Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Lee Bowyer has reportedly signed a two-and-a-half year deal at Birmingham City, after leaving Charlton Athletic yesterday.

• edited March 2021
  • There must be a rule in place for compensation otherwise every manager would immediately resign and sign a contract elsewhere to avoid the compensation. 
  • There must be a rule in place for compensation otherwise every manager would immediately resign and sign a contract elsewhere to avoid the compensation. 
    I wouldn't be surprised if all parties concerned just agreed Bowyer to Brum.
    No money changing hands. 
  • Sandgaard may have been aware that Bowyer was looking for another job. A £350k compensation payment from Brum plus the pay out money he saved will go a long way towards covering the wages of a new manager for a while (depending who it is). If he had sacked Bowyer, he would have had to find over £1m to be in the position he is now (including the compensation payment).
  • Fixed term contract, you want to sack them you have to pay out the rest of the contract.

they want to leave early to go to a new club, compensation normally payable, how much may be in the contract or may be negotiable.

I thought TS said ‘that’s not something I can discuss at this time’ which to me sounded like ‘my legal team is currently finalising that with Birmingham’
  • edited March 2021
    Fixed term contract, you want to sack them you have to pay out the rest of the contract.

they want to leave early to go to a new club, compensation normally payable, how much may be in the contract or may be negotiable.

I thought TS said ‘that’s not something I can discuss at this time’ which to me sounded like ‘my legal team is currently finalising that with Birmingham’
    What it looks like to me is that it has all been done in an amicable way which doesn't mean there won't be compensation. Birmingham don't want a fight given their situation.
  • Wonder if they'll be any special guests at the valley tonight watching?? 
  • Sponsored links:

• scruffle said:
    Wonder if they'll be any special guests at the valley tonight watching?? 
    Safe bet that one if it's not to be JJ, thing is we will never know will we
  • I was a big Bowyer fan but I feel like he has done a runner, left us in the morning and reportedly training with
    Birmingham in the afternoon, to me that is a stab in the back 
    We've had tons of people calling for him to go, and many would certainly not have complained if he'd been sacked at any point in the past few weeks. Now he's being accused of stabbing us in the back, come on really?
    Let people grieve how they want to. 

Many of us wanted Bowyer to turn it around. Just when it started to look like the ship was turning, off he pops to Birmingham.

Wish him all the best, but I wish Charlton even better. 
  • We also know how good TS is at negotiating, so saying nothing but positive things about LB (alongside mentioning no intentions to sack) could effect compensation negotiations. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I was a big Bowyer fan but I feel like he has done a runner, left us in the morning and reportedly training with
    We've had tons of people calling for him to go, and many would certainly not have complained if he'd been sacked at any point in the past few weeks. Now he's being accused of stabbing us in the back, come on really?

Many of us wanted Bowyer to turn it around. Just when it started to look like the ship was turning, off he pops to Birmingham.

still not confirmed ...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I was a big Bowyer fan but I feel like he has done a runner, left us in the morning and reportedly training with

still not confirmed ...
    It's pretty obvious as he's taken training already!
  • Karanka still not officially sacked yet!
  • Not a 'Peter Odemwingie' moment is it?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

still not confirmed ...
    Their official site/twitter haven't said a word yet which is odd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if this has already been posted but fuck me, just seen this pop up on Facebook.

He’s not dead FFS. Jesus Christ is this even real? 😂
    It is in his bedroom...
  • Reckon this will turn out to be a "Bobby Ewing moment",
    we'll wake up and it will all have been a dream
  • Just hope Scotty asks Curbs straight “are you interested in the job?”

• Not sure if this has already been posted but fuck me, just seen this pop up on Facebook.

He’s not dead FFS. Jesus Christ is this even real? 😂
    Henry’s got no loyalty.
  • As someone who only became a fan in recent years, I’ve only known Karl Robinson and Lee Bowyer as managers. So one can see why I am generally sad to see Lee go. I have no memories of Curbs or Powell. The only manager I’ve know who actually accomplished anything with us is now gone.
    Out of interest Napa, why did you choose Charlton? I think the majority of us were born into the misery so interested to hear your perspective.
    Was trying to figure out what team to follow and looked closely at Wolves (while they were in The Championship), Newcastle, and a couple others.
    I decided to not follow an EPL club because I thought it showed no heart. Better to follow a club that might someday get there. Why would anyone decide to follow ManU? Just shows no depth as a person, given I was not born there.
    What eventually sold me on CAFC was the story of getting back to The Valley. I wanted to follow a club that was “more than a club” and if I visited England that I actually had a chance to go watch a match. 
    Thus... Charlton.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased you chose Charlton but some years ago did you ever bumped your head really hard ? 
    Don't listen to a word he says Shooters, he selected the team he supports using a maths algorithm........... and we all know what Napa's maths are like  B)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

still not confirmed ...
    There's a statement on their Twitter now re Karanka. Was getting fed up with the happy Mother's day thing..

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2021/club-statement-aitor-karanka/
  • Its crashed
  • dickad1 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

still not confirmed ...
    There's a statement on their Twitter now re Karanka. Was getting fed up with the happy Mother's day thing..

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2021/club-statement-aitor-karanka/
    Their website seems to have collapsed!