Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Personally I would like somebody with no previous affiliation with the club.
    Because that’s always worked well 
    Only because we had shit senior management appointing jokers. 
    Maybe. I do think we unite as a club when it’s one of our own though. Howe and Wilder are too unrealistic. Maybe Cowley or Jackett 
  • Chunes said:
    I'd be fine with anyone who doesn't start Pratley & Watson
    Even if Pratley and Watson were our caretaker managers, they wouldn’t pick themselves.
    Yeah, surely they would rest Pratson thinking they needed quick feet in CM.

I mean, if it's blindingly obvious to everyone else, it must be obvious to them too.

• edited March 2021
    I would think Lee has known about this for some weeks because if he’s appointed Brum manager today or tomorrow all the contact and negotiation will have taken place over a few weeks. Bowyer is under contract so I assume that TS has also been aware of this for some weeks. It could well be that TS has already got a deal simmering and is waiting for Bowyers confirmation as new Birmingham City manager before announcing something. Of course our new man might not be available until the summer.
  • I know it’s naivety, but always surprised how quick some of these managerial appointments are made, Birmingham manager only sacked yesterday. Obviously, this is if he goes Birmingham today. 
    Unless it's been cooking for a little while? And Bowyer sounded out 'off the record' earlier.

• I feel quite relieved. The Bow's I remember with a smile was in the Lyle/Bauer/Aribo/PL Loanees era. 

Way tooooo much has gone on over the last year and sadly it's been hard for all concerned, ever since the club was saved.

Strange he doesn't want to take JJ with him to his next Club as assistant?
  • edited March 2021
    If you want to replicate the success of Bournemouth then you need to hire from within (Howe) and if you want to replicate the success of Sheff Utd then you need to hire from the pool of best L2 managers (Wilder).
    i don't think its as black and white as that..

Did Howe fail at Burnley because he wasn't promoted from within then?
  • I would like to thank Bowyer for keeping the team going for so long, with complete and utter shit bags at the helm.

One request though could he take Pratley and Watson with him.
  • edited March 2021

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
  • Really mixed emotions here, sad that it has ended like this, after all that has gone before and the endurance needed in the wake of the total bollocks of our ownership fiasco, he showed some staying power, but it does seem to have gone tits up lately, not sure where it all went wrong.
    Certainly wish him well where ever he finishes up at, just wondering what made him quit, was it the fans backlash, or just basic realism of where we were, and maybe he just felt at the end of the road.
  • edited March 2021
  • On OS now
  • edited March 2021
    Hope we get the right replacement.
    I don’t,I hope we get the wrong one  ;)
  • My advise would be get the new man in now and plan for next season, no point messing around until end of the season, we want out of this league. This season is a write off! 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Gutted, Bowyer gave us our club back
     Did he? When was that then? 

He gave us some hope, that is for certain. I said before I wanted him to go as I did not want the good memories to sour. 

They were already damaged by his treatment of young players and his preference for older, less good players. 

To me he has gone at a good time, I still remember the two play off campaigns and Wembley as the lasting memory. I am somewhat relieved by his choice. 
    Well until he got the poison chalice it was a downwards drift. However he gave us some pride and fight back. 

Think it was always going to end this way unfortunately, the club was beginning to resemble the mess under other Roly appointments.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    has he actually gone yet?

Still in Added Time. Nothing on the OS.

You know what Henry says.

EDIT: The commentary is behind the live stream. :neutral:

• JJ over Euell as Caretaker. I'd choose the other way round. 
  • Hasn't said why he's leaving
  • Personally, I'm quite gutted. Was willing to give bowyer til about october. Think it's an odd step going to birmingham, he could've easily have left to another club in a higher division before. Why now?
    Jump before pushed, is my guess.