Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Peterborough v Charlton Athletic | Tue 19 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    Shocking as once again we lose points from a winning position. This team is set up wrongly time and time again. One action points to poor management as its clear that Maartson needs a rest as this us shown that after we went behind 6 out of 7 of his throw ins went to a Peterborough head. It's not just to single him out as clearly we was not helped by 2 errors but all over the pitch we make simple ....yes simple errors. These players are put out to play and set up by Bowyer and it's not working. We can all point to injuries and suspension but changes to the team are now taking place during the game that are having an impact.

We lost this game to poor game management and selection of players.

The squad we have is the squad we have now and I want Bows to succeed but bring in some tactical help
  • Options
    Aneke had a shot saved. Now I am off to bed!
  • Options
    Disappointing, but thought we were worth a point. We just have to kick on.
  • Options
    So in this thread we have people moaning about Pearce playing when all the moaning before was about players being played in the wrong positions. There’s people moaning about Gunter existing at all even though he would have been the one to play there instead of Pearce. We have people moaning about bringing two strikers on when we’re winning when previous moaning was about being too defensive too early on. We have people moaning that the manager is shit because experienced players made individual errors to gift goals. There’s weeping about the league being rubbish, the players being rubbish, the football being rubbish. Have we always had this much wailing when we lose a match or hit bad form or have ‘fans’ just got worse?
    You're right, but it's just because everyone's sitting at home with nothing else to do, and many people are just generally fed up.

• Options
    In my opinion Bowyer had set the team up fine in the matches against Rovers and Peterborough.

In several matches before that he didn't.
    Smyth at RWB and Matthews at LB just two strange decisions.

Basic error for Peterborough's first goal.
    One Centre back go for the ball while the other drops off and goes to mark the other attacker.  You learn that as soon as you start playing 11 a side on the bigger pitches at 10/11 years old.

The Route one long ball can still be dangerous especially in League 1 and below.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No point in wasting time with Omar Gawd, when we have Chucks and Ronnie.
    We can't defend, so we need to get goals.
    It's Groundhog Day every game.

Start Chucks and Johnnie - get the game won, then tinker if you must.
  • Options
    I think with recent performances Thomas might be concerned at giving bowyer money for signings (from hes perspective)

But Bowyer has put that out there. Been interesting to find out more.
  • Options
    Without the previous shysters in charge, we'd have bought Clarke-Harris in January. If not then, the summer just gone.

He plays for our opponent tonight and sets up two goals.

People pretending that the likes of Omar Bogle (sorry Omar) were Bowyer's top choices to fill out a desperately fragile squad are kidding themselves.
    But we didn't loose that game because Bogle played for us and Clarke-Harris for them.

Our summer recruitment was done under far from ideal circumstances but to claim we ended up with "the dregs" is wrong.  If they were so unwanted by other clubs why the hell are we paying them so much money? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Frankly, has Pearce ever been THAT good?

He’s been with us a few years and I’ve never been completely sold on him. Very average mid table League One level centre back. 
    In the 4 seasons he has been there I don't think he has been in our best 2 center halves the whole time. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Frankly, has Pearce ever been THAT good?

He’s been with us a few years and I’ve never been completely sold on him. Very average mid table League One level centre back. 
    I think he was a decent L1 centre back, Championship was probably his ceiling (and maybe not even that). He’s now a past it L1 centre back, it’s brutal to say that but it’s true. Been a good servant and deserves respect but we need to bring in another CB urgently. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Where was the shape in the 2nd half? Looked like Bowyer sent subs out without any instructions for them or the rest of the team on the pitch.

The rest of league are going pull away soon and we spend the rest of the season wondering if we are touching distance of 6th.

But its ok, the bowyer in brigade have their win at Bristol Rovers. Good for them.
    Your name doesn’t come as a surprise
    Thanks. Top reply
    Only thing they can come back at you with mate coz they know you’re right. 

Touched a nerve fella? 
    Not at all but yours were touched when you gallantly jumped your poor mates defence after someone...wait for it...dared question his opinion.....the cheek of some people.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    knew we'd lose when i saw the starting line up - that is all 
    You are genius! You also think Washington is shit who worked his socks off tonight! Get out of your own arse! 
  • Options
    We are so SOFT!
  • Options
    Poor old Bows. I have to say,I watched the pre match interview and he already had the look of a beaten man.

Something still ain't right.
  • Options
    Poor old Bows. I have to say,I watched the pre match interview and he already had the look of a beaten man.

Gotta agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know who the player was Bowyer wanted to bring in? Apologies if it’s been mentioned anywhere else.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    hawksmoor said:
    Anyone know who the player was Bowyer wanted to bring in? Apologies if it’s been mentioned anywhere else.
    Randall Exeter? https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-have-multiple-bids-for-exeter-citys-joel-randall-turned-down/ Or the lad Ofoborh from Bournemouth.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

What ain't right is:
    We haven't got the two CB who helped us achieve 7 clean sheets and Bowyer, like me and I assume others didn't think we would stop them scoring at least one goal.
    What was disappointing is, the Posh didn't have a sniff of a goal 1st half.

Another two gifts cost us.

Who is Lee digging out with his remark we didn't move quick enough to bring someone in ?

Lee is all inclusive when looking for targets.
    Thomas Sandgaard or Steve Gallen ?

This won't end well.
  • Options
    At work till 11 so missed the match but this is now on Sky Sports if anyone else has missed the pleasure. Absolutely poor for the first goal.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12192973/peterborough-2-1-charlton
  • Options

What ain't right is:
    We haven't got the two CB who helped us achieve 7 clean sheets and Bowyer, like me and I assume others didn't think we would stop them scoring at least one goal.

Who is Lee digging out with his remark we didn't move quick enough to bring someone in ?

Who is responsible for bringing players in?
  • Options
    Is Bowyer slagging off Ged? Or Gallen? Or Sandgaard?
  • Options

What ain't right is:

Why you do think he is digging anyone out? Who is he digging out? I assume he was talking about our two centre halves who failed to communicate properly and a slip not being good enough.
    I think Bows is admitting the management team were not quick enough or vocal enough in identifying who we need.
    I don’t think digging out is an appropriate term.
    He has identified an area that needs improvement. I agree with him.