Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    I very much doubt that the MKDons salary bill is much less than ours. Certainly not £1.25m less!
    In their last accounts there total wage bill, including taxes, was a tad under 5 million.

And as everyone keeps saying they did all there business before the wage cap came in so I would suggest that is a fair number. 

Our last league 1 wage bill was about 10 million quid, of which Gallen suggests the players wages are, in total about 2-3 million less.

So maybe not double but certainly significantly more.  And it was actually more than double last time we were in league 1.
  • Options
    Three points, clean sheet but we aint clicking and we ain’t turned any corner. Unconvincing 
  • Options
    Terrific team performance and away win, with a clean sheet to boot.
    Thought our press worked well and we played some good football at times and got the goal we deserved.
    Second half we made it hard for ourselves by not keeping hold of the ball better, but defended stoutly.
    I'd like to think we will keep possession much better as belief and confidence grows.
    Millar outstanding for a young lad still learning his trade and a qualitative step up from Doughty.
    Anybody who gives Pratters less than 7 in the match stats is gonna get a smack  ;)
  • Options
    We'll never control possession or the tempo with Pratley in the middle of the park. There must be an alternative option of someone energetic who can also play..? :/  
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Happy with that, though the 2nd half felt like hard work. What have I learned? 
    Millar is going to be a top player, MOM for me.
    Just because there are some things Pratley isn't good at, doesn't mean there aren't others that he is. Excellent today
    we missed Washington's energy when he went off. He may not be a natural goal scorer but he does work hard.
    Shinnie is really quite good at this level, Morgan has some really good games, but he's not at Shinnie's level yet. 
    We defended as a team, got a bit lucky, but we were due some. Everyone played their part, Deji was again the most assured of the defence. 
    Off to put some ointment on what's left of my nails

Agree with that, and thank god you said the ointment was for your nails!!!😂
  • Options
    We'll never control possession or the tempo with Pratley in the middle of the park. There must be an alternative option of someone energetic who can also play..? :/  
    Could well be the player that Bowyer and Gallen are trying to find at the moment as wasnt Ofoborh that type?

Could argue on this showing that we've been calling out for a CB but the defence itself did well tonight, it just needs decent protection
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How did Purrington do?
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Out of interest Callum what does this chart show as I do not have a clue?
    It's all the shot locations from the game and the larger the area of the shape, the more chance it had of going in. I'm still trying to work out how the varying shapes are allocated but I'm guessing it's along the lines of header/shot/set-piece etc. The one with the yellow arrow going into the net is the goal.

MK Dons 0.56 - Charlton 0.88 is the expected goals final score according to @xG_mapper 's model.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some good, some bad. More good than bad first half, more bad than good second half. On the balance of play in the two games you'd say we should have won on Saturday and drawn tonight, but it ended up the other way around. That's football for you. Overall, the points were more important than performance tonight and it hopefully gives us something to build on, and things do feel like they are moving in the right direction again.
  • Options
    Encouraging that Pratley was excellent tonight as he has been poor all season and his drop off in pace has hurt us.  To be fair, he has mostly played out of position though.
  • Options
    Did you actually watch the game?
    Pratley had one job tonight, to stop Scott Fraser. 
    He succeeded and besides succeeding in his main job he also had time to help out in other areas.

Agreed. I’ve not always been a fan of pratley playing this season but there are games he comes in and does a job and he did it so well tonight. Credit to bowyer for coming up with it and pratley for following it perfectly. 
  • Options

Out of interest Callum what does this chart show as I do not have a clue?
    It's all the shot locations from the game and the larger the area of the shape, the more chance it had of going in. I'm still trying to work out how the varying shapes are allocated but I'm guessing it's along the lines of header/shot/set-piece etc. The one with the yellow arrow going into the net is the goal.

MK Dons 0.56 - Charlton 0.88 is the expected goals score according to xG_mapper's model.
    Thanks but................if the yellow arrow is the actual goal why are there 2 x larger shapes, your break down means the circle over the pen spot and the hex near the six yard box had more chance of going in than the goal itself??? 
  • Options
    It’s three points closer to getting out of this dog shit league so I’m happy. 
  • Options
    If we want to consistently outplay teams and win loads of games we will need to do more than stop the opposition from playing, but a Pratley destruction special does at least guarantee that neither team will create much 
  • Options
    All been said, terrific performance .. I had serious doubts over Millar's signing, SO pleased to be proven wrong .. 4 4 2 is the way to go, nothing fancy .. good to see Purry back in the side .. we still need a central defender though 
    I thought we played 4-4-2 but the commentators said it was a diamond 
    Greg said it was 4-5-1 and then went on to explain how it was 4-3-3...
  • Options
    Did you actually watch the game?
    Pratley had one job tonight, to stop Scott Fraser. 
    He succeeded and besides succeeding in his main job he also had time to help out in other areas.

Did you actually watch the game tonight?
    I'm sorry, but at this level of professional football you should be able to do more than 'stop' someone playing. We'll never reach the top if these are the types of players we want. 

His inclusion in the team invites pressure.. it doesn't alleviate it. 
    We are a league 1 team mate...chill out.

His inclusion frees up things for the creative players whilst he does the dirty work. 
    Tbf, there wasn't much creating going on