Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Even when we win people seem to find a way to moan. Great 3 points
    In all fairness we were outplayed for the final 60 minutes and didn’t look like we had any hope of scoring.
    We didnt need to
  • Options
    All been said, terrific performance .. I had serious doubts over Millar's signing, SO pleased to be proven wrong .. 4 4 2 is the way to go, nothing fancy .. good to see Purry back in the side .. we still need a central defender though 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    "looking forward to Portsmouth Scottie"

Schwartz must be loving this! The weight of his through ball was excellent. Hope he gets to play up top a lot more, than out wide but he did a job for the team.
  • Options
    I'll keep it brief.

Defended well. Pratley a rock.

Fail to keep Andrew Shinnie fit and this team won't win many football matches.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    Sounds like we weren''t in it for large chunks of the match but had chances first match?  Did we change to 5-3-2 second half?
    I thought it looked like a 3-4-3 

Amos 
    Gunter - Oshilaja - Purrington
    Matthews - Pratley - F.Caskey - Millar
    Schwartz - Morgan - Aneke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Horrible but the game plan worked from the first minute to the last. Good win and a clean sheet at last.

Pratley was immense 
    Please god that second half wasn’t in the game plan. That was poor, it was like a different team to first half.  HOWEVER, I will take the three points and sod the second half. But, it worries me that 45 minutes is in us. 
  • Options
    Bowyer on VP

“I’m delighted. The way we started we were on front foot. They move the ball well”
    ”today our shape was excellent. We didn’t give too much away. Won balls in good areas”
    ”we should have scored more”
    ”very happy to take away 3 points from here”
    ”first goal is massive in any game. We haven’t lost many when we score first”
    ”worthy of first goal. Could have had 1 or 2 more.”
    “We were solid”
    ”Millar was outstanding defending at the end. Way out of his comfort zone. Really pleased with him”
    Continued:

”affect us mentally when we concede sloppy goals”
    ”Can feel the difference now in changing room. Forget the three points. Clean sheet was needed”
    ”Again we’re picky with new signings. Only if they’ll improve our squad.”
    ”Man to man we were outstanding tonight. Pratley was excellent against Fraser”
    ”The aim is automatic. But we’re realists. After being under embargo. We’re in a good position but a long way to go”
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Even when we win people seem to find a way to moan. Great 3 points
    In all fairness we were outplayed for the final 60 minutes and didn’t look like we had any hope of scoring.
    We didnt need to
    Yes we do, seen too many games where we’ve conceded late. Easy to say we didn’t need to when the game is over. 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We have come back from 3-1 down against the team in 18th, 2 down against the team in 23rd, and beaten the teams in 16th and 19th 1-0 away and people honestly think that's good and gutsy? 
    Can you actually give it a rest please.
    Why do you think that's anything to brag about? 
    About time we had mediocre performance and got 3 points.

I’ll take that over playing well and then losing out to individual defensive errors 
    In fairness it was a mediocre 35 minutes. 

Once Washington went off and we pushed Shinnie into the CF role and Schwartz to RW we were completely unbalanced. A managerial decision that didn't work. 

We got the win though so Hurrah to the haddocks. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    "looking forward to Portsmouth Scottie"

Schwartz must be loving this! The weight of his through ball was excellent. Hope he gets to play up top a lot more, than out wide but he did a job for the team.
    Something I've noticed is when he receives the ball his composure in picking the right pass when he recieves  is one of his best attributes 
  • Options
    Not pretty but 3 points is 3 points no matter how you achieve it on to Saturday onwards and upwards we just have to keep The Marquis of Portsmouth in check and we'll be fine.
  • Options
    Very pleased to win, such a battling performance. They just did not give up and deserved the three points. Well done team - so hope this is the start of a good run. Pratley my MOM, did not stop!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Horrible but the game plan worked from the first minute to the last. Good win and a clean sheet at last.

Pratley was immense 
    Please god that second half wasn’t in the game plan. That was poor, it was like a different team to first half.  HOWEVER, I will take the three points and sod the second half. But, it worries me that 45 minutes is in us. 
    Don't MK Dons have the stats for highest possession in the league or there abouts. It's often going to be like that against them, especially when you begin to tire slightly.

For all their possession much of it was that new young CB running into trouble. Probably because he never really had Fraser an option breaking between the lines. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We have come back from 3-1 down against the team in 18th, 2 down against the team in 23rd, and beaten the teams in 16th and 19th 1-0 away and people honestly think that's good and gutsy? 
    Can you actually give it a rest please.
    Why do you think that's anything to brag about? 
    It isnt but you sound disappointed we won...

Like Bowyer is saying, it just gives the players and everyone a lift
    It's a building block and whilst Bowyer tactically still made very weird decisions (Shinnie and Morgan to CF while Schwartz to RW?) We won, let's enjoy that now and pull apart the details tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Good performances all round. Pratley superb with Fraser and that was important of course.
  • Options
    Relieved and pleased to win. I hope this gives us the confidence to really kick-on now. Second half was hard to watch but credit to the team for holding firm.
  • Options
    Win. Clean sheet. Onwards and upwards eh! A nice little run now starting with a win at home to Portsmouth