Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Just realised I've been wearing my Charlton shirt for four days - it's like the magic has paid off. That said, it's a Llanera shirt so we're about to reappoint Pardew, sorry
  • ross1 said:
    Curbs in with JJ as No. 2
    No JJ is part of the problem.

Throughout the past year I don’t think that I have had once heard JJ speak up and voice a comment about the problems.

If it was Curbs as a temporary manager I would prefer Steve Brown to be number 2.
    Listening to him when he commentates he speaks so much sense.
    Many people can talk a big game, there is a reason Brown hasn't taken up management. 
  • might be an unpopular opinion - but wouldnt want to have curbs anywhere near the manager role - he can only cock up his legacy.

Jacko would be my number 1 choice. 
    Definitely “no” to Curbs, Jacko would be a very uninspiring choice to be honest.
  • Wilder won’t take the job on as he’s apparently too scared of coming to The Valley 😉
  • CAFCsayer said:

Only if you're happy to have him chasing after you / your girlfriend / your wife.
  • ross1 said:
    Curbs in with JJ as No. 2
    No JJ is part of the problem.

Throughout the past year I don’t think that I have had once heard JJ speak up and voice a comment about the problems.

If it was Curbs as a temporary manager I would prefer Steve Brown to be number 2.
    Listening to him when he commentates he speaks so much sense.
    I still don’t understand this point of view. How often do we usually hear from the no.2?
    It’s a very short list of assistant managers/coaches that have publicly said something that have undermined the manager at any club. Got a vague memory that Mike Flanagan leaving his coaching role at Charlton was linked to something like that which Lennie sacked him for.
  • edited March 2021
    I don't know about this season, but I do, and many do, know that JJ has been a popular person in the dressing room. The behaviours we have witnessed this season are unlike him so reasonable to say they belong solely to Bowyer. He has ambitions to be a manager and as long as the players are likely to get behind him, why not give him the same sort of free hit that Bowyer had? 

There are enough experienced players in the dressing room to help him and maybe he can call on them or one or two of them, as his assistants until the end of the season as a temporary measure. He also has Curbs attending every home game to advise. I'd like to see some unity in the dressing room and we might just see the team play to its potential.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Pete O’Rourke now saying Bowyer more likely to go Pompey
    Says Brum on his twitter ... 
    just seen it was a moody account. People got far too much time on their hands.
  • Jim white saying he has had it confirmed. Bowyer leaving CAFC for Brum. 
    Can't be true then if he has confirmed it
  • Sad day, I was hopeful with some of players returning and the investment in January that things would have picked up better than they did.  Unfortunately that didnt seem to happen so ultimately both parties shake hands and move on  
  • Solidgone said:
    Wilder won’t take the job on as he’s apparently too scared of coming to The Valley 😉
    Don't think that a newly sacked manager will have any credibility with our players .. Ben Watson as caretaker anyone ? (me neither)
  • Coaching capacity for Brown. Less pressure and more freedom in a coaching role & I think he would excel in that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe Sandgaard or Roddy could do a lot worse than have a chat with our senior pros in terms of what to do for the remainder of the season.
  • Announce Sir Christopher Powell , formerly of this Parish
    Good God, no.
    I think now's the time for someone 'non-Charlton' to come in.
    strongly disagree. Our most successful spells in the last 40 years have been when people who've played for the club come in and manage. 
    Pardew played more games for us than Bowyer....... 
  • Birmingham have the worst home record in the division😉
  • Maybe Sandgaard or Roddy could do a lot worse than have a chat with our senior pros in terms of what to do for the remainder of the season.
    And do the opposite of what they suggest  :D
  • CAFCsayer said:

Only if you're happy to have him chasing after you / your girlfriend / your wife.
    He’d turn up on a matchday and wonder why he can’t pick the Man Utd U23s squad.