Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Moved from the Goodbye thread
    Any messages from current/past players so far about Bowyer? 
    Any messages from current/past players so far about Bowyer? 
    Not noticed anything on instagram and i follow a fair few of them 
  • Moved from the Goodbye thread
    Off to Birmingham it seems
    That's a bit of a Late Extra @Bromley Graham :)
  • edited March 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Moved from the Goodbye thread
    Off to Birmingham it seems
    That's a bit of a Late Extra @Bromley Graham :)
    You just did that to steal his lols

P. S I just said that for cheap ones. 
  • Announce Sir Christopher Powell , formerly of this Parish
    Good God, no.
    I think now's the time for someone 'non-Charlton' to come in.
    Yes, definitely non-Charlton!

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

They all worked out well!

I'm not against candidates with links to Charlton, or non-Charlton, but our recent better spells over the past 30 odd years have always been linked to someone Charlton related (Pardew the exception).

The next couple of months shall be an interesting ride.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Make no mistake Bowyer was the most important person at CAFC in the last 10 years + . He was our Churchill (woke considerations aside) when scumbags and doom threatened to engulf us all. Go well Lee. 

You realise we had Powell who was marginally better than Bowyer (won the league, achieved championship survival and almost scraped play offs in that season)

One of the most important, but not the most important.
    A reasonable argument when considering on field matters and douchebag's reign, But Bowyer stuck with us through Douchbag AND ESI1 and ESI2. Powell was essentially fired (much to his relief probably). Without Bowyer's figurehead leadership over the last 18 months...
  • Stefco said:
    Announce Sir Christopher Powell , formerly of this Parish
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

I'm not against candidates with links to Charlton, or non-Charlton, but our recent better spells over the past 30 odd years have always been linked to someone Charlton related (Pardew the exception).

I don't think Thomas has a list of managers that he has on the pay roll already. 

If he hadn't been our manager before I think a lot of people would actually be suggesting Robinson now and saying "what could he do with a budget".  What ever a budget is.

Plays "good football", a promotion from this divison plus a play off or 2, destroyed Man United in a cup tie.

No I am not suggesting him, just making an observation. 
  • Moved from the Goodbye thread:
    For anyone pining for him, Birmingham's next two games are live on sky
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The only manager to compare him to is Powell.

Both good managers. Neither GREAT managers. 

Chris Powell (all games - all competitions)

Lee Bowyer: (all games - all competitions)

*Tables include cup games and wins = 3pts.
    Amazingly similar stats
    i'm not taking away what bowyer did but lets get it straight - powell brought in a whole new team that then walked the league - bowyer tweaked an existing squad and went up though the play offs  
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

I don't think Thomas has a list of managers that he has on the pay roll already. 

If he hadn't been our manager before I think a lot of people would actually be suggesting Robinson now and saying "what could he do with a budget".  What ever a budget is.

Plays "good football", a promotion from this divison plus a play off or 2, destroyed Man United in a cup tie.

You have been wanting Bows out for months. So let's hear your replacement? 
    Back tracking is a no no mate
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

I don’t think that very fair. Seeing Poor form, very odd team selections and tactics over months and calling for a change is perfectly reasonable and doesn’t require that observation naming a replacement.
    It's fair for me to ask who is the choice of replacement then
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rumour from a reasonably reliable source is that Steve Gallen will go with Bow to Brum. 

Listed

Listed? 
  • edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Make no mistake Bowyer was the most important person at CAFC in the last 10 years + . He was our Churchill (woke considerations aside) when scumbags and doom threatened to engulf us all. Go well Lee. 

You realise we had Powell who was marginally better than Bowyer (won the league, achieved championship survival and almost scraped play offs in that season)

One of the most important, but not the most important.
    A reasonable argument when considering on field matters and douchebag's reign, But Bowyer stuck with us through Douchbag AND ESI1 and ESI2. Powell was essentially fired (much to his relief probably). Without Bowyer's figurehead leadership over the last 18 months...
    Don’t think Jimenez was a dream ticket for Powell. He would have sacked him before 11/12 and even during it had he not been managed. Then Powell was left with Prothero for support and starved of funds.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

I don’t think that very fair. Seeing Poor form, very odd team selections and tactics over months and calling for a change is perfectly reasonable and doesn’t require that observation naming a replacement.
    It's fair for me to ask who is the choice of replacement then
    As you obviously follow all my posts with great interest, for which I am flattered, you will already know I have suggested Pepe Klopp and Brian Clough as suitable replacements :smile:
  • Valley11 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rumour from a reasonably reliable source is that Steve Gallen will go with Bow to Brum. 

Listed

Listed? 
    On the ITK list. Don't worry it's completely pointless but entertains my tiny brain.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

Not my job is it pal.  This is a fucking football forum, specifically a Charlton Athletic forum.  The topic of discussion is usually Charlton Athletic Football Club and the performance of such.

I would suggest then that critic of the manager of the football club or praise of the same is a valid topic of discussion.

I think your find I have done nothing other than give my opinion on his performance as the manager of Charlton Athletic.  As I have given my opinion on the performance of players, executives, owners, club lawyers, streaming services, match day programmes and countless other things related to Charlton Athletic Football Club. On a football forum dedicated to that subject.

If you don't like them, fine but don't fucking tell me I can't have them.  Stick that back track up your arse. 
    You seem like a bit of 2 faces poster to me.
    Your face changes whenever you want.

Because you seem to think people aren't allowed to have and express opinions you don't agree with.  Argue and debate with them, but don't tell people they can't have them.

And what the fuck is a 2 faces poster? 

Look back through any of my comments over the years. I have always said respect opinions.
    Look back at your comments over the years and I see negativity and a lot of flip flopping. To me you have two faces 
  • edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

Not my job is it pal.  This is a fucking football forum, specifically a Charlton Athletic forum.  The topic of discussion is usually Charlton Athletic Football Club and the performance of such.

I would suggest then that critic of the manager of the football club or praise of the same is a valid topic of discussion.

I think your find I have done nothing other than give my opinion on his performance as the manager of Charlton Athletic.  As I have given my opinion on the performance of players, executives, owners, club lawyers, streaming services, match day programmes and countless other things related to Charlton Athletic Football Club. On a football forum dedicated to that subject.

If you don't like them, fine but don't fucking tell me I can't have them.  Stick that back track up your arse. 
    Because you seem to think people aren't allowed to have and express opinions you don't agree with.  Argue and debate with them, but don't tell people they can't have them.

Look back through any of my comments over the years. I have always said respect opinions.
    Look back at your comments over the years and I see negativity and a lot of flip flopping. To me you have two faces 
    Respect opinions as long as you agree with them.  Does it give you a hard on? 
  • Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 
    some wanted him to be sacked .

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Unless someone knows otherwise 🤷‍♂️
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
  • Getting testy just as I’m off to bed. Smashing.
  • edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

If you don't like them, fine but don't fucking tell me I can't have them. Stick that back track up your arse. 

Let’s quit the silly talk. You’re grown men.

i think.... :-)
    Soz I get wound up by fans flipping and flopping when it suits them. 
  • edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Good God, no.

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

If you don't like them, fine but don't fucking tell me I can't have them.   Stick that back track up your arse. 

Let’s quit the silly talk. You’re grown men.

i think.... :-)
    Soz I get wound up by fans flipping and flopping when it suits them. 
    I am intrested by this flip flopping as you said an hour or so ago I wanted him out for months.  That's not flip flopping is it?