Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Something new and progressive please. It's going to be very interesting to see what Thomas does now. Will he have the minerals to do something really different or will he play to the historical sentiment and go for Curbs, Powell or even keep Jackson?
  • personally,very sad to see him go,yes things have not gone well this year,but would have given him the chance in the summer to build his own squad "under normal circumstances".Who will take over,well Curbs has been out of the game too long,and would SCP be interested,both would be very popular with the fans,but got a feeling someone already lined up .Be very interesting when Lee makes his farewell speech,as too his reasons,I still think Roddy is in the frame somewhere.
  • what odds he's still here this time next week .. Brum, Pompey .. NOwhere ? ((:>)
  • Please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris.

Not because I think he'd be a bad appointment, as I reckon he'd get you back on track, but the clusterfuck of emotional rage would a great read ;)
    Nah, I reckon we'll target our former player Gary Rowett  ;)

• hawksmoor said:
    If true, hopefully this isn't a 'be careful what you wish' for moment.
    We can't do any worse than we're doing, with TS' ambitions and our playing staff. Genuinely.
  • My WhatsApp pic of the last 3 years is due a change .....
    yes that’s right,  a 50 year old saddo has every Charlton manager as his WhatsApp pic ....shameful nerd 
    Nothing wrong in being a nerd mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pete O’Rourke now saying Bowyer more likely to go Pompey
    Link the tweet? As he's not said anything since Brum at 1pm. SportsPeteO is his handle and there's nothing I see?
  • aliwibble said:
    masicat said:
    Leaving on the back of 2 wins and 2 draws. A win tomorrow night could have taken us into the top 6. New manager needs to reach the playoffs or else we will boo the fucker out when we get back.
    Oh don't be daft, that's totally counterproductive.
    It was a joke ... 
  • personally,very sad to see him go,yes things have not gone well this year,but would have given him the chance in the summer to build his own squad "under normal circumstances".Who will take over,well Curbs has been out of the game too long,and would SCP be interested,both would be very popular with the fans,but got a feeling someone already lined up .Be very interesting when Lee makes his farewell speech,as too his reasons,I still think Roddy is in the frame somewhere.
    Why would someone be lined up when it's Bowyer who has resigned?
  • Please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris.

Not because I think he'd be a bad appointment, as I reckon he'd get you back on track, but the clusterfuck of emotional rage would a great read ;)
    Nah, I reckon we'll target our former player Gary Rowett  ;)

X Millwall Guvnor ? .. controversial lol
  • My take & it's purely guesswork. 

Bowyer was told some time ago we had to make the playoffs or he would be gone at the end of the season. 

Birmingham have come in & he's jumped 
    That's a good shout.
    Although he'd need reassurances his job is safe should the Zulus go down.
  • edited March 2021
    It may have been said already but surely we go for Chris Wilder.  I think Sheffield Utd were daft to get rid of him.
  • Pete O’Rourke now saying Bowyer more likely to go Pompey
    Says Brum on his twitter ... 
  • RedPanda said:
    If he knows of Birmingham's interest, which I'm sure he does, then he's done us over here as they should be buying his contract.

I was ambivalent but that doesn't sit well with me,
    What? People were on here all about questioning his loyalty to the club when he hadn’t resigned previously. Now it appears he’s done that and his loyalty is being questioned the other way. About sums up the madness of this place really.

Moving on is probably best for everyone at this point, it will give the whole fanbase a chance to reset themselves - some are too far gone.

Just have realistic expectations please. We’re not going to be able to attract Wilder or Howe so let’s put those names to bed.
    He's jumped the moment a job has turned up. 

Makes it seem like he was waiting around for a payout anyway. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely best for all and probably should've happened a while ago. Wish him good luck in his next job and thank him for his efforts in what was a very challenging situation. 
  • Give it Euelly till end of season.
  • It may have been said already but surely we go for Chris Wilder.  I then Sheffield Utd were daft to get rid of him.
    Why would he drop 2 leagues?
  • Blimey, wasn't expecting this. In TS we trust, imagine it's a caretaker situation for a while anyway and this season is a write off pretty much anyway
  • I want a complete fresh face, new era with Sandgaard etc, I kind of get the Powell mentions but Curbs? Do people really think that's likely or a good idea?

I don't see why he would be remotely invested in managing for League One for a few games, pretty sure whatever Paddy Power and Qatar TV money he is getting will be better than being our manager til the end  of the season, and even if he did take it, which I would be completely shocked at, I doubt his heart will be exactly in it.

The Daniel Stendel mentions in here kind of feels like a pyramid scheme someone is pushing, but I'm intrigued.