Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Athletic v Charlton Athletic | Tues 2 March | 6pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    chucks travelling up with the team - i guess that's probably known - Also - a very highly rated potential incoming midfield loan that i hinted about on the post match thread on Saturday but nobody picked up on - LB will thank me one day - i'll say no more 
  • Options
    for the avoidance of doubt - the loan will not be in time for Wigan 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    chucks travelling up with the team - i guess that's probably known - Also - a very highly rated potential incoming midfield loan that i hinted about on the post match thread on Saturday but nobody picked up on - LB will thank me one day - i'll say no more 
    A loan player is joining this week or in the summer you mean?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    before summer, should be this week unless parent club puts any spanners in the works  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-appeal-chuks-aneke-red-card-as-lee-bowyer-defends-darren-pratley/

Sorry Bowyer, dont agree with you on the Pratley comments

Would see your point if Darren doesnt get him by the throat but thats pretty damning
    I agree it's bollocks. But he used to stamp on player's heads, so he might be a bit of a hypocrit to call Pratters out on that one. 
  • Options
    player and players family want it to happen - watch this space 

• Options
    Can it happen though, being outside the transfer window?

Thats the only thing confusing me Doucher
  • Options
    Sorry, it's been a tough week-end and the usual spineless drivel could send me over the edge.
  • Options
    Amos
    Matthews, Barker, Famewo, Purrington 
    Morgan, Shinnie, Henry
    Jaiyesimi, Schwartz, Washington

Not in a million years will Bowyer pick this side just what I’d go with seen as the season is over, I’d only play the one loan player, a few kids and ones on longer term contracts.
  • Options
    Have zero expectations for us going forward and that our slump will continue with no end in sight.

0-2 away win...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    @Dazzler21 a very quick one for your list here!
  • Options
    I think Albie still has a lot to learn but Christ on a bike how he’s not getting at least into the squad is beyond my understanding. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    player and players family want it to happen - watch this space 

DOUCHER said:

From the Post Match Thread:
    DOUCHER said:
    my concerns are not about this season anymore - i worry we won't be able to attract the players we need for next year if we don't make a change - would you advise any promising young players to join charlton under this current football management? that is a sad thing to say but its true - if u knew a highly promising cdm playing for an elite premier league team's u23's, on the fringes of the first team but who is frustrated at only getting on 1st team bench, would you try and help him get a move to charlton atm under the current management? lets say he had offers from swansea and liverpool but being a local lad, wants to go to charlton, what would you advise / do atm? i'd hate him to get mixed up in bowyers madness bur would love him to be part of the re build thats for sure    

Guesses please....
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Ah so it's that his manager rates others above him for creativity in our midfield... 

Which talented creative midfielders do we have? 
    Jaiyesimi - Starter
    Smith - Squad player
    Morgan - Squad player
    Shinnie - Starter
    Millar - Starter

So it seems Smith is currently ahead of Morgan in Bowyer's mind. If they're competing then I understand it, but I see Morgan as being more creative than Smith for us so far. 
  • Options
    Can it happen though, being outside the transfer window?

Thats the only thing confusing me Doucher
    loan yes
  • Options
    Amos
    Matthews, Barker, Famewo, Purrington 
    Morgan, Shinnie, Henry
    Jaiyesimi, Schwartz, Washington

Not in a million years will Bowyer pick this side just what I’d go with seen as the season is over, I’d only play the one loan player, a few kids and ones on longer term contracts.
    Barker just finished playing after stepping up to under 23’s. Came on as a sub, as did Mingi who will be a more likely choice if needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    may be a way round it but if not then for next season 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    before summer, should be this week unless parent club puts any spanners in the works  
    I see what you've done here. Clearly a Millwall player incoming.

• Options
    i must learn the transfer rulers if i'm going to be a football agent  :) - definitely not from the spanners (i said elite)  although his current agent is an ex spanner 
  • Options
    Bound to be 'orrible then, probably head butt our players for woosing, make him Captain. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    The problem is that we built a squad for the diamond but we're not playing it. So now we only start two midfielders while we have them coming out of the arse. 

It is a shame for Morgan because he returned from lockdown fitter and having lost weight and he hasn't been given his chance. I can understand Shinnie keeping him out of the team, but not Smith. I'd rather we were developing our own youngster. 
  • Options
    Gunter in at centre half Matthews at full back. Watson starts in place of Pratley Millar off the front two, Shinne and Morgan the two in the diamond. 
  • Options
    Why do all our own decent young midfielders get sidelined and leave?
  • Options
    Better to go with experience if you want to get out of L1. Too risky to play Albie...
  • Options
    Better to go with experience if you want to get out of L1. Too risky to play Albie...
    Yeah just like it was too risky to play Aribo or Shelvey or Lookman. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah just like it was too risky to play Aribo or Shelvey or Lookman. 
    I think he was joking mate