Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    If that trip and block on the line by Schwartz was done by Bogle he's have been hung out to dry right now. 
    Fair point ... but Bogle hasn’t impressed much before today ... hopefully from today we see a different side of him. 
    Let's hope he can do what Aneke has done - come on after 60/70 mins and get a goal or 3.Thought he did well when he came on and would have done wonders for his confidence had he scored
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I dont know why its suddenly be brought up as such a meme now as seeing it all over the place

But the original is a picture of four mates each who look giant twats posing pretending to look cool

Its a couple of years old now too

Dont want to stoke the flames but found it a bit humorous, especially the first one with Bowyer what with the "dressing room unrest"
    Ah cool, cheers. Thought I’d missed some massive cultural reference!
  • Options
    Didn't watch the stream & have only read the first 3 pages on here as I wanted to see the "highlights" before commenting.

Just viewed Sky's 1m & 45 secs.......wow ! Seems like it was all Rovers in the first half (which was not what was reported on the match thread) and on another day we could have been 2 or 3 nil down by half time. 

Both Schwartz's & Bogle's misses look awful. Really have to improve in front of goal if we have any ambition of finishing in the top 6. Not that we will because even an idiot can see that by looking at the table there are at least 3 teams who will be above us once we've all played the same number of games. Around 8th is where I'd place us if I was a betting man. 

As for Peterborough on Tuesday. Not sure if Bowyer will put Pearce straight back into the back 4 or put Pratley there & bring back Gilbey into the midfield, although I doubt he can do much else unless he goes back to  putting players in the wrong positions.

Just shows you can’t trust highlights. And I can’t remember Rovers having a decent chance let alone us possibly being two or three down. And that’s not forgetting Chuks couple of decent chances. Load of tosh I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    I dont know why its suddenly be brought up as such a meme now as seeing it all over the place

But the original is a picture of four mates each who look giant twats posing pretending to look cool

Dont want to stoke the flames but found it a bit humorous, especially the first one with Bowyer what with the "dressing room unrest"
    No it's 4 blokes miming/lip syncing a sea shanty
    The sea shanty one is new, it’s been a meme on Twitter for a long time now. 

It went viral because of how stupidly they’re dressed and how stereotypical their “laddishness” is.

It's only watching this now that I see it's actually a doctored copy of the image turned into a video! 

Never noticed that before.
    I only knew as saw the original ages ago with people taking the piss about how the centre left bloke appears to have a face too small for his head
  • Options
    Would be great if today is a turning point for our season - although I think that started with the second half performance against Rochdale.
    With returning players this is where LB will show his true colours with some interesting decisions to make.Our problems of late started with losing our 2 main center halves.Get the back 4 sorted correctly and we have lots of options in front of them.COYR
  • Options
    I thought Morgan was great today and said as soon as he got the red that Bows wouldn’t be hugely critical as he’s doing what he’s been asked to do. JFC has been doing very well and I hope he stays fit. I really like Millar too. So many put a shift in today which was quality. 

Has it been confirmed who’s back on Tuesday night?
  • Options
    Something in me says to me that Bowyer has learnt the hard way that he's no tactical genius and is going back to basics too. 

The lineup, subs, positivity in assessment. 

We have missed out, thrown away, not turned up for many points so really need another winning streak. I feel we have it in us as long as don't just pick the old timers each and every game..Pearce, Pratley, Watson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

No it's 4 blokes miming/lip syncing a sea shanty
    The sea shanty one is new, it’s been a meme on Twitter for a long time now. 

It went viral because of how stupidly they’re dressed and how stereotypical their “laddishness” is.
    Heroes everyone of them.  This year’s Captain Tom Moore 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Too many tattoos for some people in them pics....🤭🤫
  • Options
    Crikey we are a lot of happy bunnies 🐰 tonight, did we win;)

Personally prefer the doom, gloom and outrage!

BTW is Scott Minto a Vulcan?
  • Options
    Best thing about today? The clean sheet. 
    You’re easily pleased.
    Have you just come back from the Laundrette?
  • Options
    Crikey we are a lot of happy bunnies 🐰 tonight, did we win;)

Personally prefer the doom, gloom and outrage!

BTW is Scott Minto a Vulcan?

• Options
    I thought Schwartz just got his foot caught in the turf?
  • Options
    I thought Schwartz just got his foot caught in the turf?
    That was it. A lot is being made of it. I think people are concerned it's the end for the Minister of finishing.....but he didn't even get to dispatch an attempt.

