for one and god forbid win a game. How did it take 150 pages to work it out!!!🤣
  • Options
    Players may think, and to be clear that this is speculation rather than known fact, that if they are not going to be here next season they are best riding this out rather than sticking their heads above the parapet. Doesn't stop them being angry or venting their spleen in the moment or talking behind the manager's back.

I would be surprised if Sandgaard or Roddy has received an official complaint or are likely to receive one. Directly wronged players like Williams, Maddison and Bogle have moved on and no doubt others will follow.  
  • Options
    If there's one player I could see crying it would be Williams. He looked like he was going to burst into tears in that Sunderland documentary. I can't recall if anyone else was in the room other than the interviewer. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Amos

The amount of goals that Amos has conceded over the past few games is staggering. He must be getting dizzy from bending down picking the ball out of the net 2 or 3 times every game.

I know our defence is non existent, but Amos has not exactly covered himself in glory.
    When your goalkeeper is this suspect he doesn’t give the defenders a lot of confidence. He needs a rest to restore his confidence.

His kicking and ball distribution was appalling.

The Fleetwood keeper had no problems kicking or throwing the ball into the wind, but in contrast Amos could not distribute the ball into the wind.

As soon as he released the ball it came straight back at him.
    All to often his distribution went to a Fleetwood player who then started another attack.
  • Options
    A question to those that think Bowyer is CURRENTLY doing a good job as manager.

If you have lost your two centre halves through injury and are shipping goals as a result, what would be the sensible thing to do to try and prevent teams scoring ?

Bowyer tried Gunter and Pratley but did not protect them sufficiently and it failed.

Eventually Pearce and Oshilaja returned from injury and he obviously knew their deficiencies, but he didn't protect them sufficiently either.

Famewo (not totally fit) returns to play alongside Oshilaja and he still offers them little protection.

I won't go back to November, because there is little point, but what he has done in the last 2 games?

Against Burton he played (attacking) wing back AND wingers And he had Oshilaja over lapping down the left wing. Effectively playing 3 left wingers and 2 right wingers and no protection for the centre backs, even though Oshilaja is shooting off down the left wing as well.

Against Blackpool he still plays 2 wingers (if you're doing that they have got to win you the game or it's a bit like playing with 9 men.

But no he compounds the weakness of 2 v 4 in midfield by playing Shinnie and Pratley.
    Shinnie can't tackle effectively and so Pratley is up to a point trying to stop 4 midfielders by himself.

Is it any wonder that Pratley was charging round the pitch like a lunatic desperately trying to stop Blackpool single handed and fouling all and sundry as a result?

Then when everyone could see Pratley was likely to get sent off, having had numerous warnings and a yellow card he didn't sub him.

I'll only touch on picking the wrong players and formation most games resulting in him making numerous substitutions EVERY game.

The Blackpool manager knew it, all the other managers knew it and even most of our fans can see it (not all).

The obvious answer is you make your team hard to beat you don't play wingers and wing backs and overlapping centre halves, you keep it tight, not wide open.

You play 3/4 in the middle and you defend from front to back with 2 banks of players in front of your defence, so that much of the time the opposition can't get at your weak defence.

It's so simple and yet 3 months later Bowyer continues to make matters worse each game.

Bowyer demonstrated he could manage good players when they were winning.
    But he has failed miserably in showing the slightest understanding that he can set up a team to defend as a team and protect his defence and keeper from players being able to shoot unchallenged every single game.

Quite honestly it is staggering after 3 months.  
    Good post. He possibly could give Millar a free role behind the front two of Aneke and Stockley at the Valley but effectively two in midfield is suicidal.
    I’m absolutely not having this as everyone was asking for 442 and nothing else. A diamond was the LAST formation people wanted.

Can we just stick to our word instead of changing after hindsight 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Amos

His kicking and ball distribution was appalling.

The Fleetwood keeper had no problems kicking or throwing the ball into the wind, but in contrast Amos could not distribute the ball into the wind.

