Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stefco said:
    Announce Sir Christopher Powell , formerly of this Parish
    Good God, no.
    I think now's the time for someone 'non-Charlton' to come in.
    Yes, definitely non-Charlton!

Ahem....

Jose Riga
    Bob Peeters
    Guy Luzon
    Karel Fraeye
    Jose Riga
    Russell Slade
    Karl Robinson

They all worked out well!

I'm not against candidates with links to Charlton, or non-Charlton, but our recent better spells over the past 30 odd years have always been linked to someone Charlton related (Pardew the exception).

The next couple of months shall be an interesting ride.
    I don't think Thomas has a list of managers that he has on the pay roll already. 

If he hadn't been our manager before I think a lot of people would actually be suggesting Robinson now and saying "what could he do with a budget".  What ever a budget is.

Plays "good football", a promotion from this divison plus a play off or 2, destroyed Man United in a cup tie.

No I am not suggesting him, just making an observation. 
    You have been wanting Bows out for months. So let's hear your replacement? 
    Back tracking is a no no mate
    Not my job is it pal.  This is a fucking football forum, specifically a Charlton Athletic forum.  The topic of discussion is usually Charlton Athletic Football Club and the performance of such.

I would suggest then that critic of the manager of the football club or praise of the same is a valid topic of discussion.

I think your find I have done nothing other than give my opinion on his performance as the manager of Charlton Athletic.  As I have given my opinion on the performance of players, executives, owners, club lawyers, streaming services, match day programmes and countless other things related to Charlton Athletic Football Club. On a football forum dedicated to that subject.

If you don't like them, fine but don't fucking tell me I can't have them. Stick that back track up your arse. 
    You seem like a bit of 2 faces poster to me.
    Your face changes whenever you want.

Because you seem to think people aren't allowed to have and express opinions you don't agree with.  Argue and debate with them, but don't tell people they can't have them.

And what the fuck is a 2 faces poster? 

Look back through any of my comments over the years. I have always said respect opinions.
    Look back at your comments over the years and I see negativity and a lot of flip flopping. To me you have two faces 
    Respect opinions as long as you agree with them.  Does it give you a hard on? 
    Let’s quit the silly talk. You’re grown men.

i think.... :-)
    Soz I get wound up by fans flipping and flopping when it suits them. 
    I am intrested by this flip flopping as you said an hour or so ago I wanted him out for months.  That's not flip flopping is it? 
    You wanted him to stay when we were winning 
  • Going to Birmingham would be a really weird move though, their ownership is all over the place and they are going through managers like hot dinners.

Bowyer has two Play Off campaigns and a VERY narrow relegation from the Championship with a League One squad on his resume and would be able to get a far better Championship club than them if he bides his time.
  • Going to Birmingham would be a really weird move though, their ownership is all over the place and they are going through managers like hot dinners.

Bowyer has two Play Off campaigns and a VERY narrow relegation from the Championship with a League One squad on his resume and would be able to get a far better Championship club than them if he bides his time.
    He must be getting offered very good terms and money to take them over. Can't see any other real reason for taking them over
  • Sevenoaks to Solihull. Enjoy. 
  • edited March 2021
    siblers said:
    Going to Birmingham would be a really weird move though, their ownership is all over the place and they are going through managers like hot dinners.

He must be getting offered very good terms and money to take them over. Can't see any other real reason for taking them over
    You are probably right but he can't need the money surely?

He played in the Premier League for fifteen years with Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham and Brum he can't need the cash!
  • Let them have their petulant funeral.
  • It was quite a shock to see Bowyer resign rather than staying on (until TS made the decision for him in the next month or so).I find football cynical though when you hear he has a move lined-up anyway to Brum.I am sure he meant what he said in his final message to fans but it is tainted when the truth would be better---more money at Brum,I don't get on with X,Y or Z at the club,whatever the reasons. Footballers are brought up in a closed,secret society so expecting the full truth is probably naive and the truth will never be known,just inferred.
    I would say we have had some great times under his management,Doncaster in the semi-final at home(I can't remember a more fervent,noisy crowd),Wembley of course and some great performances in the league.But this season has seen some of the most disjointed,dreary and unintelligible football ever seen from a Charlton team.Was it Gallen over-ruling Bowyer on transfer signings,disagreements with the new football supremo brought in to join-up the styles of play throughout the club from youngest to first team,burn-out and not able to summon the energy or thoughts for a competent game plan? I don't know how he can walk into a new job when he must sorely be in need of a few weeks away from football to get his head straighter.And Brum are no great shakes,not a wonderful step-up in any event. I find it odd---I know he has affiliations to Brum as he did with Charlton.A bit like Taylor going to Forest,Doughty to Stoke---why the hurry to leave but be little better off in footballing terms? By the way,why have so many players been in such a hurry to leave our club?Oh to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room or at the training grpound.
    I wish him well and thank him for some truly memorable times.Thanks too for putting up with the treatment he eceived from RD and sticking to the job at Charlton. But,in reality,things haven't picked up since the resumption at the end of last season when we let so many opportunities slip so as to fall to this division and our level of enthusiasm has stayed there with no player expectation of promotion.
  • Just took a peek at the BHFC forum. Mostly in favour of getting LB on board. A few reservations by some but general consensus is he’ll get a tune out of their squad and provide some steel, something they’re apparently missing. A few also mentioned that we would not have been relegated last season had LT not “stabbed him in the back”
  • Sponsored links:

