Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Go away you little knob
  • edited March 2021
    cs1986 said:
    I got euell at 25/1 on bet victor earlier come on!

I’ve gone Laudrup at 16’s and Bowen at 33’s. Needless to say I doubt I will see any return on my investment. 
  • My money is on...

"Who?"
  • MattF said:
    The Centre Forward is looking forward to his new position at left back 
    Leko will be converted to a roaming CB 
  • Firstly, thanks to Lee Bowyer. I personally will always love him, if only for that great day at Wembley. I'm sad to see him go even if I've been a big critic of his recently.

I would be very happy with Eddie Howe, and happy with Chris Wilder.

Many of you will say that these are unrealistic but the reality is that money and ambition talks. If there really is such a big project in the background from TS then there's no reason why such a 'big manager' wouldn't accept. TS may go for some well-reckoned foreign manager and that would be his choice.

Ultimately, if we don't get a manager who initiates a  'wow, that's great' type reaction from the Charlton fan base then we know that all this talk of Premier League and European competition is just hot air from an (although likeable) overexcited naive owner.

But they'll get more money higher up, and ambition is all well and good, but why not just get a job with a club already higher up?

Both Wilder and Howe would be candidates for much better paid PL jobs, let alone higher end Championship jobs.

It's not realistic, neither will come to League One.
    You're missing the point I think. If TS has such short-term Premier League ambitions then is it unrealistic to give the right man a 'Premier League friendly' contract now?
  • MattF said:
    Blimey that was quick!
  • robroy said:
    MattF said:
    The Centre Forward is looking forward to his new position at left back 
    Leko will be converted to a roaming CB 
    He can’t head the ball, so Bowyer will naturally play him at CB.
  • aliwibble said:
    Does anyone get the impression from that that Bet Victor have been reading this thread?
    If so, I know who our next manager is...

That photo is obviously before he had his teeth done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumour from a reasonably reliable source is that Steve Gallen will go with Bow to Brum. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Rumour from a reasonably reliable source is that Steve Gallen will go and bum bow.

• Valley11 said:
    Rumour from a reasonably reliable source is that Steve Gallen will go with Bow to Brum. 
    Wouldn’t surprise me as I don’t quite understand where he sits in the dynamic with Roddy in the building? 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rumour from a reasonably reliable source is that Steve Gallen will go with Bow to Brum. 
    Wouldn’t surprise me as I don’t quite understand where he sits in the dynamic with Roddy in the building? 
    He’s head of recruitment, not DOF anymore 
  • wrong call imo he was a good bloke and done well with what he had half of these players are conference at best. i mean how you can expect to compete with pearce in the defence. 
  • aliwibble said:
    Does anyone get the impression from that that Bet Victor have been reading this thread?

Maybe his sweater is giving us a subliminal message about our new manager.

I don't believe it!
  • edited March 2021
    Moved from the Goodbye Thread:
    Be careful what you wish for. I hope that those of you who have been so Bowyer negative don't come to regret your words - in my opinion he has been treated disgracefully by a number of you on this site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Typical Charlton fans. Hounding the manager out. Did we learn nothing from when we constantly demanded Curbishley be sacked!

In truth its a shame he has gone. He put up with so much crap in his reign. Just a shame this season has petered out and he has lost his mojo. Will always be grateful for some of the best moments on the pitch in recent times supporting the club. 
    Some key board warriors in here but most wanted him to stay and build next season with Thomas’s backing. 
    Do you think he reads what a few idiots say on here???
    How do you know that most wanted him to stay ? Yeah right Lee Bowyer resigns because a few people criticise on CL  :D:D:D  
  • aliwibble said:

You could drive a bus between that bottom plate.
    Now you need sunglasses on whilst he's being interviewed.
  • edited March 2021
    Obviously odds changing constantly as soon as anyone puts £1 on, but Cowley & Laudrup odds have shortened a lot in the last hour

• Moved from the Goodbye Thread:
    Be careful what you wish for. I hope that those of you who have been so Bowyer negative don't come to regret your words - in my opinion he has been treated disgracefully by a number of you on this site.
     I became Bowyer negative when Bowyer became Charlton negative.
    Rothko said:
    At least the most furious Bowyer Out types aren’t coming on this thread to at least acknowledge some of his achievements. They are at least consistent in their toddler like entitlement 
  • edited March 2021
    wrong call imo he was a good bloke and done well with what he had half of these players are conference at best. i mean how you can expect to compete with pearce in the defence. 
    We had no choice Bowyer decided not to sign a centre back in the transfer window.
    As for saying there wasn't a CB available who was better than Pratley, if that's what he thinks than he wasn't doing his research /job properly
  • Moved from the Goodbye Thread
    Dazzler21 said:
     That's ridiculous.

No one here has treated him in any way. 

Has anyone on here that's been negative of him spoken to him face to face this season? Not likely, so they wouldn't have treated him in any way.

These comments are stupid. It's football, people have a right to criticise the manager when he's not performing and he's openly slagging players off to the press.

Fact is he hadn't been good enough this season. I expect he'll do okay at Brum. Not brilliant and not awful. He'll flirt with playoffs.

He'd lost his captain and a number of his first team players. I'm surprised he took so long to go and wish him all the best for his new adventure.

To call my words "stupid" is rather rich, a lot of what you say I do not agree with but I wouldn't call it stupid, we are all entitled to our opinions without being called stupid, it is people like you that will cause me to leave CL.
  • Moved from the Goodbye Thread
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
     That's ridiculous.

No one here has treated him in any way. 

Has anyone on here that's been negative of him spoken to him face to face this season? Not likely, so they wouldn't have treated him in any way.

These comments are stupid. It's football, people have a right to criticise the manager when he's not performing and he's openly slagging players off to the press.

Fact is he hadn't been good enough this season. I expect he'll do okay at Brum. Not brilliant and not awful. He'll flirt with playoffs.

He'd lost his captain and a number of his first team players. I'm surprised he took so long to go and wish him all the best for his new adventure.

To call my words "stupid" is rather rich, a lot of what you say I do not agree with but I wouldn't call it stupid, we are all entitled to our opinions without being called stupid, it is people like you that will cause me to leave CL.
    Come off it. That seems a bit of an overreaction to me calling your comment stating people have treated Bowyer disgracefully stupid, especially after how he's treated the players he signed and the young players breaking through.

I apologise if I hit a nerve and maybe the wording of stupid is unfair. Is silly more fair? I know I'm good at the odd silly comment myself.

I certainly wouldn't want to make any poster quit the forum.
    No I won't come off it Dazzler, I take exception to your comments and that is that.