Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• I'm just laughing to myself at how this place will go into meltdown  when Bowyer rocks up at Brum & in his presser he says how he has so much passion for "The Blues", and goes on about his time there, how they are such a special club & the journey they are about to go on......
    He had his head turned
  • Well I think he's shown that whoever Sandgaard appoints, he will give them plenty of time
  • 35% win rate in his one season at Reading, not very inspiring stuff.
  • edited March 2021
    35% win rate in his one season at Reading, not very inspiring stuff.
    35% in the Championship is better than the 26% Bowyer managed.

Less talked about is the fact that he put the platform in place for the current bloke to do so well this year - lots of Reading fans giving him credit for that with the benefit of hindsight.

As many have said, it's highly unlikely we'll have a single manager take us all the way on this journey. If Bowen could get us up, stabilise us and build a platform for the next bloke to take it forward then that would be fantastic.

Less talked about is the fact that he put the platform in place for the current bloke to do so well this year - lots of Reading fans giving him credit for that with the benefit of hindsight.

As many have said, it's highly unlikely we'll have a single manager take us all the way on this journey. If Bowen could get us up, stabilise us and build a platform for the next bloke to take it forward then that would be fantastic.
    So bit like Robinson and Bowyer? 

So bit like Robinson and Bowyer? 
    I don't see many Charlton fans giving Robinson credit for Bowyer's promotion but if that's how you Bowyer boo boys want to look at it, sure. :-)
  • edited March 2021
    Moved from the Goodbye Thread:
    Very surprised by his departure - thought he would be here until the end of the season. Birmingham will be a big challenge if he goes there.
    Finding it strange that none of the squad have come out with a post of support/thanks for Bowyer on social media yet, they're defo done with training because a few of them have been liking posts where the news was announced
  • edited March 2021
  • Does this mean we can stop singing Allez Allez Allez? 🙏
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Current odds:

• I know it’s naivety, but always surprised how quick some of these managerial appointments are made, Birmingham manager only sacked yesterday. Obviously, this is if he goes Birmingham today. 
    Surely Bows couldn't be appointed today. CRB checks never come back that fast when there's a few 'entries' 
    Strange thing to say and wouldn’t be relevant now anyway 
  • Croydon said:
    Does this mean we can stop singing Allez Allez Allez? 🙏
    Only until the next. 
  • Anyone clear on the timeline? TS clip on talk sport made it sound like Bowyer told him this morning he was off to Birmingham. 

As for resigning, that would raise issues of compo - unlikely a true resignation would exempt Birmingham from paying, which I’m assuming isn’t going to happen
  • Didn't Bowen sack the manager at Reading and give himself the job? 
  • aliwibble said:
    Does anyone get the impression from that that Bet Victor have been reading this thread?
    If so, I know who our next manager is...

• Croydon said:
    Does this mean we can stop singing Allez Allez Allez? 🙏
    Good point. the new manager's name needs to scan. Chris Wilder it is then
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Does anyone get the impression from that that Bet Victor have been reading this thread?
    If so, I know who our next manager is...

No thanks, endless injuries, cant win at home... Might as well have Bowyer back
    Yeah but at least Klopp wouldn’t play midfielders at Centre Back.......
  • I've just looked at the championship table and if LB goes to Brum then they are in the crapper!!

The rate there going we will see Brum next season! 
  • edited March 2021
    I got euell at 25/1 on bet victor earlier come on!

• Neil Harris all day long.
  • 30 blokes on the internet forced Lee Bowyer to resign and break his loyalty to our club .... ok 
    I hope we have a list...
    and that it is then cross-referenced with the IDs of some of the loudest voices on this thread... ;)
    No this one would be more fun https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87916/bowyer-signed-3-year-deal-page-27-onwards/p14 
  • Heard that we’ve already interviewed 30 candidates.
    POTD, well played sir