Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March | 6pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Tbf Bowyer had to replace Prately in the team so must have been a difficult decision on exactly which pack of cards he should throw up in the air.
  • Options

Bowyer: Come on lads, we can win this.

Our defence:

• Options
    Poor Curbs will have to comment on Bowyer's 7 changes without sounding too critical...
  • Options
    Last week was one of the worst performances in living memory and one of the lowest points in decades. And he should've kept the same team? Haaaa
  • Options
    Confused by Stockley being dropped.

Saddened that Bowyer doesn’t see Morgan as part of the solution in midfield. 
    You're not alone with both those thoughts.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think it was Deji. Bow was incredibly reluctant to play him originally before he got a run of games and IMO he was a massive reason for both of Blackpool’s first two goals. Conceding the pen and then not engaging the man on the edge of the box.
  • Options
    Blimey never seen the DW Stadium so full with those cardboard cutouts!!
  • Options
    I literally have no idea what Morgan has done apart from maybe tell Lee to fuck off because how he can't get a place in this squad based on recent performances is criminal.

• Options
    I see El Bow is using his new selection tool...

• Options
    Bonus question: how many subs will we make a half time today. I’m going to with just the 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Confused by Stockley being dropped.

Saddened that Bowyer doesn’t see Morgan as part of the solution in midfield. 
    You're not alone with both those thoughts.
    The OS say he has a “tightness”
  • Options
    Seriously think he's throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks, while waiting for his payoff.
  • Options
    Dropping stockley is absolutely baffling. 
    Think Bowyer wants the sack.
  • Options
    I thought Washington had done nothing to show he deserved a place in the team 
  • Options
    Curbs pointing out he’s only now hearing all about the players fun every week with Minto and guest!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    So who is the player Bowyer said wouldn’t play any more?
    Could be anyone of a good number of players...

Would say its between Oshilaja or Shinnie though, given the fact that both have been playing consistently of late - Although it could be Purrington seeing he's been dropped completely yet no goals were even close to be his fault on Saturday
    Don't think Bowyer likes Purrington anymore, for whatever reason. Would bet it's him.
  • Options
    This is going to be my favourite part of the evening - great to see Nelse again and the fellas reminiscing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dropping stockley is absolutely baffling. 
    I don’t disagree. I’m surprised too. I expected Stockley to start and Chuks off the bench.

But on the red card rescinded thread, everyone was making sarcastic comments about how it’ll be great to have Chuks available late when we’re already behind etc etc.

Now Bow’s picks him ahead of Stockley and the same people are onto him having a go at starting Chuks.

I expect people will have wanted the two big men up top but it’s clear Bowyer is either favouring the big man/little man combo OR we are playing one up top with Washington out wide.
  • Options
    David Whyte and Claus Jensen, two players that would return for pre-season well out of fitness. 

• Options
    David Whyte and Claus Jensen, two players that would return for pre-season well out of fitness. 

I wouldn't thought Jensen needed "fitness"......he just effortlessly glided over the turf.
  • Options
    The fact that Purrington and Morgan are not playing without explanation says all about the bad management.
  • Options
    LB is actually on a hiding to nothing tonight. We're playing the side that sits second bottom and that has the worst defence in the division. For him to be serious about us challenging for the play offs we have to beat them especially as we have 10 of the top 13 still to play in our remaining 14 games.
  • Options
    Maybe this combination of players will strike gold, you never know. 
    The midfield will be like strangers though. I’m not sure the four of them been on the pitch at the same time. Anyone else feel it all seems a bit random?

A win will keep our faint hopes of a playoff place alive, and might delay what feels like the inevitable, for a time. Win the next two and maybe the mood will change. Can’t see it though I’m afraid.
    I think I need a glass of red before this one. 
  • Options
    I think leaving out Stockley is the right move .. our style of play has changed to suit him but as ruined it for everyone around him .... need to get back to playing football on the floor instead of just hoofing it all the time 
  • Options
    LB is actually on a hiding to nothing tonight. We're playing the side that sits second bottom and that has the worst defence in the division. For him to be serious about us challenging for the play offs we have to beat them especially as we have 10 of the top 13 still to play in our remaining 14 games.
    If we can get a 5-0 win (or similar) you'd hope that he gets the plaudits he deserves for that type of win - A normal 1-0, 2-0 though thats to be expected with Wigan where they are, defeat and its the usual
  • Options
    Looks like Purrington and not Oshilaja was the nan he was talking about on Saturday .... 
  • Options
    edited March 2021