Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Peterborough v Charlton Athletic | Tue 19 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    Look at this league....that stadium that pitch. This is where we are unfortunately due to years of mismanagement by previous owners and we aren’t getting out of it anytime soon. Sad to say but I’ve accepted it and need to lower my expectations as it’s going to take a while to turn it around.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Even Jackson laying down some truths to the players

“It was a great meeting” - what’s that a reference to?
    He said it was a chat during training 
  • Options
    A battling draw would have been an ok result, we took a shotgun to both feet again. Lee has to be brave and stop being so loyal to those that did OK a couple of seasons ago. I really would have kept the back two that kept the door shut at the weekend the same. Half way though the season. Fingers crossed for a couple of inspiring 21 year olds and Famewo and Innis’ return in the next 2-3 weeks...
  • Options
    Get the feeling that bowyer would quite happily sack off most of this team and rebuild completely 
    I think its also a challenge to his players... Basically saying that each and every one of them deserve to be replaced if they keep putting in these performances / mistakes -  Certainly agree with him that no one is playing with the consistency to consider their position safe
  • Options
    That's 18 goals in 8 games with Pearce in the side regardless of who he plays with.
    Deji played with Gunter who is a RB and we kept a clean sheet. 

Pearce is done, his positioning is all over the shop and doesn't control situations. 

Even the 2nd goal he's standing next to shinnie when he makes the mistake, standing on the touchline, he's the CH ffs.

Its not like he's young and can be taught. 
    Unlike a Barker who is young and will make mistakes but at least learn.
    Really don't understand why other teams in this league are blooding in their 17/18 Yr olds but we can't as its too risky.
    Pearce is a risk every game he plays in my opinion, and that doesn't mean I don't appreciate he's been an OK player for us over the years.
    As for club captain, sorry he ain't a captain 
  • Options
    Very frustrating, Deji and Pearce just cannot play together imo. Individual mistakes cost us again, we didn't really offer anything once they equalised. 

If Famewo and Innis can get back fit then we might stand a chance, there is half a season left. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Where was the shape in the 2nd half? Looked like Bowyer sent subs out without any instructions for them or the rest of the team on the pitch.

The rest of league are going pull away soon and we spend the rest of the season wondering if we are touching distance of 6th.

But its ok, the bowyer in brigade have their win at Bristol Rovers. Good for them.
    Your name doesn’t come as a surprise
    Thanks. Top reply
  • Options
    He was never quick but he has lost a yard of pace since his injury. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A bit of perspective, this team isn't good enough for top 2 and probably isn't good enough for top 6. Frustrating but feels like this may just need to be a consolidation season after the mess of the past year and a bit. Get through this season, if we're lucky scrape into the playoffs and then build a proper team
  • Options
    Could argue this is a Bowyer mistake tonight, given the amount of space Smodiczs had to run into each time

• Options
    esseffect said:
    Where was the shape in the 2nd half? Looked like Bowyer sent subs out without any instructions for them or the rest of the team on the pitch.

The rest of league are going pull away soon and we spend the rest of the season wondering if we are touching distance of 6th.

But its ok, the bowyer in brigade have their win at Bristol Rovers. Good for them.
    Thanks. Top reply
    Only thing they can come back at you with mate coz they know you’re right. 
  • Options
    Is this where Bowyer needs a bit of a senior head in the background if we're suddenly so iffy defensively?

• Options
    The squad is good enough, it is just it isn't confident and we need to get that back. We need Famewo back - I thought he was close. Sort out the CH positions and it will change. Deji is our third best centre half, but we don't really need to go beyond that number as it stands now. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:

Thanks. Top reply
    Do you have 2 accounts?
  • Options
    Deserved at least a draw . Pratley and JFC did well in the middle and Washington had a good game tonight  . Smyth just isn't good enough for League 1 and Pearce is a shadow of his former self .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get the feeling that bowyer would quite happily sack off most of this team and rebuild completely 
    Feel the same
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Even Jackson laying down some truths to the players

“It was a great meeting” - what’s that a reference to?

got to be the clear the air meeting that a number of people have suggested has occurred. 
  • Options
    Played well up until the defensive mix up that led to their first goal. Then we looked stretched and panicky the rest of the game. The attacking substitutions didn't work as well as we might have hoped but the midfield substitutions contributed to our loss of control and failure to create chances for them. Deserved a point but let it slip away.
  • Options
    The squad is good enough, it is just it isn't confident and we need to get that back. We need Famewo back - I thought he was close. Sort out the CH positions and it will change. Deji is our third best centre half, but we don't really need to go beyond that number as it stands now. 
    Need some strikers as well, early days but I have a niggly feeling Ronnie is not the answer.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:

By jove, I think you've nailed it there. The manager obviously sends the team out without any instructions - no instructions at all. You're a genius son, pure genius.
    Haha yes IdiotDrugs, love to see it! Someone who can clearly see how awful Bowyers management has been this season! Shocking shape and tactics. 

Nearly died when the Bowyer In brigade started asking where the Bowyer Out brigade was after the BR win, narrow minded peasants.
    I may be a peasant for supporting Bowyer but I am glad I am not you. Gloating after your own team lost seems like you have some serious issues 
  • Options
    esseffect said:

Thanks. Top reply

• Options
    He picked those players and bought them though? Unless he wants to conveniently forget that. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Another defeat. Another two goals conceded. Zero attacking threat. 

How many teams have better squads than us in this league? 
    Squad not that release the when they team was made up of so many squad players. Our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs, Pratley who we need replace in summer (if not possible this month), our 3rd and 4th choice strikers, Smyth a squad player at best. That’s not a promotion winning team, while Peterborough had an 11 out there that should at least make the play-offs.
    Every team has injuries, it’s no excuse. 
    We’ve had one blip in form which saw us win 7 on the bounce. Baring that we haven’t been performing since November 2019. 
    I’m not blaming injuries, I’m saying you’re overrating the squad. I wouldn’t give the likes of Oshilaja, Pearce, Pratley and Bogle new contracts, would you?
    Not a chance. In fact, I think 75% of this team won't be here next season.

That being said, this league is so so poor this year, there aren't many teams with better squads than us. We should not be where we are. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    esseffect said:

Thanks. Top reply
    Do you have 2 accounts?
    Na he don’t, just shouldn’t get singled out for his name when he’s spitting facts. Childish