Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March | 6pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Why 6pm? Fuck the fans eh?
    More likely to save the fans.

You might be grateful come 8pm!!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It's because Wigan can't afford to have the floodlights on too long.

Or

Northerners don't go to work so can watch the match when most workers are on their commute home

Or

We want to finish & get started back home before the roadworks on the M1 mean a detour via the A1, Grantham & Cambridge.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    As much as it’s doom and gloom central around here lately, our away results have actually been very good this season (16 played, 8 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses, 5th best performing away side in the division) and it’s at the Valley where we have truly struggled to perform with four wins, four draws and seven losses.

If that away record starts going to pot away at 23rd placed Wigan then we’re truly in trouble between now and May. I won’t be predicting the score, that’s for sure.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    As much as it’s doom and gloom central around here lately, our away results have actually been very good this season (16 played, 8 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses, 5th best performing away side in the division) and it’s at the Valley where we have truly struggled to perform with four wins, four draws and seven losses.

If that away record starts going to pot away at 23rd placed Wigan then we’re truly in trouble between now and May. I won’t be predicting the score, that’s for sure.
    I wonder if pitch size plays any part? We've got an immobile team of dinosaurs but no doubt we've set the pitch quite big this season. Away from home they look quite compact.
  • Options
    "Let’s start with rewinding 12 months, 28th February 2020. Charlton were sitting in 20th in the Championship, only a single point behind Wigan and 2 points behind Hull. There were 10 games of the season left at that stage."

One of those 10 games was Reading, where a similarly incompetent performance from the referee/linesman did us no favours. Bit of deja-vu there...   

I simply think Bow needs to play his strongest team (injury/discipline permitting), every match. There may be some positions where he doesn't know his strongest (though he should by now), but we all know Stockley and Chuks are the best forwards, so play them.  Stop messing about with line ups and formations, let the opposition worry about us.  
  • Options
    We badly need a win to stop the moaning which is probably justified right now. Wigan could be just the team to play as their luck is terrible. I would like to say I feel for them but I don't. A club living beyond their means with a former rich owner. Dreadful home record if we score first we should win. 1-0 to the Addicks with Wigan showing where we could just as easily be right now.
  • Options
    Was  tempted to give Valley pass a miss tonight as the games are so depressing at the moment,but in the end I feel Thomas needs and appreciates the amount of people buying the games.
  • Options
    We badly need a win to stop the moaning which is probably justified right now. Wigan could be just the team to play as their luck is terrible. I would like to say I feel for them but I don't. A club living beyond their means with a former rich owner. Dreadful home record if we score first we should win. 1-0 to the Addicks with Wigan showing where we could just as easily be right now.
    That's torn it...  :D
  • Options
    Law of averages 
    decent footballers can’t be shit forever
    even managers who’ve lost the plot can have good days 

Wigan 1 Charlton 4 

Good away form continues , with similar away  numbers as normal in the stand the players feel comfortable with it 

please get us out of this excuse of a league , yes it’s appropriate with the amount of excuses some of our fans and manager have but it’s not for me thank you .

It is possible and must be the bookies line of thinking too, as we are still favourites to win... I keep thinking that 'surely Wigan can't be *that* shit?!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-0 to the Addicks - the day it all came good. A penalty, an own goal and all 3 shots on target going in. 
  • Options
    It's because Wigan can't afford to have the floodlights on too long.

Or

Northerners don't go to work so can watch the match when most workers are on their commute home

Or

We want to finish & get started back home before the roadworks on the M1 mean a detour via the A1, Grantham & Cambridge.
    It looks like it's at the request of Wigan as they played Hull at home midweek last month with a 5:30 KO and play Sunderland at home next month with a 6pm KO
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We should start doing a sweepstake £2 entry with a prediction of the team, could get quite high. In all fairness on this match its tough to call, again away we do better. We are playing a team near the bottom which we always seem to struggle, i will go for 1-2 Charlton win. 

I think i need help?!! predicting a charlton win at the moment. 
  • Options
    Rugby town. Two nil Charlton. 
  • Options
    knocking off early today to catch the stream at 5.15, so all fine with me
  • Options
    Dull 0-0 written all over it
    Dull!! I would take a point and a clean sheet.
  • Options
    I have a feeling our centre backs tonight will be Gunter and Pearce. 
  • Options
    Just bought my stream tonight... not entirely sure why we do it to ourselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this is the most fan friendly thing they’ve done..
  • Options
    I think this is the most fan friendly thing they’ve done..
    :lol:

It's a bit of a bugger seeing as that's bang on the kids 'Bath & Bed' routine. 
  • Options
    The great thing about tonight is the fact that with the game kicking off at 6.00pm, it will be over by 7.45pm.

If When we lose that will be an extra 2 hours for us to have a good old moan on here over a normal night match! 
  • Options
    The great thing about tonight is the fact that with the game kicking off at 6.00pm, it will be over by 7.45pm.

If When we lose that will be an extra 2 hours for us to have a good old moan on here over a normal night match! 
    Lovely to see more positivity coming out...

Knew Id get through to people eventually :D
  • Options
    Shall I or shall’t I buy this match on Valley Pass 🤔. Probably will end up buying as the only other option for an evening’s entertainment is talking to the missus and watching EastEnders. Thankfully the garden centre is closed at 6pm 
  • Options
    So which players shall we be missing?

We started this last game:

Reading between the lines of the pre & post match interviews against Blackpool, it seems Oshilaja and Shinnie have both cost us goals of late due to mistakes. Jaiyesimi has also been blamed a couple of times for goals conceded too. It was insinuated Washington was also not doing enough so I'm thinking he may be back on the bench. 

I expect Bowyer to go with this:

Amos
    Matthews | Gunter | Famewo | Maatsen
    Morgan | Watson | Smith | Millar
    Stockley | Schwartz
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    ·
    @skyscottminto, Alan Curbishley and @Nelse61 in the studio
    @S66Brown on co-commentary! Tonight's Valley Pass Live lineup is not to be missed! Get your streaming pass now: https://cafc.co.uk/valley-pass-purchase/welcome-to-valley-pass… #cafc