Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps Bowyer will want to take Jackson with him?
  • Options
    He's not an inanimate object! Jackson will do what is best for himself. 
  • Options
    I can see him reverting to a standard 4-4-2. The question will then be does he go with 2 wingers (Millar+DJ) or does he play Morgan or A.N.Other in one of the wide positions
    No way he will go with 2 wingers & doubt there will be wholesale changes, just a couple of tweaks I reckon. 
  • Options
    If say the Cowleys took over, I'm not sure they'd need Jacko really, ditto a management "team" where the manager has coaches he brings with him. If it's a solo manager, he'd probably want to keep Jacko on
  • Options
    I have a feeling Harry Kewell may pitch up as his number 2 .
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Which I’m guessing will be financial. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I can see him reverting to a standard 4-4-2. The question will then be does he go with 2 wingers (Millar+DJ) or does he play Morgan or A.N.Other in one of the wide positions
    No way he will go with 2 wingers & doubt there will be wholesale changes, just a couple of tweaks I reckon. 
    Yeah, I reckon you're right.

With Bowyer leaving today, Jacko's had one turned on it's head day of training to prepare for tomorrow night's game.
    He'd need at least a full week of training sessions to try something different with players.

Maybe he'll want more energy and quick feet in CM though.
    And perhaps we'll see renewed enthusiasm from the players.

The players haven't seemed to be a happy bunch recently ...... let's see if they are raring to go tomorrow?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest even when listening to Jackson speak on the radio and in interviews it doesn't scream to me future successful manager. 

I'm sure he's a great guy. Not sure if he's got a wealth of ideas in how to run a successful football club. 

Usually players are influenced by the managers they've worked under. Not sure Jackson has had the best luck in that regard either. 
    Played under Hoddle and Sven I believe. 
  • Options
    To be honest even when listening to Jackson speak on the radio and in interviews it doesn't scream to me future successful manager. 

I'm sure he's a great guy. Not sure if he's got a wealth of ideas in how to run a successful football club. 

Usually players are influenced by the managers they've worked under. Not sure Jackson has had the best luck in that regard either. 
    Played under Hoddle and Sven I believe. 
    20 years ago. 

Sven wasn't manager either. 

He's learned more from Karl Robinson than those two. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    If JFC is fit I can see both Shinnie and him starting. Defence will most likely stay the same. There are quite a few ways we could go offensively. I'd like to see Stockley and Aneke together but Washington has done well recently and doesn't deserve to be dropped. 

The biggest difference may be better mindsets from the players.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Which I’m guessing will be financial. 
    That or a first team manager role. Let us not forget that he has 3 years experience as a deputy.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Good Luck tomorrow Jacko.

I think you will be the most London of Londoners to have ever managed our London club.
    When distances to London are measured I believe it is to Charing Cross, you're a Covent Garden born boy, almost just one of your well flighted free kicks away from Charing Cross.

(I wonder which manager we've ever had born the furthest away from the Valley...Eddie Firmani?)
    Unless he was a home birth I don't know of any Covent Garden hospitals 
    Charing Cross hospital used to be between The Strand and Covent Garden. Now a police station.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I think you will be the most London of Londoners to have ever managed our London club.
    When distances to London are measured I believe it is to Charing Cross, you're a Covent Garden born boy, almost just one of your well flighted free kicks away from Charing Cross.

(I wonder which manager we've ever had born the furthest away from the Valley...Eddie Firmani?)
    He’s was born in Camden and went to school there 
    Is there a hospital 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    seth plum said:

Is there a hospital
    I was born in University College Hospital in St. Pancras which includes Camden Town. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Is there a hospital 
    So he's not a Covent Garden boy then?
  • Options
    My view. He is not manager material.
    He can hardly coach a team to take throw ins and free kicks properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jackson was an extremely intelligent footballer, they tend to make very good managers (regardless of the ability they personally had to implement that intelligence).

I actually think he will go on to be a very good manager. Maybe not at the very highest level, but he'll have a good management career in my view as he has all the attributes including his interpersonal skills which are a big part (and were possibly one of Bowyers negatives).

It's probably too early for him here, he needs to go away for a couple of years and learn fully/make mistakes, of course he could learn on the job so to speak ala Curbishley, given time, but I'm not sure TS would be that patient.
  • Options
    Just thinking, it's been surprising how few interviews JJ has done as assistant about the game, approach, areas he focuses on. 

Look forward to seeing what his personality and style is at least.
  • Options
    I've heard that his legs have already gone.
  • Options
    No doubt they’ll be plenty on here giving him advice later.
  • Options

He wants to be a manager so I’d imagine he’s thought about it a lot and has plenty of ideas.

The question is are they’re any good and whether he can implement them.
  • Options
    If JJ is good enough I suspect we are about to find out. His actions did the talking when he was on the pitch and when necessary he stepped up even more. The time for action and stepping up off the pitch has come. The king is dead, long live the king ?
  • Options
    Last time I spoke to Jackson (sober) was May 2019 before Rochdale game he dropped off his signed match worn ‘back to The Valley ‘ anniversary shirt  round my house that he’d auctioned to raise dough when he was running the marathon .
    I said to him you’ll take over and be manager when Bowyer goes . He looked at me quizzically, well here we are sonny ! 
  • Options
    Last time I spoke to Jackson (sober) was May 2019 before Rochdale game he dropped off his signed match worn ‘back to The Valley ‘ anniversary shirt  round my house that he’d auctioned to raise dough when he was running the marathon .
    I said to him you’ll take over and be manager when Bowyer goes . He looked at me quizzically, well here we are sonny ! 
    So if the away support for the rest of the season is crap it’s your fault...