Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Debaser said:
    Gutted ! We owe that man alot ! He stuck with us in our darkest hours and had we given him time i still think he could have turned it around
    but nowdays with huge pressure on instant success and fanbases full of toxic fans like ours that cant wait to be negative no manager is ever given time

all the best to the man and thanks for memorys that will last forever
    You realise he resigned and has not been sacked yeah? Not exactly sticking with us is he? 
    Are you having a laugh
    everything he put up with over the last few years and still brought success then the esi mess and nearly getting dragged under by the scum of elliott farnell and co

he even made sure he was paid last / late before all club employees and stood with us when he could and maybe should have said no thats it iv had enough

im sure hes had feedback or got wind from staff close to him / sandgaard or players about the online toxic talk of fans and feels a fresh start at a club hes loved and will be appreciated is very appealing right now
    I don't think Bowyer is the type of person to give a fuck about some comments on a internet forum or social media, if he is he's lucky there's been no fans attending some of our home performances this season.. 
  • edited March 2021
    Would love a real statement of intent. However I think most of those available managers (Howe, Wilder etc) would be out of our reach even with TS’ deep pockets and ambition.
  • edited March 2021
    Now Bowyer has resigned, all fans can hopefully put away their disagreements and get behind our play-off push. Which is just as unlikely as it was when Bowyer took over.

As long as JJ doesn't have any of the issues with some players that Bowyer had, there is a lot to be said for giving him a go at it like Bowyer. He knows the players and can hit the ground running. 
  • How about a Pardew and Dowie double act?

Joking apart, the new manager must not have any connections with Palace or Millwall. 

I think Jason Euell, with Curbs supporting as a caretaker measure until the end of the season

• edited March 2021
    se9addick said:
    Debaser said:
    Gutted ! We owe that man alot ! He stuck with us in our darkest hours and had we given him time i still think he could have turned it around
    but nowdays with huge pressure on instant success and fanbases full of toxic fans like ours that cant wait to be negative no manager is ever given time

all the best to the man and thanks for memorys that will last forever
    You realise he resigned and has not been sacked yeah? Not exactly sticking with us is he? 
    Are you having a laugh
    everything he put up with over the last few years and still brought success then the esi mess and nearly getting dragged under by the scum of elliott farnell and co

he even made sure he was paid last / late before all club employees and stood with us when he could and maybe should have said no thats it iv had enough

im sure hes had feedback or got wind from staff close to him / sandgaard or players about the online toxic talk of fans and feels a fresh start at a club hes loved and will be appreciated is very appealing right now
    I don’t think today, the day that he apparently quits to join another team, is the day to make a big thing about Bowyer’s loyalty and sticking with us through thick and thin!
    LOL you have a very short memory! im making a big thing cause it was a big thing at the time and still very important ! and had it not been for him and a few of the other lot around the club helping out you and i wouldnt even have a team to support and worry about right now

hes tried his best and done more than most would have and i appreciate it and wish him all the best and success in the future
    Oh come on, there are other people very worthy of the “if it wasn’t for him/her...” title - Bowyer isn’t one of them. Bowyer wasn’t exactly the one who booted Southall out of the Valley 12 months ago, rather he was happy to work for the cavalcade of weirdos that have “owned” our club in recent times and now we’ve got a decent owner he’s walked out on him within six months.  

He did a great job to get us up, managed under crazy restrictions last season, has done a pretty poor job this season and jumped when he got a better opportunity. His loyalty, like almost everyone in football, is to himself and his career. 
  • Chunes said:
    Pratley & Watson player-caretaker-managers 
    Thought they were part of the deal and were going with him
    Dream on....
  • Jose Rigaa
  • Stendel is the best candidate of the known quantities for me. 

Has recent experience of taking a team and getting them promoted out of this league at the first attempt - Barnsley, took over summer 2018, promoted summer 2019.

Otherwise I’d prefer the job goes to someone like Euell if you want the CAFC connection or to an up and coming European coach, like a budget Nagelsmann.
  • The big decision Ged and Thomas will have to make is whether to get someone permanent in now, or to wait until the summer when more managers might be available

The likes of (dare I say it) Michael Appleton if Lincoln don't go up or Paul Warne if Rotherham go down. Or successful L2 managers who want a promotion on their CV before quitting (Wilder left Northampton straight after promotion)
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:
    Now we get to see Thomas’ first real decision as owner.
    Or Ged Roddys? 
  • he's run his race with us and perhaps has lost the confidence of players and the owner .. a new start with (possibly) fresh players and fresh ideas at Brum ? .. remember that Brum are a division above us, albeit they are in serious relegation trouble
    I'll be giving him a standing ovation at The Valley next season. 
    you don't reckon we'll go up as he comes down .. like the Scarborough funicular ? ((:>)
  • Pete O’Rourke now saying Bowyer more likely to go Pompey
    Would make more sense.  Bowyer will be under immense pressure immediately, Birmingham  are likely to go down.
    Perhaps Bowyer could replicate the new boss bump and get Portsmouth the pkay-off spot.
  • CAFCBell said:
    Let Jason Euell take it on for the rest of the season with a view to a full time post if he smashes it. 
    No No No - We need proven. If TS is serious about this 5/6 year plan for the Prem, then we invest in a big name manager. For the first time maybe ever as a club.
  • Please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris, please appoint Harris.

Not because I think he'd be a bad appointment, as I reckon he'd get you back on track, but the clusterfuck of emotional rage would a great read ;)
    Nah, I reckon we'll target our former player Gary Rowett  ;)

Great call.
    i think that he would be the perfect choice.
  • edited March 2021
    I would be incredibly shocked if someone permanent is brought in before the end of the season. I would be more shocked than Bowyer leaving. Will be a combination of Jacko and someone else. Curbishley and Jackson could be dream team for next two months.  
  • Sponsored links:

• I did think that the post match interview at the weekend that Bowyer came across a bit disinterested, like he'd given up on this squad. 
    Funny enough, I thought so too.
  • Jim white saying he has had it confirmed. Bowyer leaving CAFC for Brum. 
    Pompey it is then!
  • might be an unpopular opinion - but wouldnt want to have curbs anywhere near the manager role - he can only cock up his legacy.

Jacko would be my number 1 choice. 
  • Hope we do get a permanent manager in this season, even just to allow them a few months to assess the squad before the transfer window.
  • Trump is out of a job!

Oh the faces on here....
  • I would be incredibly shocked if someone permanent is brought in before the end of the season. I would be shocked that Bowyer leaving. Will be a combination of Jacko and someone else. Curbishley and Jackson could be dream team for next two months.  
    Prefer Curbs and Minto .. but I think we'll see an outsider come in .. I reckon Sandy has had a replacement lined up for this eventuality