Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Croydon said:
    Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 
    some wanted him to be sacked .

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Unless someone knows otherwise 🤷‍♂️
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
    Weird spin on the situation. Just the other day, people were accusing Bow of hanging around for a pay off and if he really cared about the club he’d resign.

I suppose the Bowyer boo boys didn’t expect him to land on his feet with a job in a higher division... oops.
    Honestly, no one cares.
    Glad he has, means we get compo instead of having to pay him off in a couple of months time
    It was in response to the ‘landing on his feet with a job in a higher division’

Seemingly people cannot understand that wanting someone out of a club and hoping they fail in whatever they do next, are totally different things. 
    Exactly

3 years ago Robinson leaving was the right thing for us, as he was underachieving with the players we had, but it doesn't mean I wanted him to be a failure elsewhere. Indeed by the look of things he learned his lessons, and has been much more flexible with his tactics at Oxford
    Still not got promotion though... 3 years on!
  • The people blaming other supporters for forcing LB out need a reality check imo. LB has gone because he decided it was better for him. He hasnt been hounded out of anywhere and I have seen not one instance where someone has wished him failure at his next step. Rather than casting blame at other supporters people should just accept it for what it is and move on. I wish JJ and the team all the best for tonight and the next run of games, once a new manager has been appointed they will also have my full support into the future
  • Cheers guys, just that there is no mention on their web site and the BBC are reporting the Blues are considering sacking him.
    Yeah  Jim White just said on Talkshite 2.5yr deal.

Sandgaard interview expected around 11. 
  • The lack of clarity from BCFC around Karanka reminds me of CAFC during the Roland/ESI days. I hope Lee’s not walking into another life of torment and agg. 
  • I would imagine Bowyer not being announced is just because CAFC and Brum are sorting out compensation. 
  • I would imagine Bowyer not being announced is just because CAFC and Brum are sorting out compensation. 
    Why is compo being paid if Bowyer resigned, walking out makes him a free agent. 

More to this than meets the eye.

I am going on rumours we are due compensations still although Jordan have asked why he can just walk. 
  • Have I missed it but Jim White saying Bowyer has already signed a 2.5 year contract with Birmingham. Has that been confirmed elsewhere? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have I missed it but Jim White saying Bowyer has already signed a 2.5 year contract with Birmingham. Has that been confirmed elsewhere? 
    I can't find anything and not on the Blues official web site.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Croydon said:
    Some wanted him to stay and be backed , partly due to his loyalty and definitely due to his previous achievements 
    some wanted him to be sacked .

The FACT is , he resigned and walked away from our club , there’s your loyalty right there .
    Unless someone knows otherwise 🤷‍♂️
    Done it mid way through the season too. Apoplectic when Grant did it, but blame fellow fans when Bowyer does it. 
    Weird spin on the situation. Just the other day, people were accusing Bow of hanging around for a pay off and if he really cared about the club he’d resign.

I suppose the Bowyer boo boys didn’t expect him to land on his feet with a job in a higher division... oops.
    Honestly, no one cares.
    Glad he has, means we get compo instead of having to pay him off in a couple of months time
    It was in response to the ‘landing on his feet with a job in a higher division’

Seemingly people cannot understand that wanting someone out of a club and hoping they fail in whatever they do next, are totally different things. 
    Exactly

3 years ago Robinson leaving was the right thing for us, as he was underachieving with the players we had, but it doesn't mean I wanted him to be a failure elsewhere. Indeed by the look of things he learned his lessons, and has been much more flexible with his tactics at Oxford
    Still not got promotion though... 3 years on!
    Oxford though. 

He's still under contract though. Resigning doesn't absolve him of his contractual liabilities. If it did then Lionel Messi could just resign from Barcelona and plot up at The Valley a couple of days later (and he obviously would do that if he could!).

Regarding the compensation, that is normal if you acquire a manager who is still under contract elsewhere. However, I can't imagine we'll get much, and I can't imagine that Thomas Sandgaard has driven a particularly hard bargain in this regard, as Birmingham's appointment of Bowyer has removed the danger of having to sack Bowyer and pay off the remainder of his contract. We might get a couple of hundred thousand for Bowyer, instead of the very real possibility of having to pay him a lot more than that to go.

• MrLargo said:
    I would imagine Bowyer not being announced is just because CAFC and Brum are sorting out compensation. 

He's still under contract though. Resigning doesn't absolve him of his contractual liabilities. If it did then Lionel Messi could just resign from Barcelona and plot up at The Valley a couple of days later (and he obviously would do that if he could!).

Regarding the compensation, that is normal if you acquire a manager who is still under contract elsewhere. However, I can't imagine we'll get much, and I can't imagine that Thomas Sandgaard has driven a particularly hard bargain in this regard, as Birmingham's appointment of Bowyer has removed the danger of having to sack Bowyer and pay off the remainder of his contract. We might get a couple of hundred thousand for Bowyer, instead of the very real possibility of having to pay him a lot more than that to go.

Thanks MrL, I can picture you sitting there composing that post whilst salivating over 2 x evenly toasted slices of bread..............that is of course if you have invested in a decent toaster.
  • MrLargo said:
    I would imagine Bowyer not being announced is just because CAFC and Brum are sorting out compensation. 

Thanks MrL, I can picture you sitting there composing that post whilst salivating over 2 x evenly toasted slices of bread..............that is of course if you have invested in a decent toaster.
    I've ordered it but it's not arrived yet. Went for cereal today, just can't face the disappointment of half bread/half charcoal anymore!
  • Birmingham don't play until tomorrow, so perhaps there was slightly less urgency up there to sort things yesterday
  • Birmingham don't play until tomorrow, so perhaps there was slightly less urgency up there to sort things yesterday
    He's probably already sorted the first team formation and the subs
  • I thought Sandgaard may have written it off, but seeing it reported we will get £350k and Sandgaard's subsequent comments, I would be surprised if this isn't the case.
  • edited March 2021
    I thought Sandgaard may have written it off, but seeing it reported we will get £350k and Sandgaard's subsequent comments, I would be surprised if this isn't the case.
    I think it's all supposition from Jordan, he wasn't talking to Sandgaard, he heard the same clip we did and has somehow arrived at us not getting any compensation...

Something that has been reported as happening (but not confirmed) had they done some research. 

BUT That wouldn't suit their agenda to sound interesting. 
  • Sponsored links:

He's probably already sorted the first team formation and the subs
    Yup. He's just told the right back he is playing left back; the left back he's being moved to right midfield; the right midfielder to wide left. And he's going to make 7 changes in all and change the formation from the one they've been playing all season.
  • If a club has to pay compensation to a manager they sack before the end of a contract, it is only fair that club receives compensation if the manager breaks the contract. There are associated costs after all. 
  • edited March 2021

I am assuming that Birmingham asked for permission to speak to Bowyer. He didn’t walk out. He only resigned once he was offered the job. So compensation is still due to Charlton but they don’t have to pay up Bowyer’s contract. I think it has worked out the best for all parties. 

I am still holding out for Wilder. I think Charlton is a much more attractive option than it was the last time he was offered the job. And TS seems like a man who could sell the project to Wilder.
  • I was a big Bowyer fan but I feel like he has done a runner, left us in the morning and reportedly training with
    Birmingham in the afternoon, to me that is a stab in the back