Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    Davo55 said:
    Ronnie Schwartz is a very good finisher but his contribution to team play needs some work.
    I would say the team’s contribution to him needs to be better, the bloke hasn’t had a chance to get in games!!.
    Also he almost scored very early on the other day. We're not used to playing the ball into a finisher, we've become accustomed to lumping it long. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We have come back from 3-1 down against the team in 18th, 2 down against the team in 23rd, and beaten the teams in 16th and 19th 1-0 away and people honestly think that's good and gutsy? 
    Can you actually give it a rest please.
    Why do you think that's anything to brag about? 
    It isnt but you sound disappointed we won...

Like Bowyer is saying, it just gives the players and everyone a lift
    It's a building block and whilst Bowyer tactically still made very weird decisions (Shinnie and Morgan to CF while Schwartz to RW?) We won, let's enjoy that now and pull apart the details tomorrow. 
    This is just it... Imagine the melt down on here if Bowyer had come out just now and said that the players needed to stop and realise it was only Milton Keynes that we'd beaten - We bloody needed something, anything to build from
  • Options
    Well done Bows and the lads.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We have come back from 3-1 down against the team in 18th, 2 down against the team in 23rd, and beaten the teams in 16th and 19th 1-0 away and people honestly think that's good and gutsy? 

No of course I am pleased we won.  But saying MK Dons are a decent side for this level or saying we struggled against worse is damming with fair praise.  They aren't.  They are 16th for a reason. To paraphrase Tony Mowbray "we should be beating teams like that".

Like I said after the last few games, there are signs since the last hour against Rochdale that a corner is being turned but we still aren't putting together a good 90 minutes, let alone a string of games.

4 points is the absolute minimum we should have got out of those last 2 games isn't it? 
    Well my first two words in my last post confirm that... I agree its nothing to shout home about

But at the same time every win isnt going to be a performance at the standard from Saturday when we bloody deserved all three points - Its the strange way that Football works, yet with Portsmouth on their way I'm glad the defence have a bit of confidence from tonight to build upon, the issue was never about scoring goals, it hasnt been the case all season, provided we get chances to attack on Saturday there is a good chance we'll score

Up until tonight, we've shown too easily that the opposition can do that themselves
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Pratley had a great game.  Not only kept Fraser quiet all the way through but had Jackson in his pocket too according to Curbs.
    I think Pratley has proved himself why we should never see him at cb again!!. Did really well today just slightly behind millar for Motm.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The vote of the Judges are coming in for Milton Keynes 

That may emulate Torvile and Dean.

Fantastic artistic impression by MK Dons.

Thank fuck it's Football and its how many times you put the ball in the net.

Ugly Charlton get the 3 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was disappointed that when we looked to attack first half hour we looked like scoring every attack. The next hour we didn’t really look to do anything and allowed them to control the game. 

But Bowyers gameplan was spot on. Gunter had a decent game at CB, Deji very good again and generally we looked solid. Pratley man of the match for me, only thing he did wrong all night was when he should have shot first half. Millar a constant thread and the strikers led the line working hard. 

Generally like Bristol Rovers not an outstanding display just a solid team effort. If we can get Famewo fit I think we could go on a run. February a huge month as I genuinely feel we can win all those matches and close the gap on the top 2 to a point or two. 
  • Options
    Lovely stuff. 

Well done Miller, Pratley and Bowyer. 
  • Options
    Solid performance and good 3 points away from home.

it seems that when we play entertaining football we loose or draw, when we are boring we win, funny old game.
  • Options
    Decent win away.  We made it hard for ourselves second half but no surprise we dropped off given the run we have been on.  We have bemoaned our luck of late but today they hit the post and bar and Amos made a great save plus Millar's excellent defending near the end.  You make your own luck and we earned that tonight.

7 points from 4 games, if we can find a way to beat Pompey and can bring another player or two in and have Innis, Famewo and Maddison return we have half a chance of play offs but we need to go on a run.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    About time we had mediocre performance and got 3 points.

I’ll take that over playing well and then losing out to individual defensive errors 
    In fairness it was a mediocre 35 minutes. 

Once Washington went off and we pushed Shinnie into the CF role and Schwartz to RW we were completely unbalanced. A managerial decision that didn't work. 

We got the win though so Hurrah to the haddocks. 
    True, but his hand forced to make that decision? 

I’m a big advocate of Washington and his pressure/getting in behind defenders. Don’t think we have many others like it.

which is why I can’t understand people being flakey on him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like to make us sweat don't they..?
  • Options
    Good win but rode our luck big time in the second half - although I reckon that’s about our fragile confidence having conceded goals galore. Reckon that win and clean sheet could be a turning point. Pompey on Sat will be huge. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Millar was immense. MOTM. He is going to be some player
    Didn't expect him to talk like that! 

Visually he looks every inch the cheeky scouse chappie.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No of course I am pleased we won.  But saying MK Dons are a decent side for this level or saying we struggled against worse is damming with fair praise.  They aren't.  They are 16th for a reason. To paraphrase Tony Mowbray "we should be beating teams like that".

Like I said after the last few games, there are signs since the last hour against Rochdale that a corner is being turned but we still aren't putting together a good 90 minutes, let alone a string of games.

4 points is the absolute minimum we should have got out of those last 2 games isn't it? 
    16th yet in a bit of form, certainly better than ours. 

Since we last played (Most recent first) 
    MKD WLWWLDDLW 14/27pts 1.55ppg
    CAFC DLWDLLDDWDL 11/33pts 1ppg
  • Options
    Best defensive performance in a very long time. Millar outstanding . Midfield did brilliantly also
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Jayajosh said:
    Jayajosh said:
    Even when we win people seem to find a way to moan. Great 3 points
    In all fairness we were outplayed for the final 60 minutes and didn’t look like we had any hope of scoring.
    We didnt need to
    Yes we do, seen too many games where we’ve conceded late. Easy to say we didn’t need to when the game is over. 
    Haha so many people on here and bloody remarkable!! - I've defended Bowyer for weeks saying that fans have the beauty of hindsight when they say his team selections dont win, only to be shouted down constantly that its a lousy point to bring up

So dont even think about using the argument of hindsight against me!!
    I don't think you quite understand how this works.

If we lose it's because of Bowyer and his tactics. If we win it's despite Bowyer and his tactics. 

Them's the rules.
    Those people go and hide until the next loss...

Yes, I do think we will lose another game this season, but I don’t intend to cry about it