Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson

Comments

• Options
    As a matter of interest. What coaching qualifications does our Nige have ?
    Adkins is highly educated, with a sport psychology diploma, a business and finance diploma, a UEFA Pro coaching badge, a diploma in ‘applied management in professional football’ from Warwick Business School, and an honours degree in physiotherapy.
    https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8387296.nigel-adkins-appointed-as-southampton-football-club-manager/
  • Options
    Congrats JJ

• Options
    Not sure if walking football offer such accreditation but feel sure he will have passed with distinction if it does 😉
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    According to this web site https://www.nigeladkins.com/ he has a UEFA A licence, which is one level below the Pro licence.  So, not good enough to manage in the Premier League. Come on Nigel, stop walking and get learning. Learning is brilliant.

Edited to add:  he also needs to update his website to show he's working for Charlton.  Keeping your web site up to date is also brilliant.
    Are you the feller who used to be on the Fast Show?... Brilliant!
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    cafcfan said:
    According to this web site https://www.nigeladkins.com/ he has a UEFA A licence, which is one level below the Pro licence.  So, not good enough to manage in the Premier League. Come on Nigel, stop walking and get learning. Learning is brilliant.

Edited to add:  he also needs to update his website to show he's working for Charlton.  Keeping your web site up to date is also brilliant.
    Are you the feller who used to be on the Fast Show?... Brilliant!

• Options
    Make you 100% correct Lincsaddick, great comment!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a relief that JJ is now our proper manager after the ineffectual bumbling and burbling Adkins .. very soon he will be widely recognised as one of the best young(ish) managers in the country .. I am sure that Sandy will give him the resources and time to get Charlton back into, if not the 'big time', a successful and respected football club
    Lets hope so Lincs, I was in the "clean sweep" camp when Nigel was sacked however I know TS will have wanted to look internally and of course be prudent with his money so JJ was a natural choice.

I will not get carried away with the Sunderland result however if we can go on a mini run and start to look like a team again then JJ could look like a real find.
  • Options
    It was a great start that's for sure. I said before the Sunderland game that I wasnt really bothered by the result I wanted to see a change in performance, we definitely saw that in spades and the result was a bonus. Hopefully it wasnt a flash in the pan and we fail to follow that up with the same effort and performance on Saturday. If we can put a run together now then the season can be salvaged as we have seen any team can drop points in this league promotion is not out of the question imo
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    First game in charge and against a "big" team makes it (relatively) easy to get players fired up and compete. The real challenge is going to be getting that same commitment when the initial excitement wears off and we need it game after game, especially after maybe a disappointing result - which will happen eventually. 

Not to say that Jackson can't or won't be able of it but as weird as it sounds you could argue he's actually got much more challenging games coming up in some ways. 
  • Options
    Wimbledon got beat 5-2 after going 2 goals ahead. Gunter sent off..
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Big Josh 2 too.
  • Options
    Lasplie got one too
  • Options
    Two draws and a defeat, GD of -3 after 3 games, very early days and I presume they have business to conclude still but not the best of starts.

Hopefully he'll turn it around and pick up some wins soon, if he doesn't do well at Wimbledon then he might struggle to get more work sadly.
  • Options
    Yes, not the best start and let down by one his mates last night
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Drew 2-2 after being 2-0 up at the weekend as well.

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    First game in charge and against a "big" team makes it (relatively) easy to get players fired up and compete. The real challenge is going to be getting that same commitment when the initial excitement wears off and we need it game after game, especially after maybe a disappointing result - which will happen eventually. 

Not to say that Jackson can't or won't be able of it but as weird as it sounds you could argue he's actually got much more challenging games coming up in some ways. 
    Good take
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    At least Jacko’s 40th was on Monday and not last night. 
  • Options
    Whats this Judas Gunter at it again?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Redhenry said:
    Drew 2-2 after being 2-0 up at the weekend as well.

Charltonised already
  • Options
    Gunter sent off, Davidson scored two and Lapslie also scored...... 

Gunters a nightmare, sent off for retaliation - someone with his experience shouldn't be getting caught out like that.
  • Options
    Sandgaard made the correct decision. 
    At the time it was a brave but reasonable move by TS - as long as things got better for us in response or the proverbial really would've hit the fan.

Definitely seems that we upgraded big time (Sorry JJ - Love you)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Charlton v Cardiff at the Valley when JJ played and hopefully I have remembered correctly 🤔

Charlton two down we then went crazy and scored 5 before they score one or two late on and the game finished 5-3 or 5-4 to Cafc.

I believe they were higher in the table.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Two draws and a defeat, GD of -3 after 3 games, very early days and I presume they have business to conclude still but not the best of starts.

Hopefully he'll turn it around and pick up some wins soon, if he doesn't do well at Wimbledon then he might struggle to get more work sadly.

It's a long old season. Wouldn't write him off.