Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson

Comments

• Options
    Last time I spoke to Jackson (sober) was May 2019 before Rochdale game he dropped off his signed match worn ‘back to The Valley ‘ anniversary shirt  round my house that he’d auctioned to raise dough when he was running the marathon .
    I said to him you’ll take over and be manager when Bowyer goes . He looked at me quizzically, well here we are sonny ! 
    So if the away support for the rest of the season is crap it’s your fault...
    Twas ever thus 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Some of you make it seem like a manager is controlling the players like you would in fifa. In my opinion a manager needs to be able motivate and put players in the right positions and they will do the rest. Its not rocket science although Bowyer made it seem like but i think in the end it was down to poor man management.

The calibre of player will be then what determines where you end. Its why “top managers” like Klopp and Guardiola will never manage a team with average players like Aston Villa/ Southampton/ Palace ect.
  • Options
    Is Jacko too "nice" to be a manager. Can't wait to see his team for tonight as man management is an art and I think we will soon learn whether he has the support of the players. 
  • Options
    Not sure which jacko you were watching when he was playing to think he's "too nice", i distinctly remember him grabbing and throwing callum harriott away from the referee when were losing against sheff utd in the fa cup quarters.
  • Options
    Not sure which jacko you were watching when he was playing to think he's "too nice", i distinctly remember him grabbing and throwing callum harriott away from the referee when were losing against sheff utd in the fa cup quarters.
    Happy to be proved wrong. 
  • Options
    Thanks for everything Jacko. 
    You are a true Charlton legend. 
    Love Jacko to bits. 
  • Options
    Doesn't want to move to Birmingham. Don't think it's nailed on hes leaving. Marshall the same , doesn't want to upsticks to the Midlands...
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Doesn't want to move to Birmingham. Don't think it's nailed on hes leaving. Marshall the same , doesn't want to upsticks to the Midlands...
    Am sure Marshall's decision is nothing to do with the fact he spent four years (although never played for them) at Aston Villa.

Also went on loan to Wolves (again never actually played) 
  • Options
    Am sure Marshall's decision is nothing to do with the fact he spent four years (although never played for them) at Aston Villa.

Also went on loan to Wolves (again never actually played) 
    Would guess he's happily settled where he is. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy he is staying.
  • Options
    Evening game; Norwich away. We're struggling, JJ scores. Happy journey home. He brings such a lot to the Club.
  • Options
    Interesting comments. TS suggesting JJ may be able to take the job on before Adkins’ is due to finish even. And Adkins suggesting JJ may join LB at a later date in Birmingham. Both seem odd to me. 
  • Options
    And to think, he arrived on an initial one month loan to cover at left back...
    Following an injury to Grant Basey no less.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Interesting comments. TS suggesting JJ may be able to take the job on before Adkins’ is due to finish even. And Adkins suggesting JJ may join LB at a later date in Birmingham. Both seem odd to me. 
    Indeed very strange. It's like letting the new manager know "you're only our short-term or transitional choice", "we've got your successor lined up and he's learning under you".... or maybe those words are only for the purpose of persuading JJ to stay? Giving him the hope that he'll become our manager in the not so distant future if he learns fast?

Must say if I were in JJ's position I'd also stay here, despite what TS has said above might be just "words". Going with Bowyer means he'll always be just a No.2 in the foreseeable future, not to mention having to move up to Birmingham. Stay, be loved and supported by the fans, learn from a more experienced manager and grab the chance of becoming No.1 when it comes in a few years' time. 

Edit: Just saw one post on the Adkins thread. Maybe JJ had seriously thought about going to Birmingham before deciding to stay here. I just wonder hypothetically what if Adkins decided to bring in his own assistant? What would possibly happen regarding JJ's position? Being forced out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you’re Adkins and have never worked with JJ before, while you’d want him around in the short term while you got to know the players etc, in the medium term you’d only have him around if you liked him and thought he was worth his job,

I think Sandgaard hoped when he bought the club that Bowyer would be the manager to push in and bring success on the pitch abs unite the club and fan base. Sadly not to be but having someone proper Charlton in the senior management , future manager, why not?
  • Options
    Good news for Johnnie and us short term but I think it does signal that unless the Charlton managers post unexpectedly becomes available that at some point not too far into the future JJ will rightly get his chance as number one elsewhere. What a servant he’s been for us. Long May he remain. Bit like Jase really. 
  • Options
    Pardon the ignorance, does this mean Johnnie is a fully qualified manager, and can manage at all levels?
  • Options
    Pardon the ignorance, does this mean Johnnie is a fully qualified manager, and can manage at all levels?
    The FA Level 5 (UEFA Pro) in Coaching Football is the highest professional game coaching course we offer and is designed to develop highly-skilled and aspiring leaders, managers and coaches capable of creating sustained success in football.
    https://thebootroom.thefa.com/learning/qualifications/fa-level-5-in-coaching-football-uefa-pro
  • Options
    As a matter of interest. What coaching qualifications does our Nige have ?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    According to this web site https://www.nigeladkins.com/ he has a UEFA A licence, which is one level below the Pro licence.  So, not good enough to manage in the Premier League. Come on Nigel, stop walking and get learning. Learning is brilliant.

Edited to add:  he also needs to update his website to show he's working for Charlton.  Keeping your web site up to date is also brilliant.
  • Options
    clive said:
    The FA Level 5 (UEFA Pro) in Coaching Football is the highest professional game coaching course we offer and is designed to develop highly-skilled and aspiring leaders, managers and coaches capable of creating sustained success in football.
    https://thebootroom.thefa.com/learning/qualifications/fa-level-5-in-coaching-football-uefa-pro
    Cheers Clive, so Johnnie to be managing us in the champions League in 5 years then!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    According to this web site https://www.nigeladkins.com/ he has a UEFA A licence, which is one level below the Pro licence.  So, not good enough to manage in the Premier League. Come on Nigel, stop walking and get learning. Learning is brilliant.

Edited to add:  he also needs to update his website to show he's working for Charlton.
    maybe that's the plan, Adkins guides us there but hands over to JJ in the summer of 2023...