Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Let's see if he plays the players in their correct position.
    Will be interesting to see what team he puts out. I’m fancy Schwartz, DJ and Shinnie to all start. 
    Will he break up our dynamic midfield pairing of Wats and Prats?
  • Options
    I can see him reverting to a standard 4-4-2. The question will then be does he go with 2 wingers (Millar+DJ) or does he play Morgan or A.N.Other in one of the wide positions
  • Options
    I can see him reverting to a standard 4-4-2. The question will then be does he go with 2 wingers (Millar+DJ) or does he play Morgan or A.N.Other in one of the wide positions
    We've been playing a standard 4-4-2 on and off all season. 15/35 times. 
  • Options
    What number will he wear?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Will be interesting to see what team he puts out. I’m fancy Schwartz, DJ and Shinnie to all start. 
    That’s the defence sorted, who will play up front.
    I’d go with Bob Bolder and Chris Solly.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    It would be a massive risk to give the full-time position to a first-time manager. As much as he is a legend, I can't say I'm keen for it to be JJ. 
    so risky the last 3 times we've given it to first time managers has been a success. 
  • Options
    Think he has more qualification that Bows. I may be wrong? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    iaitch said:
    Wasn't he a LB that played at LM and CM?
     No it was the other way round. He was a CM / LM who played at Left Back in his initial loan spell. 
  • Options
    I think he'll change it up a bit and surprise a few
    Johnnie is an intelligent bloke, he would have been watching and learning from Powell, Robbo and Bowyer. 

He's quite fortunate that we are in a bit of form when he gets his chance to manage us, 8 points in 12 is okay form. If he sorts out the central middle position (Not playing Pratley/Watson together) and gets up creating chances then I think he will do fine until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    It would be a massive risk to give the full-time position to a first-time manager. As much as he is a legend, I can't say I'm keen for it to be JJ. 
    so risky the last 3 times we've given it to first time managers has been a success. 
    Not long term for two of them, it hasn't. 
  • Options
    Happy for JJ to take a caretaker role but will TS let him?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think we'll see a host of changes, possibly of formation and players - hard to predict, excited to watch!

JOHNNIE JACKSONS RED + WHITE ARMY
  • Options
    Good Luck tomorrow Jacko.

I think you will be the most London of Londoners to have ever managed our London club.
    When distances to London are measured I believe it is to Charing Cross, you're a Covent Garden born boy, almost just one of your well flighted free kicks away from Charing Cross.

(I wonder which manager we've ever had born the furthest away from the Valley...Eddie Firmani?)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Those two never got the proper backing to stabilise the club at the next level. You’d like to think TS would buck that trend and give the manager who gets us promoted the support they need.
  • Options
    I reckon a 433 or 4231 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I agree. I love him, and maybe he'll win every game from now on and earn it, but I would be surprised if Sandgaard's first big appointment was Johnnie Jackson. I think a bit more experience might be good, but then our two most successful managers of the past few years had no management experience at all when we hired them and it went ok. Might be weird to see him in a suit mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Those two never got the proper backing to stabilise the club at the next level. You’d like to think TS would buck that trend and give the manager who gets us promoted the support they need.
    I don't disagree, but we have to remember Sandgaard isn't mega rich, he may expect the squad we build in Summer to survive the next season in the Championship, then push on the following year. 

I guess we know what Sandgaard wants, but not how he expects to achieve it. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I think you will be the most London of Londoners to have ever managed our London club.
    When distances to London are measured I believe it is to Charing Cross, you're a Covent Garden born boy, almost just one of your well flighted free kicks away from Charing Cross.

(I wonder which manager we've ever had born the furthest away from the Valley...Eddie Firmani?)
    Unless he was a home birth I don't know of any Covent Garden hospitals 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    iaitch said:
    Wasn't he a LB that played at LM and CM?
    He was a midfielder who could cover left back.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Give the job to Jacko. Intelligent geezer who’s a good man manager. Knows the game and the club inside out. Fantastic role model who just talks sense.
    Has more experience than Nathan Jones at the time he got the Luton job and he’s not done too bad eh?
    Obviously has the fans behind him.
    #GiveittoJacko
  • Options
    His legs have gone...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Back of a taxi?
  • Options
    Love JJ but I want a clean sweep, someone new with fresh ideas. Shake it up and hopefully get the “new manager bounce”
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

Back of a taxi?
    Home birth?
  • Options
    To be honest even when listening to Jackson speak on the radio and in interviews it doesn't scream to me future successful manager. 

I'm sure he's a great guy. Not sure if he's got a wealth of ideas in how to run a successful football club. 

Usually players are influenced by the managers they've worked under. Not sure Jackson has had the best luck in that regard either.