Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

1323334353638»

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think Bowyer has made a huge mistake going to Brum - they are in a right mess and if he gets the sack there then his management career is in grave danger of being over.

Surely he can’t see Brum as a long term growth prospect given the turmoil they are in?
    Agreed.
    There is a strong chance they could go down, he'd need a bloody good start to next season to avoid the heat being on him early.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Lee Bowyer had run his race at Cafc.

I had consistently said I hope Thomas Sandgaard gives Lee until the end of the season before he makes a decision on LB and the future of my/our club. For the utter nonsense that Lee had put up with over 2.5 years, he deserved that. Unfortunately Lee couldn't do the course and distance and pulled up before the chair on the 2nd circuit.

Lee has looked tired and the players confused with his tactics and ever changing formations.

Bowyer became the tinker man. Pep at City can change the players constantly because they have a squad of world class players.
    We have journeymen players and a couple of youngsters.
    Pep only has a plan A: no need for B ! 
    Lee had an A to Z of formations and tactics. 

End of an era, and Bowyer starts again at Brum.

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    First interview as BCFC manager. Mentions us and gives weight to the idea he’d just been worn out by the last 18months.
    https://youtu.be/nLUffitPPT0
    Like the guy that got dumped by his mrs and then gave an ex bird a call and is now making out that she is the "one"...
  • Options
    I was a big Bowyer fan but I feel like he has done a runner, left us in the morning and reportedly training with
    Birmingham in the afternoon, to me that is a stab in the back 
    We've had tons of people calling for him to go, and many would certainly not have complained if he'd been sacked at any point in the past few weeks. Now he's being accused of stabbing us in the back, come on really?
    "YES REALLY" There is a difference between leaving and being sacked with nothing to go to, if he had just resigned then fair enough, like I said I was a Bowyer fan but to be talking to another team about a job for how many weeks means to me that he was not thinking about the best interests of CAFC!!!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 
    some wanted him to be sacked .

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Unless someone knows otherwise 🤷‍♂️
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
    Weird spin on the situation. Just the other day, people were accusing Bow of hanging around for a pay off and if he really cared about the club he’d resign.

I suppose the Bowyer boo boys didn’t expect him to land on his feet with a job in a higher division... oops.
    Bloody Bowyer-besmirching boo boys bamboozled?
  • Options
    So basically for Bowyer to show any loyalty he had to resign AND end up out of work?

Of course I'm being realistic in the sense that Bowyer has had a damned good career and probably doesnt need either the hassle or pay but to wish unemployment on someone is pretty shite
  • Options
    He had a contract at Charlton didn’t he 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Chuks on the ITK list. Has it actually been confirmed anywhere?

