Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• siblers said:
    Going to Birmingham would be a really weird move though, their ownership is all over the place and they are going through managers like hot dinners.

Bowyer has two Play Off campaigns and a VERY narrow relegation from the Championship with a League One squad on his resume and would be able to get a far better Championship club than them if he bides his time.
    He must be getting offered very good terms and money to take them over. Can't see any other real reason for taking them over
    There may be a part of him that likes managing in adversity.  I say this seriously.  Under RD, he was largely left to his own devices, total control.  Of course, it may not be the same at Brum, but it might be that he sees an opportunity free of interference.  Not that TS is going to interfere, but I sense the expectation of success under TS may have been a factor.  Who knows? 
  • Chunes said:
    I think Bowyer's lack of judgement is particularly highlighted by his treatment of Marcus Maddison, Macauley Bonne and Jonny Williams, who have all gone on to smash it at their respective clubs.
    Yeah and 2 of them went to Championship clubs like him , so they must be good 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but there hasn’t been one player send a message of thanks/support on socials.

Speaks volumes. 
    Tbf Lee isn’t on social media. 
  •  
    Alex Gilbey
     Moved from the Good buy thread.
    😂😂
  • JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but there hasn’t been one player send a message of thanks/support on socials.

Speaks volumes. 
    Tbf Lee isn’t on social media. 
    Doesn't matter, most managers aren't and at least some players will always say 'Thanks for the memories' or something similar. 
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
    Chunes said:
    I think Bowyer's lack of judgement is particularly highlighted by his treatment of Marcus Maddison, Macauley Bonne and Jonny Williams, who have all gone on to smash it at their respective clubs.
    Exactly. 
    Yeah all players he signed.
  • edited March 2021
    Croydon said:
    Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 
    some wanted him to be sacked .

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Unless someone knows otherwise 🤷‍♂️
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
    Weird spin on the situation. Just the other day, people were accusing Bow of hanging around for a pay off and if he really cared about the club he’d resign.

I suppose the Bowyer boo boys didn’t expect him to land on his feet with a job in a higher division... oops.
    How's it a weird spin? He's done exactly the same thing as Grant, yet one got chastised and the other has candles being lit for him in people's front rooms.

I'm happy for Bowyer. His time was up here, so it's a win for both of us. I won't be following up on their results though because I only care about Charlton. 
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
    Weird spin on the situation. Just the other day, people were accusing Bow of hanging around for a pay off and if he really cared about the club he’d resign.

I suppose the Bowyer boo boys didn’t expect him to land on his feet with a job in a higher division... oops.
    How's it a weird spin? He's done exactly the same thing as Grant, yet one got chastised and the other has candles being lit for him in people's front rooms.

I'm happy for Bowyer. His time was up here, so it's a win for both of us. I won't be following up on their results though because I only care about Charlton. 
    It’s more akin to Taylor than Grant, Bowyer and Taylor both took the unilateral decision to leave us mid-season, whilst under contract, to avoid risking their opportunity at a higher level. With Grant a transfer offer from another club was received, that we accepted, and he negotiated a contract with that club and left. 
  • No idea who we’ll get next and there’s a good chance I won’t be over excited by the chosen man but regardless I will as I always do give my 100% support to whoever manages the team. They do well and that support naturally remains high but as things start to go wrong it diminishes. My support for Lee Bowyer was for a long time 100% in fact it was on my suggestion that this forum put the Lee Bowyer 100% support banner. Pretty much since that point my 100% started to decline and as of yesterday morning it was sitting at around 50%. I think Lee moving was probably a decent outcome for all concerned. 
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Candles being lit in peoples room? Surely not, he’s not dead!
  • Be careful he might be hiding in the bushes.
  • Pretty much exactly how I see it TellyTubby
  • edited March 2021
    I feel positive about the change and am sure, LB does and secretly, TS probably does too. 

So many fans had missed the point of how expensive LB would have been to pay off, which you just do not do, unless you have a plan (ie not the Plan B), or they decide to move before having a "Sacked" next to their name on the CV.

TS has impressed with his recruitment of Jed and Wayne, so I remain quite excited (without excepting us to be able to recruit a recent PL Manager).
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Sevenoaks to Solihull. Enjoy. 

Karren Brady made do there! :'(
  • edited March 2021
    Ultimately, we all want what is best for Charlton. There was evidence for all to see that something wasn't right and results have backed that up. There was also some evidence from reliable sources too. 

We can all speculate as to what the reasons are and certainly Bowyers clear achievements should not be ignored and everybody has a right to praise him for those achievements if they believe that is what they were.

Maybe it is because Bowyer could see his managerial career slipping, but there was a reaction that was observed and commented on. The treatment of a number of players simply was not going to go down well with the whole squad of players. It never does.
  • I wonder if Bowyer taking training at Birmingham yesterday afternoon was some kind of final part of his interview. Would explain the lack of announcement.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I wonder if Bowyer taking training at Birmingham yesterday afternoon was some kind of final part of his interview. Would explain the lack of announcement.
    I thought this was a wind up, Brum have not sacked Karanka yet have they?
  • From Birmingham forum.....

“ I feel he will give us hope on the field and the players will understand what he wants from them by making it simple and not constantly changing the formation and tactics. He will be aware of what we Bluenoses expect”

LOL...... good luck with that...
    I used to have a lot of respect for Blues fans, dry sense of humour and a genuine accent. However if they believe that . They will change formations more times than the Red Arrows and tactics more times than the RAF and Luftwaffe during the Battle of Britain. 
    Really? Birmingham have a higher % of wrongun’s than most clubs (Wolves do too, must be something in the water up there). 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I wonder if Bowyer taking training at Birmingham yesterday afternoon was some kind of final part of his interview. Would explain the lack of announcement.
    Yes, on Monday
  • Dazzler21 said:
    A number of media outlets (no idea on reliability, but Football Insider was one that has been right in the past) reported he had been sacked on Sunday. 

Not a wind up. 
  • Cheers guys, just that there is no mention on their web site and the BBC are reporting the Blues are considering sacking him.
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes, on Monday
    Whilst it's abundantly obvious that he's going/gone, there is yet to be an official announcement from Birmingham City concerning Karanka's departure or Bowyer's appointment.