• Their players will perform better after a few public slaggings.
  • I should have known when I saw Bowyer with a haircut on Saturday that he’d been for a job interview ...
    I mean,  he cheated on us before we dumped him. 
    If Scott Parker comes back and manages us and does the same I’m sure we’ll all be just as understanding.

• edited March 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Croydon said:
    Bowyer in/out divisions run so deep, apparently you're not even allowed to wish him well for the future if you'd criticised him previously.

The cult like following is INSANE. 
    There’s a number of people who are seemingly Bowyer Fans over Charlton Fans.

I’ll say it again, it is Charlton and only Charlton first, second and third, over any individual. 
    Even the Bowyer in crowd will agree that club comes first, above any individual. Odd to suggest otherwise.

You let me know if you hear of any Charlton fans switching allegiance to the Bluenoses. I’d wager that number will be roughly zero.
  • edited March 2021
    Croydon said:
    Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 
    some wanted him to be sacked .

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Unless someone knows otherwise 🤷‍♂️
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
    Weird spin on the situation. Just the other day, people were accusing Bow of hanging around for a pay off and if he really cared about the club he’d resign.

I suppose the Bowyer boo boys didn’t expect him to land on his feet with a job in a higher division... oops.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Just took a peek at the BHFC forum. Mostly in favour of getting LB on board. A few reservations by some but general consensus is he’ll get a tune out of their squad and provide some steel, something they’re apparently missing. A few also mentioned that we would not have been relegated last season had LT not “stabbed him in the back”
    You’ve stumped me ‘LT?’ Leiven de Turk?
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Just took a peek at the BHFC forum. Mostly in favour of getting LB on board. A few reservations by some but general consensus is he’ll get a tune out of their squad and provide some steel, something they’re apparently missing. A few also mentioned that we would not have been relegated last season had LT not “stabbed him in the back”
    You’ve stumped me ‘LT?’ Leiven de Turk?
    Lyle Taylor
  • Football person in looks after themselves shocker , no way , I don’t believe it 

He goes with his head held high and deservedly so for what he achieved  
    but if we were genuinely threatening promotion and he walked out on us for another club , we’d all be fuming imo 
  • Seasons over we aren’t getting playoffs and we’re safe from relegation - good time to go, brum is a weird one as they are 3 points from relegation and Rotherham have 4 games in hand due to covid. 
  • Seems mad but skybet still have the market open on Brum next manager Lee is available at a whopping 1/33
  • Sponsored links:

• You have to wonder if Lee was offered the job at Brum before he resigned his job with us,that will leave a bad taste in the mouth for the Bowyer out brigade 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Croydon said:
    Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 
    some wanted him to be sacked .

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Unless someone knows otherwise 🤷‍♂️
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
    Weird spin on the situation. Just the other day, people were accusing Bow of hanging around for a pay off and if he really cared about the club he’d resign.

I suppose the Bowyer boo boys didn’t expect him to land on his feet with a job in a higher division... oops.
    Honestly, no one cares.
    Glad he has, means we get compo instead of having to pay him off in a couple of months time
  • Lyle Taylor and Chris Solly walked out on Charlton at a similar stage last season for their own best interests .
    This feels more Chris Solly .

• Chunes said:
    I think Bowyer's lack of judgement is particularly highlighted by his treatment of Marcus Maddison, Macauley Bonne and Jonny Williams, who have all gone on to smash it at their respective clubs.
    Exactly.