Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Clearly was not about to be pushed.  Perhaps he fancied a change. It's got to be exhausting having to rebuild an entire team every year. He also didn't seem like he liked this bunch of players either, much like we don't. 
  • Well this next appointment will tell us if Thomas really is the messiah. The talk of Premier league ambitions , well now is the time. He can appoint his own man and back him with the funds to do the job. He was loyal to Lee Bowyer , he gave him a realistic target of the play offs and while there was still a chance of that happening he stuck with him.  
    He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty.... Oh Sandgaard, not Bowyer?
  • edited March 2021
    Apologies if somebody has mentioned it before, but I think Mark Bowen could be on the radar.
    Worked with Ged Roddy at Reading briefly...
  • I wish Lee all the best in his move. I also think it is for the best for both parties, he seemed to be struggling with the weight of expectation and didnt look like he was enjoying it very much
  • Sponsored links:

• Roddy is going to have a massive influence on this so possibly Bowen!  Will be someone with a positive outlook who can shape the whole footballing structure! Hopefully attractive attacking football! 
  • It will be very interesting to see who is announced thats for sure. My money is on an up and coming foreign manager but whoever it is it will tell us alot about the ambition of the club moving forward. The usual suspects such as the Cowleys etc would be a bit urghhhh for me
  • Maybe LB will take Pratley and Watson with him to Brum? 
  • 30 blokes on the internet forced Lee Bowyer to resign and break his loyalty to our club .... ok 
    I hope we have a list...
  • edited March 2021
  • Roddy is going to have a massive influence on this so possibly Bowen!  Will be someone with a positive outlook who can shape the whole footballing structure! Hopefully attractive attacking football! 
    Would Mark Bowen be ready to leave Reading if they are poised for a Championship play off place ..... and perhaps the prospect of promotion to the Prem?

• Oggy Red said:
    Roddy is going to have a massive influence on this so possibly Bowen!  Will be someone with a positive outlook who can shape the whole footballing structure! Hopefully attractive attacking football! 
    Would Mark Bowen be ready to leave Reading if they are poised for a Championship play off place ..... and perhaps the prospect of promotion to the Prem?

No.
    So it’s a likely as Wilder or Howe then 😝
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Roddy is going to have a massive influence on this so possibly Bowen!  Will be someone with a positive outlook who can shape the whole footballing structure! Hopefully attractive attacking football! 

He's not at Reading, they replaced him as manager last summer and he didn't want to stay on in a Director role
  • aliwibble said:
    Oggy Red said:
    He left them last August Oggy.
    Don’t let facts get in the way ffs 🙄😝😘😘😘
  • Entertainingly, I just googled him to doublecheck I was right about that and spotted this: https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-reading-fc-boss-mark-20157414
  • aliwibble said:
    Entertainingly, I just googled him to doublecheck I was right about that and spotted this: https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-reading-fc-boss-mark-20157414
    Spoooooooooky
  • 30 blokes on the internet forced Lee Bowyer to resign and break his loyalty to our club .... ok 
    I hope we have a list...
    and that it is then cross-referenced with the IDs of some of the loudest voices on this thread... ;)
    I hope we have a list...
    and that it is then cross-referenced with the IDs of some of the loudest voices on this thread... ;)
    Anyone asking for Powell to go, but supporting Bowyer should be taken up the garden with a shovel and a shotgun. 
  • I'm just laughing to myself at how this place will go into meltdown  when Bowyer rocks up at Brum & in his presser he says how he has so much passion for "The Blues", and goes on about his time there, how they are such a special club & the journey they are about to go on......