As soon as he released the ball it came straight back at him.
    All to often his distribution went to a Fleetwood player who then started another attack.
    Agreed he didn’t handle the conditions as well as he could have. Personally I think Amos is the least of our worries at the moment. It’s the clowns in front of him that bother me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If these posts on making Williams cry and all the players thinking and now telling fans bowyer is a bully and idiot, I’m struggling to place JJ in this. I’ve never met Bowyer, but I’ve met, spoken to, drank with JJ on occasions before, and truly is one of the nicest guys in football I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with, finding it hard to imagine him sitting in that dressing room, saying nothing and carrying on this whole season as if nothing is wrong. 
    I would agree with the first bit of that and despite the LOLs and disagreements, it is why I wouldn't want JJ turfed out because of Bowyer's actions and would like him as a caretaker.

I would imagine that JJ is supporting the players as best he can. But I am in a different place with JJ. For me he is a loyal Charlton hero and I haven't heard anything to doubt this. I have the rose tinted glasses when it comes to him that some still have with Bowyer. 
  • Options
    If there's one player I could see crying it would be Williams. He looked like he was going to burst into tears in that Sunderland documentary. I can't recall if anyone else was in the room other than the interviewer. 
    Watched it a long time ago, but he was in his apartment from vague memory.  
  • Options
    Did people bump into them at Euston or go there specifically to ‘meet’ them? 

Bit strange if it’s the latter.
  • Options
    Players may think, and to be clear that this is speculation rather than known fact, that if they are not going to be here next season they are best riding this out rather than sticking their heads above the parapet. Doesn't stop them being angry or venting their spleen in the moment or talking behind the manager's back.

I would be surprised if Sandgaard or Roddy has received an official complaint or are likely to receive one. Directly wronged players like Williams, Maddison and Bogle have moved on and no doubt others will follow.  
    If bowyer has been bullying to the levels suggested by a few on here then I’d be surprised if someone hasn’t filed an official complaint to those above. I’d have thought at least one player or staff member would have thought enough is enough and bowyer needs to be stopped or have a warning set against him. 
  • Options
    JJ strikes me as a complete opposite character from Bowyer. Just like we gave Bowyer a chance after Robinson despite being assistant maybe JJ would be worth a takeover spell till the end of the season if Bowyer doesn't pick up any results in the next 2 games? 
  • Options
    JJ strikes me as a complete opposite character from Bowyer. Just like we gave Bowyer a chance after Robinson despite being assistant maybe JJ would be worth a takeover spell till the end of the season if Bowyer doesn't pick up any results in the next 2 games? 
    I agree with that but would caveat it with the fact I don't know. But as an assistant, what can he do? have a fight with the manager? Why should he resign?
  • Options

If bowyer has been bullying to the levels suggested by a few on here then I’d be surprised if someone hasn’t filed an official complaint to those above. I’d have thought at least one player or staff member would have thought enough is enough and bowyer needs to be stopped or have a warning set against him. 
    i've no doubt that bullying goes on in all football dressing rooms from time to time but just reporting what i've been told and there's no doubt that the 'losing the dressing room' theory fits with all this and has turned a crap run into a disaster - the crap tactics and baffling selections have only been made worse i suspect due to grudges and the like - i mean really - who in their right mind would leave chucks on the bench and play washington? 
  • Options
    If these posts on making Williams cry and all the players thinking and now telling fans bowyer is a bully and idiot, I’m struggling to place JJ in this. I’ve never met Bowyer, but I’ve met, spoken to, drank with JJ on occasions before, and truly is one of the nicest guys in football I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with, finding it hard to imagine him sitting in that dressing room, saying nothing and carrying on this whole season as if nothing is wrong. 
    And wasn't it JJ and JBG that went over Bob Peeters head when he was slagging off the players to his assistant in Flemish?

Jackie has scruples. I'm not doubting DOUCHER or digging him out, I just wonder if JJ has gone to Gallen or Roddy or Sandgaard.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!