• Options
    I was a big Bowyer fan but I feel like he has done a runner, left us in the morning and reportedly training with
    We've had tons of people calling for him to go, and many would certainly not have complained if he'd been sacked at any point in the past few weeks. Now he's being accused of stabbing us in the back, come on really?
    "YES REALLY" There is a difference between leaving and being sacked with nothing to go to, if he had just resigned then fair enough, like I said I was a Bowyer fan but to be talking to another team about a job for how many weeks means to me that he was not thinking about the best interests of CAFC!!!
    Turn the situation round, and look at it from the club's POV, by which I mean us, not Brum. TS has let it be known that he wants someone in by the end of the week. That tells us he is considering someone, or more than one, outside the Club, as well as Jacko. How do you think he has identified these people so quickly? Looking at league tables? Reading the tweets from those on here who presume to @ him their suggestions? Whoever his candidates are, they will have been 'sounded out" probably by Mumford or Roddy, but that will have been on a non-committal basis, and the candidates will also have been sounded out by rival clubs. It happens all the time, it happens throughout business. And shall I tell you what happens to clubs who don't do this, but wait until their manager resigns, before thinking about who he could be replaced with? They end up with Ian fucking Dowie !!
    It was proved in the subsequent court case we had been talking to Dowie whilst he was still at Palace. I agree though that whole process we went through was a joke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Turn the situation round, and look at it from the club's POV, by which I mean us, not Brum. TS has let it be known that he wants someone in by the end of the week. That tells us he is considering someone, or more than one, outside the Club, as well as Jacko. How do you think he has identified these people so quickly? Looking at league tables? Reading the tweets from those on here who presume to @ him their suggestions? Whoever his candidates are, they will have been 'sounded out" probably by Mumford or Roddy, but that will have been on a non-committal basis, and the candidates will also have been sounded out by rival clubs. It happens all the time, it happens throughout business. And shall I tell you what happens to clubs who don't do this, but wait until their manager resigns, before thinking about who he could be replaced with? They end up with Ian fucking Dowie !!
    It was proved in the subsequent court case we had been talking to Dowie whilst he was still at Palace. I agree though that whole process we went through was a joke
    Well, I can’t remember the exact detail of when exactly we approached Dowie. Matter of weeks, days before Curbs actually left? I was assuming a much more long term approach. So some time later I cautiously ventured to ask Murray if he had not had conversations with various managers on a “what if Curbs leaves?” basis so that he had a list of numbers to call when it happened. He said he felt he could not do that because that would have constituted “tapping up”. I was gobsmacked. 
    And then we placed a “manager wanted” ad in the Daily Mail. For several days I was convinced that had to be an expensive wind-up by persons unknown, but it wasn’t....
  • Options
    No way , some Charlton fans were loyal to that man .... and he just ups and leaves and is elsewhere , who'da thunk it
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Well, I can’t remember the exact detail of when exactly we approached Dowie. Matter of weeks, days before Curbs actually left? I was assuming a much more long term approach. So some time later I cautiously ventured to ask Murray if he had not had conversations with various managers on a “what if Curbs leaves?” basis so that he had a list of numbers to call when it happened. He said he felt he could not do that because that would have constituted “tapping up”. I was gobsmacked. 
    And then we placed a “manager wanted” ad in the Daily Mail. For several days I was convinced that had to be an expensive wind-up by persons unknown, but it wasn’t....
    After Billy Davies had turned the job down.
  • Options
    tbh i never really liked the bloke since he did the leeds 'salute' 

good luck to nothing with another nasty club. 

Cheers for our Promotion and then boos for our relegation.  
  • Options
    The complete change in tone and manner of speaking just bamboozles me. 

As said, it's worked out best for all. Each club getting 3 points this week was probably no coincidence. 
  • Options
    This from the Guardian about Mourinho sounds eerily familiar to how I felt about Bowyer Ball over the last 18 months. 

'The playing style is built to win first and entertain second, although this, frankly, is optional. The way Mourinho analyses matches is clinical. He is not bothered about possession statistics, action areas or expected goals. To him, it is purely about big chances created. If his team can do that once or twice at the right time – and, ideally, score – then nothing else matters.

The upshot is that when the result is not there, Mourinho has little to fall back on and when the attitude is not there, either, as was the case in Zagreb and in the Derby defeat at Arsenal on Sunday, it leads to questions about the end of the road having been reached'
  • Options
    This from the Guardian about Mourinho sounds eerily familiar to how I felt about Bowyer Ball over the last 18 months. 

'The playing style is built to win first and entertain second, although this, frankly, is optional. The way Mourinho analyses matches is clinical. He is not bothered about possession statistics, action areas or expected goals. To him, it is purely about big chances created. If his team can do that once or twice at the right time – and, ideally, score – then nothing else matters.

The upshot is that when the result is not there, Mourinho has little to fall back on and when the attitude is not there, either, as was the case in Zagreb and in the Derby defeat at Arsenal on Sunday, it leads to questions about the end of the road having been reached'
    There are a lot of similarities between down sides of Jose and the down sides of Bowyer.   I would also say there are some in the good sides as well. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Correct... That's why mourinhio in his hey day only lasted a couple of years per team... He'd squeeze the sponge so completly that the squad ends up like a battered wife, scared to do the wrong thing. 

His core players offering complete support and those less favourable growing year on year until full mutiny.