Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• personally,very sad to see him go,yes things have not gone well this year,but would have given him the chance in the summer to build his own squad "under normal circumstances".Who will take over,well Curbs has been out of the game too long,and would SCP be interested,both would be very popular with the fans,but got a feeling someone already lined up .Be very interesting when Lee makes his farewell speech,as too his reasons,I still think Roddy is in the frame somewhere.
    Why would someone be lined up when it's Bowyer who has resigned?
    Either way, I don’t think it will a permanent replacement whoever it is - we are highly unlikely to make Play Offs - so TS will put someone in to end of season, and then complete rebuild in summer, incl new manager
  • My take & it's purely guesswork. 

Bowyer was told some time ago we had to make the playoffs or he would be gone at the end of the season. 

Birmingham have come in & he's jumped 
    so we've been crap for months & wouldn't do the honourable thing and resign.............but as soon as a job comes along that he has a chance of getting he jumps ship even before that Club have announced they've sacked their existing manager. 

Thanks Lee for nothing. If he gone a month or so ago we might have had a sniff of the play offs, but too late now. 
    It's not too late. We're 2 pts behind this:

• edited March 2021
    RedPanda said:
    If he knows of Birmingham's interest, which I'm sure he does, then he's done us over here as they should be buying his contract.

I was ambivalent but that doesn't sit well with me,
    What? People were on here all about questioning his loyalty to the club when he hadn’t resigned previously. Now it appears he’s done that and his loyalty is being questioned the other way. About sums up the madness of this place really.

Moving on is probably best for everyone at this point, it will give the whole fanbase a chance to reset themselves - some are too far gone.

Just have realistic expectations please. We’re not going to be able to attract Wilder or Howe so let’s put those names to bed.
    He's jumped the moment a job has turned up. 

Makes it seem like he was waiting around for a payout anyway. 
    Yes because he didn’t have the chance to jump three of four times in the last 18 months... first sniff of interest elsewhere and he’s gone. That’s exactly what happened. Yep.
  • masicat said:
    Thomas Frank.
    What about him? 
    It's a discription of a conversation, Bowyer asked would he be here past the summer and the reply from Thomas was frank
  • Sponsored links:

• It may have been said already but surely we go for Chris Wilder.  I then Sheffield Utd were daft to get rid of him.
    Why would he drop 2 leagues?
    he's non-league at the moment. Why not aim high? If TS can sell him or Howe the vision they might be up for a challenge, Wilder more so than Howe imo.
  • A laundry van has just pulled up at the Valley with Fraeye in the back!
  • Frank Lampard ....... 
  • seth plum said:
    If it is true this represents the most crucial test of Thomas Sandgaards ownership so far.
    Everybody will be in his ear suggesting this that and the other. Indeed ‘accidental’ or forced appointments have sometimes been a disaster for us (Fraeye, Les Reed) but Curbs Gritt Lennie and Lee Bowyer have worked out...even Theo Foley in an odd kind of way.
    Sandgaard must think very carefully, especially in the light of his Schwartz decision (which might work under a different manager though).
    Andy Nelson is still around - would certainly do our goals scored column some good 🤪
  • With the talk of he's been trying to leave and performances did drop off  all feels a bit Karl Robinson ish
  • Chris Wilder just spotted in the Valley cafe ,having a full English.
    Don’t be so bloody ridiculous.

It’s lunchtime.
  • Sponsored links:

• as others have said, this is pretty sad, still thought he could have got us into the play offs, and we would have a chance there, but I just think he ran out of steam with everything that has happened in the past 18 months finally getting to him. 

At least the boo boys will have a new target if the next couple of months don't work out perfectly. 
  • A laundry van has just pulled up at the Valley with Fraeye in the back!
    Presumably the laundry needs redoing, must whiff a fair bit if he's been in there that long.
  • Michael Laudrup?
  • If it is to be a caretaker for now then Jason Euell would be my choice.
  • I think its all just a ploy by TS just to get everyone to buy the stream for tomorrow. Bumper viewing figures knowing that we could have a new manager with fresh ideas & a thumping 4-0 win.