Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• I think Bowyer knew he was getting the boot at the end of the season and jumped before pushed. 

His lack of tactical knowledge will get him found out. Unless he has experienced people around him at Birmingham I can't see it going well. 
  • Lee Bowyer resigns as Charlton Athletic manager

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1070929934?-11197:833
  • Be interested to know what Ged Roddys role in this whole situation . Is he the kingmaker .......
  • IR94 said:
    Not sure I would like JJ to get the role, meant to be our defensive coach, how many clean sheets this season?
    we need an experienced manager .. would not be surprised to see a European come in, though that wouldn't be my preference
    I’d put my money on it being a Dane if that’s the case
  • Sponsored links:

• I suppose Bowyer may have the argument that he was about to be sacked which forced him to resign. We don't know what has been said and done between Sandgaard, him and possibly Roddy. If Sandgaard has been generally supportive, he could take legal action. If he wanted to.

Maybe Sandgaard was aware of this and his win is not having to pay off Bowyer's contract.
  • It looks like Bowyer has joined Darren Moore in jumping ship from L1 to a Championship struggler. Personally I don't think it's a good move for either, as both Wednesday and Birmingham have major off field issues
  • masicat said:
    Leaving on the back of 2 wins and 2 draws. A win tomorrow night could have taken us into the top 6. New manager needs to reach the playoffs or else we will boo the fucker out when we get back.
    Oh don't be daft, that's totally counterproductive.
  • edited March 2021
    IR94 said:
    Not sure I would like JJ to get the role, meant to be our defensive coach, how many clean sheets this season?
    we need an experienced manager .. would not be surprised to see a European come in, though that wouldn't be my preference
    I’d put my money on it being a Dane if that’s the case
    are you in the frame for it ? ..  o:)B):D
  • edited March 2021
    Please don't put anyone with any Charlton affiliation in charge of the club. 

Get a manager with a strong tactical system and a shortlist of players ready to build the squad around. 

None of this JJ/Euell nonsense. Will end up getting found out again like Bowyer did. 
    I agree with this. I feel we need a fresh start, someone with a new ideas and a different perspective, someone who's not been in and around the club the last few years.
  • If he leaves us for Birmingham it may, finally, end the forlorn drama of all those naive Charlton fans who expect/hope for loyalty in football. It doesn’t exist. 
  •  ‘best for both parties’  
    Definitely 
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    11:30
    Rumour he's gone, think Birmingham. 
    12:32
    I’m hearing Bowyer has gone - said goodbye to players today at Sparrows
    Mine wasn’t a rumour though - although I could have worded it better 🤔
    Too late, @Dazzler21knows people.
    You can expect a visit, if you're wrong!! ;)

It’s ok - I’m in the clear - @Dazzler21 can call off the Driscoll brothers - phew 😳
  • edited March 2021
    The new manager or caretaker manager should and will get all the necessary support they need. I personally believe in the squad we have and wouldn't write off the season, but that can't be an expectation. Some similarities to when Bowyer took over, in terms of it being a no lose situation.

We were 5 points behind the play offs with 11 games to go then!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Sandgaard probably quite pleased the decision was taken out of his hands.
    Like I said yesterday... Now means he surely gets a settlement package from Birmingham rather than having to pay off Bowyer.

Unless of course Bowyer resigning means that Birmingham dont have to pay anything and he's screwed us over
    If anything Bowyer resigning means he has broken the contract early, I assume we chose to have assurances to protect us just as Lee did. 
    Well, you'd think that, but remember who it was that negotiated the contract with him...
  • Feels like it's the right time for this to happen. I'll be forever grateful for everything Bows did for us, especially the day at Wembley.

If it was up to me we'd get the Cowley's or Jason Euell in as our next manager.

Cheers Bows ❤️
  • Pete O’Rourke now saying Bowyer more likely to go Pompey
  • Curbs til the end of the season and reevaluate
  • Really sad that Lee will leave having not properly heard the fans give him an ovation for holding things together until Sandgaard came in. Things might not have gone brilliantly on the pitch since then, but he deserved to walk out in front of a packed Valley and feel the gratitude of Charlton fans for keeping us alive in a horrible period. Hopefully one day we'll go up against him and he can get his due thanks, like Powell did when Huddersfield came round.
    You'll get the chance next season.
  • edited March 2021
    If true, hopefully this isn't a 'be careful what you wish' for moment.
  • Really sad that Lee will leave having not properly heard the fans give him an ovation for holding things together until Sandgaard came in. Things might not have gone brilliantly on the pitch since then, but he deserved to walk out in front of a packed Valley and feel the gratitude of Charlton fans for keeping us alive in a horrible period. Hopefully one day we'll go up against him and he can get his due thanks, like Powell did when Huddersfield came round.
    You'll get the chance next season.
    In League 1.....