Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Peterborough v Charlton Athletic | Tue 19 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    Don’t know what people see in Smyth. His feet are faster than his brain, think he’s exactly the sort of player we don’t need really.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    knew we'd lose when i saw the starting line up - that is all 
    You are genius! You also think Washington is shit who worked his socks off tonight! Get out of your own arse! 
    well bowyer agrees - he's just watched the team and asked where we need strengthening - first thing he says is up top - washington is the best of the 3 that aren't good enough, but he';s not good - ineffective, as always  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Poor old Bows. I have to say,I watched the pre match interview and he already had the look of a beaten man.

Something still ain't right.

What ain't right is:
    We haven't got the two CB who helped us achieve 7 clean sheets and Bowyer, like me and I assume others didn't think we would stop them scoring at least one goal.
    What was disappointing is, the Posh didn't have a sniff of a goal 1st half.

Another two gifts cost us.

Who is Lee digging out with his remark we didn't move quick enough to bring someone in ?

Right I get that we would be better with the "two center halves", I don't think anyone doubts that.

But you do realise that neither of them have ever played more than 20 games in a season before? 

You would also expect Pearce and Oshilaja to be half decent cover. 

You can't keep banging on that those two are injured and expect everyone to just shrug their shoulders and say "that's OK then"?

We have dropped SOME points, like one today, that is a direct result of their absence but not ALL the points we have dropped since the international break. 
    They should be half decent cover, but the issue is we're having to play several of them together. Not many would have Pearce, Oshilaja, Smyth or Bogle in their best 11. It's enough to be the difference between a win and a draw, or like tonight a draw and a defeat.
  • Options
    Pearce isn't playing well at the moment

What I don't know is whether he's just in a run of poor form or whether he's unfortunately on the way down. He's only 33, and it's not as if he's had a major injury so he ought to still be a decent player at L1 level.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Poor old Bows. I have to say,I watched the pre match interview and he already had the look of a beaten man.

What ain't right is:
    We haven't got the two CB who helped us achieve 7 clean sheets and Bowyer, like me and I assume others didn't think we would stop them scoring at least one goal.

Who is Lee digging out with his remark we didn't move quick enough to bring someone in ?

Who is responsible for bringing players in?

It was a rhetorical question.

But I have added Steve Gallen and Thomas Sandgaard as it could have been a delay because of time zones between Colorado and London.

Or nothing to do with time zones !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What ain't right is:

Lee is all inclusive when looking for targets.
    Thomas Sandgaard or Steve Gallen ?

This won't end well.
    That was a bit odd, as he seemed to be implying that we should have had another player available tonight, but for slowness within the club. Definitely a dig at someone...
  • Options
    Couple of peculiar comments about Schwartz. That game tonight doesn’t strike me as a bit of him. Coming off the bench in a scrappy tie on a shit pitch. The bloke will need a bit of service and possession football to create space for him. I’d start him and Aneke going forward and get as much out of them as we can.
    Yes agreed, he is obviously a player that needs quality balls into him in the box. Absolutely nothing was created for him when he came on so what’s he supposed to do. Chuks had a chance of crossing to him when he was middle of the six yard box  but put in a weak shot instead.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

What ain't right is:

Right I get that we would be better with the "two center halves", I don't think anyone doubts that.

But you do realise that neither of them have ever played more than 20 games in a season before? 

You can't keep banging on that those two are injured and expect everyone to just shrug their shoulders and say "that's OK then"?

We have dropped SOME points, like one today, that is a direct result of their absence but not ALL the points we have dropped since the international break. 
    They should be half decent cover, but the issue is we're having to play several of them together. Not many would have Pearce, Oshilaja, Smyth or Bogle in their best 11. It's enough to be the difference between a win and a draw, or like tonight a draw and a defeat.
    Yeah but tonight isn't the problem though is it. Its emphasised by recent dropped points that have been caused by reasons other that the "two center halves".

Tonight happens to almost every team at this level. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    This is not how I want us to play and win, lose or draw. Fighting doesn't have to mean really fighting.
  • Options
    One massive highlight tonight.  My lad on Valley Pass at half time, and even got a shout out from Scott Minto and Curbs... Will his prediction of playing for Charlton and winning the PL and FA Cup 5 years running come true?  One thing I will say is that 8 years old he would have charged at that dropping ball that Pearce and Oshi both backed away from (he would have missed it mind!).

