Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Moved from the Goodbye Thread
    At least Albie Morgan will be able to play his natural game now, instead of being turned into a boring Poundland Bowyer.
  • Thank god.

Now lets get someone in that understands how to develop and motivate players, and how to nurture team spirit.
  • edited March 2021
    Obviously odds changing constantly as soon as anyone puts £1 on, but Cowley & Laudrup odds have shortened a lot in the last hour

I think what we all want is someone to have a little tantrum explaining how odds work - go on, you know you want to
  • Fuck sake there in for a shock 
  • Make no mistake Bowyer was the most important person at CAFC in the last 10 years + . He was our Churchill (woke considerations aside) when scumbags and doom threatened to engulf us all. Go well Lee. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    I’ve starting shaking nervously at that prospect. 
    From direct experience, just no - not even in jest.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but there hasn’t been one player send a message of thanks/support on socials.

Speaks volumes. 
    That's true! Not seen anything so far. If so, I'm happy with that as may lead to seeing increased desire tomorrow. 

Shame that if we win,lose or draw, my ears are already missing the "We was better than them Scotty."
  • J BLOCK said:
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but there hasn’t been one player send a message of thanks/support on socials.

Speaks volumes. 
    The most interesting part of the resignation so far. 
  • Make no mistake Bowyer was the most important person at CAFC in the last 10 years + . He was our Churchill (woke considerations aside) when scumbags and doom threatened to engulf us all. Go well Lee. 

You realise we had Powell who was marginally better than Bowyer (won the league, achieved championship survival and almost scraped play offs in that season)

One of the most important, but not the most important.
  • J BLOCK said:

Speaks volumes. 
    Perhaps they haven't realised he's gone yet?
  • mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

Speaks volumes. 
    That's true! Not seen anything so far. If so, I'm happy with that as may lead to seeing increased desire tomorrow. 

Shame that if we win,lose or draw, my ears are already missing the "We was better than them Scotty."
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if you see a much better performance from us tomorrow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Speaks volumes. 
    Perhaps they haven't realised he's gone yet?
    He told our squad at training this morning and was training Brum this afternoon.

Good job he was loyal then, at least he told us he was going...... 
  • Moved from the Goodbye thread:
    Carter said:
    Don't anyone who has been screaming for him to be sacked now try and be gracious or attempt to show class.

Gutted, great manager did a lot for us. Got credit in the bank and I hope he has a long and distinguished career, we will miss him 
  • Moved from the Goodbye thread
    se9addick said:
    Carter said:
    Don't anyone who has been screaming for him to be sacked now try and be gracious or attempt to show class.

Gutted, great manager did a lot for us. Got credit in the bank and I hope he has a long and distinguished career, we will miss him 
    What? Why?
    paulfox said:
    Carter said:

To be fair the majority of people thinking bowyer should have gone would much rather he was doing a good enough job that they didn’t feel that way.As for him being great,, I’m afraid that’s completely  overstated. He was good for a little while at best. I think everyone appreciates what he did, but that could never give him a free pass people like yourself seem to want to give him. Lee’s resignation has probably made TS job easier.I for one would have been very happy to keep bowyer, if he was continuing the good stuff he had done....... but he wasn’t. Alex Ferguson was a GREAT manager, is bowyer in that bracket??? No.
  • Moved from the Goodbye thread:
    Bow was exactly what the club needed at the time he was appointed, and his aggressive motivational approach drove the team to perform well beyond reasonable expectations including (but not culminating in) the Wembley explosion of joy.

However when that approach began to wane (perhaps initially in late-2019 due to an unfortunate series of injuries) he was found very much wanting in terms of tactics, coaching and man management.  

Indeed the decline occurred so quickly and to such an extent* that I wonder what, other than his prior playing connection (or perhaps a perceived desire  for the same short-term motivational jolt), a Championship club like Birmingham is manoeuvring for so actively. 

(*79pts from the last 69 League games)
    Carter said:
    se9addick said:
    Carter said:

What? Why?
    Because its muggy and disingenuous
    se9addick said:
    Carter said:
    se9addick said:
    Carter said:

What? Why?
    I think you can feel like it was time for Bowyer to go and still be thankful for the good stuff earlier in his reign. I don’t see why the two would be mutually exclusive or hypocritical.  
  • aliwibble said:
    Moved from the Goodbye thread
    Carter said:
    se9addick said:
    Carter said:

What? Why?
    Baggy surely