• Options
    If you think Morgan's red was stupid, watch Robinson's for Fulham. Ridiculous challenge and even more pointless than Albie's.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    mart77 said:
    I thought Morgan was great today and said as soon as he got the red that Bows wouldn’t be hugely critical as he’s doing what he’s been asked to do. JFC has been doing very well and I hope he stays fit. I really like Millar too. So many put a shift in today which was quality. 
    Pratley & Pearce back from suspension. Shinnie & Famewo are back in training. Hopefully one of both will make the bench at least
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    KettsJohn said:
    mart77 said:
    Pratley & Pearce back from suspension. Shinnie & Famewo are back in training. Hopefully one of both will make the bench at least.
    I’m praying that in a couple of weeks we’ll be spoilt for choice with a couple of new faces too.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Sadly admitting, that this was the kind of calibre game I was expecting a bit more in L1 this season. 

It is clear that a lot of teams raise their game against us, which requires a more attacking and fast-out-the-blocks approach from the off. 
  • Options

Not much social distancing going on there 😷
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Phew... After weeks of depression, arguments, crazy after match interviews we finally get a win....

Well deserved but leave Ronnie alone...poor fella hadn't played for 6 months so he deserves a break.

If LB turns this around I will be the first to say he should be given a medal!

Looking forward to Peterborough now.
    Turns what around? Why are we making such a big deal out of this? We are just in a bit of bad form! Jesus, give the guy a break! 
    1 win a summer doth not make.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Didn't watch the stream & have only read the first 3 pages on here as I wanted to see the "highlights" before commenting.

Just viewed Sky's 1m & 45 secs.......wow ! Seems like it was all Rovers in the first half (which was not what was reported on the match thread) and on another day we could have been 2 or 3 nil down by half time. 

Both Schwartz's & Bogle's misses look awful. Really have to improve in front of goal if we have any ambition of finishing in the top 6. Not that we will because even an idiot can see that by looking at the table there are at least 3 teams who will be above us once we've all played the same number of games. Around 8th is where I'd place us if I was a betting man. 

As for Peterborough on Tuesday. Not sure if Bowyer will put Pearce straight back into the back 4 or put Pratley there & bring back Gilbey into the midfield, although I doubt he can do much else unless he goes back to  putting players in the wrong positions.

Far from it.
    Sky must be lying then. Or our "chances" were a bit tame & not worth putting into a highlights package 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Got to laugh ......!
    Most people would say something like “Didn’t watch the stream so can’t comment on the performance.” Not our Golfie though - he watches less than 2% of the match and extrapolates out an opinion on the entire performance. I’ve still never quite worked out if it’s a parody account. 
    I always seem to have to repeat myself on here - must be because some of you can't read. 

I say again - I watched the Sky highlights put up on the "Rolling Reels" thread (check it out if you want). It shows at least 3 Rovers attacks in the first half compared to our 1. I can't help if Sky either don't like us or deem our "attacks" too tame or feeble so as not to include them. Its not as if they had a 4-4 thriller so could only show goals. I also said that I followed the "action" on here & on Sky Soccer  Saturday. Sky never went over to the stadium once during the 1st half & accounts on here seem to suggest we didnt trouble their goalkeeper once. Now, all that could be lies & it could be that we were so dominant that Rovers never got out of their own half. Where are Dustin  Hoffmann & Robert Redford when you need them......

• Options
    Skys highlights
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11763/12188591/bristol-rovers-0-1-charlton-liam-millar-scores-winner-at-the-memorial-stadium
    Safe to say there was more than 1 decent chance for Charlton in the first half during the actual game
  • Options
    Stig said:

Far from it.
    Sky must be lying then. Or our "chances" were a bit tame & not worth putting into a highlights package 

I thought that we were the better team in the first half possession wise. We were the most dominant team but didn't do enough with it imo. Both teams had several chances. From memory they hit the side netting twice and had one chance when the bloke really should have scored. We also had two or three chances.  I think Sky have selected only Rovers's chances by what you're saying.

I was pleased with the performance but I think the relief of finally getting a win has resulted in an over exuberant reaction on here.
    I do agree with the praise for deji and jfc though. Deji should keep his place even if both Inniss and Famewo are fit, and I'm amazed I'm saying that but anything else would be an injustice if he keeps performing like that.

Anyway, what right do you have to have any kind of opinion if you didn't see the match🙂.?

Do you really exist or are you a parody account? 😜