Result was gutting, players gave their all, a couple of dreadful mistakes.  I have always enjoyed Pearce's attitude to the game and he is a 100% man but this season sadly seems one too long.

Autos seem out of reach and play offs are drifting away if we don't get a run together sharpish.

I have been critical of Bows of late but he spoke well after the game I thought and had the team set up fine.  I wish he would not make so many subs because it takes all imputus out of our game but that is not why we lost tonight.
    Liked your kids piece and the lovely Tia Welby as well
  • Options
    Couple of peculiar comments about Schwartz. That game tonight doesn’t strike me as a bit of him. Coming off the bench in a scrappy tie on a shit pitch. The bloke will need a bit of service and possession football to create space for him. I’d start him and Aneke going forward and get as much out of them as we can.
    Agreed & that’s why we need Maddison back in the team ASAP! 
  • Options
    Didnt think we were dirty at all tonight , just physical 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    jams said:
    Didnt think we were dirty at all tonight , just physical 
    I thought Peterborough were a lot more dirty!!

Had the one early on that resembled the second yellow that Morgan received
    The late nick on Forster-Caskey in the second half
    Think you had another where their player went through ours
    Finally you had the one where Millar jumped over the defender who tried to slide through him

For us, you had the moment when someone (probably Pratley) took Dembele out of the game and when Pearce and Szmodics had the wrestling match @ 2-1, otherwise the referee just gave us yellow cards for persistent fouling whilst only booked their Goalkeeper and Szmodics both times for dissent.

Nearly every 50/50 got given in their favour!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Ferguson is such a whingey whiney git
    They gave as good as they got and played hoofball all night. 
  • Options
    Get the feeling that bowyer would quite happily sack off most of this team and rebuild completely 
    No problem. He'll get his chance in the summer when the usual.squad churn happens. Problem is Sangaard might not trust him to do it.
  • Options
    Frustrating result, I thought we were pretty good in the first half and deserved lead. Gifted them two goals second half and never really looked a threat again after that. 

The first goal is so avoidable. As soon as Deji and Pearce let the ball bounce I was shouting at the tv. Really poor goal to concede and it changes the game. 

On a brighter note we do look like more of a team compared to where we were at a few weeks back. I’m confident of a win at the weekend. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    esseffect said:
    Where was the shape in the 2nd half? Looked like Bowyer sent subs out without any instructions for them or the rest of the team on the pitch.

The rest of league are going pull away soon and we spend the rest of the season wondering if we are touching distance of 6th.

But its ok, the bowyer in brigade have their win at Bristol Rovers. Good for them.
    Your name doesn’t come as a surprise
    Thanks. Top reply
    Only thing they can come back at you with mate coz they know you’re right. 
    Do you have 2 accounts?
    Na he don’t, just shouldn’t get singled out for his name when he’s spitting facts. Childish
    "Spitting facts" yeah bread bin I getcha.
    In addition to this, no one should be attacked for their opinions.

Bowyer still has to turn it around, let's not pretend he's faultless.
    So you don’t think you’ve seen enough dross to call time on Bowyer? 
     Nah I've always said he has until end of January to get this ship back on track. Even if we lost every game from now til then, we'd have time for a new manager to come in and have a crack at promotion, just like in LB's first few months.
    And when the same individual errors from the same poor players keep costing us points, how long before the new guy gets the bullet? 
    Perhaps the new manager wont keep playing the same poor players & will pick young fresh hungry ones instead. Loads of other managers in this league do it. Maybe because they are forced to due to limited budgets or because they believe in giving youth a try. Just a thought. 
  • Options

What ain't right is:

Lee is all inclusive when looking for targets.
    Thomas Sandgaard or Steve Gallen ?

This won't end well.
    yes, its rather telling that comment. I wouldn't have thought it would be about Gallen as it's usually him that is pointing out players to sign. Thought Sandgaards tweet after the game was interesting. Wasn't his usual "we go again" but more along the lines of being disappointed. It could be that he feels that ANOTHER midfielder is not where we need strengthening. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

What ain't right is:

This. It's as if all our troubles will miraculously go away as soon as the "big two" step on the pitch again. And it's not like we are shipping in goals left right and centre. Yes, a recent average of 2 a game isnt good but we are hardly pulling up trees at the other end. 2 shots on target tonight - that's not going to win you many games.
  • Options
    Ugly game in horrible conditions. We fought hard and matched them for most of it. It could have gone our way but a couple of stupid mistakes put it beyond us. Disappointing? Certainly. In need of a judicial enquiry? Probably not.