Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March | 6pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Can't really see xmas coming tomorrow night young man, but I can see a scrappy 1-1.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I would like to see Smith and Morgan in the same team, give Shinnie a rest...
    Agree with this, we need some legs in there and would even consider Maatsen with Purrington LB. Maybe a 5 man midfield with Millar as Watson will most likely be Pratley’s replacement 😒.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    With only Northampton and Rochdale in worse form than us over the last 6 (Donny matching our form), we could be out of running for the playoffs before we know it.

I am certain that without change, we'll be out of play off running by the end of this month.  We need to win this game, but won't. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Just noticed that Shinnie has 6 assists in the league so far this season. 7th best in the league overall. Fantastic record for a player who had a spell out injured and is playing in a failing team.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Just noticed that Shinnie has 6 assists in the league so far this season. 7th best in the league overall. Fantastic record for a player who had a spell out injured and is playing in a failing team.
    4 in the last 6 games (all to Stockley)
  • Options
    Just to fit in with not being a negative ninkenpoop before a ball is kicked I shall be lumping on a 3-0 away win. The Gunslinger with 3 touches. 3 goals.

Eieieio up da footy league we go.
  • Options
    We are the worst team in the league atm. We will struggle. 2-1 Wigan 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    no no, there are two worse teams on current form and one equal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OldRed51 said:
    Chunes said:
                          Amos
    Gunther  Famewo  Pearce  Purrington
                         Oshilaja
       Shinnie  Morgan   Smith    Millar
                        Stockley

I know that won't be played especially after Bowyer's comments. But it's what I'd play. Oshilaja played DM a few times last season and his lapses of concentration are less of a problem in midfield where there's time to recover. He's strong, he tries and he's not 35 (song for Oshilaja?) He can also drop back to form 5 at the back if need be.
    Oshilaja does make mistakes for sure but always shows commitment. A good idea to move out of defence into holding midfield. After Blackpool game I think personally anyone could be dropped from next match we'll just have to wait and see what LB does!
    I liked that team so would be happy with it.
    I would also consider Oshi for right back. We have been conceding so many goals from that right hand side - and from long before Oshi chipped in with a couple. Millar is naturally right footed so would move him to the right and play Maatsen left. We then have two players who do track back and can tackle. A young vibrant midfield with high energy who can all pass the ball and a striker who can finish.

Amos
    Oshi. Famewo. Pearce. Purrington 
    Millar  Shinnie Morgan Smith Maatsen
                       Stockley.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Let's keep playing players out of position... 

Oshilaja needs to be kept at CB alongside Famewo, they're our best fit CB pairing.  Pearce is too slow and cumbersome. Pratley and Gunter are not CB's. Partnerships don't build without consistency. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I would like to see Smith and Morgan in the same team, give Shinnie a rest...
    Amos,Gunter, Famewo, Oshilaja, Purrington
    Smith, Morgan, Shinnie and Millar, with Stockley and Schwartz up front.

Mix and match. Pass on the deck as well as finding the head of Stockley. 
    Get the ball to Schwartz on the ground in the box and he may be able to replicate his goal against Rochdale ? Or Dons ? 

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Sorry have I missed something..why is Deji looking like the one to be dropped? 

Apart from Stockley...no one is playing well and Deji has certainly been no worse than say Gunter, Pearce and even Maatsen who have all looked a bit shaky recently? 
    Bowyer said a player keeps making mistakes leading to goals and will be dropped, everyone assumes it is Oshilaja as he gave away a penalty. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Moo said:
    no no, there are two worse teams on current form and one equal. 
    Let’s see if the team can achieve hitting rock bottom tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sorry have I missed something..why is Deji looking like the one to be dropped? 

Apart from Stockley...no one is playing well and Deji has certainly been no worse than say Gunter, Pearce and even Maatsen who have all looked a bit shaky recently? 
    Bowyer said a player keeps making mistakes leading to goals and will be dropped, everyone assumes it is Oshilaja as he gave away a penalty. 
    I think Bowyer will be reflecting on the poor header across the 18 yard box for Gillingham’s first, the pen give away vs Blackpool, the lack of closing down for Blackpool’s 2nd and probably letting his man get away from him for Burton’s equaliser too. 

Lee or any other manager for that matter should he be replaced has a real problem this season as Pratley is not the player he was last season, no matter how hard he tries and Watson appears to be going through the motions. With no other recognised and sufficient quality CDM, we either change the way we set up or continue to expose the back four. If it is not Oshilaja (who is inconsistent) it will be another scapegoat. 

• Options
    I didn’t think it could get any worse after Burton. Thanks Charlton for proving me wrong again.

Unless this mythical run materialises (I have lost any faith it that happening) our season is over. Yes we are only five points off the play offs but we have a number of tough fixtures left and I can’t see is get much of anything from them.

We need to start planning for next season now so no Watson, Pratley, Pearce or Gunter for the remaining games. 

After where we were in early December this has been a wasted season. That second half performance against AFC is a distant memory. 

All I ask tomorrow is the players and management team show some pride and effort, which has been sadly lacking. 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Must be the third person at least who has said this. Presume just personal opinion. As form wise we’re not the worst, and unless you’re also watching 90 minutes of all the sides too, no way of knowing, apart from stats proving we’re not the worst at this time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I'm not watching any games until Bowyer's gone, I can't bear the utter shite being served up.
  • Options
    Without Thomas Sandgaard I suspect we'd be right down there with Wigan scrapping for survival both on and off the pitch. However  frustrating it is that this season is going wrong, we at least have a future with the new owner. That said, can't think tomorrow is a game for anything other than the utterly committed.
  • Options
    We’ll win this one. 
  • Options
    LB seems to be indicating that we need to grind out some wins - tomorrow night could just go to a whole new level although with deji and pratley out i guess we only have so many attackingly challenged players left in the squad - i expect to see gunter,pearce,famewo, purrington (assumning he isn't the one being dropped - so him or deji - although why he stayed on all game to be told the newsa t the end c ould mean its purrington but who knows), maatsen, matthews and watson in the team - 2 full backs sitting in front of the other 2 with watson sitting in front of the central defence - this could be defencemongous - a boreoff to end all boreoffs  
  • Options
    oh - and lets add washington into that - the most un attacking striker we have - ideally up front on his own to ensure he is a complete and utter passenger rather than just a passenger  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Get the ball into the box preferably to feet and Schwartz will put it in the net.
  • Options
    We go one down early and don’t recover (as usual). 
    1-0 defeat. 
  • Options
    I too think it was Oshilaja that Lee was referring to after, who has been responsible for a few gaffs ALWAYS, but hope Lee takes out most of the midfield in front of him too, who has equally offered little protection in front of the back 5.

He won’t do it, but I will stick by a 4-2-3-1 formation, keep it tight and pinch a goal in a 1-0 win.

Amos
    Gunter Famewo Pearce Purrington
    Forster-Caskey Smith
    Shinnie Morgan Millar
    Stockley

bench: Harness, Matthews, Maatsen, Schwartz, Washington, DJ, Vennings

Fixed it for you
  • Options
    Like to see a few more youngsters playing. If it's true that some of the seniors couldn't give a monkey's, then I see no problem in giving them a run out. They would certainly show more fight, unless LB scares the proverbial s**t out of them.
    Ignore this. LB would probably ruin their careers!!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-appeal-chuks-aneke-red-card-as-lee-bowyer-defends-darren-pratley/

Sorry Bowyer, dont agree with you on the Pratley comments

Would see your point if Darren doesnt get him by the throat but thats pretty damning