Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• JJ in charge tomorrow according to Sky Sports.
  • Devastated 
  • Many thanks to Lee for what he's done and Wembley will always be a great memory, but this is the right decision both for him and for the club. Will be interesting to see if JJ is left in charge for the rest of the season or whether a quick appointment will be made. With the Play-offs looking a long shot I fancy he will be given the rest of the season to see what he can do and then presumably the new man will take over next season.
  • Leaves the club in a better place than when he took over (not necessarily position wise) 

If he was ever going to leave, now was the right time I’d say.

Will go down as a great manager for us.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Gutted, Bowyer gave us our club back

I still remember the two play off campaigns and Wembley as the lasting memory. 
    You only remember Wembley because you sat next to me.
    And I bought you a pint. 

:smile:

• Lee leaves after four undefeated games. When did that last happen to a Charlton manager?
  • Sponsored links:

• LB statement just read out on Sky Sports.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Gutted, Bowyer gave us our club back

I still remember the two play off campaigns and Wembley as the lasting memory. 
    You only remember Wembley because you sat next to me.
    And I bought you a pint. 

:smile:
    Ha ha it was a great day. 
  • Sorry to see you go, now if you can take Watson with you that would be great. 
  • Really wanted him to turn this around and get us up again but the writing has been on the wall for a while.

The interview with him after the Wigan win was painful to watch 
  • I know it’s naivety, but always surprised how quick some of these managerial appointments are made, Birmingham manager only sacked yesterday. Obviously, this is if he goes Birmingham today. 
    Surely Bows couldn't be appointed today. CRB checks never come back that fast when there's a few 'entries' 
  • Glad he has gone, but the next appointment is our most pivotal since Dowie.  Stick with Jackson or a powell or Euell is mediocrity. Get Stendel in or Cowleys we will go far.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's for the best for both parties..although I wanted him to leave he gave me one of the best sporting days of my life ..thankyou for what you did for us Lee..wish you all the best 
  • We need the new manager to hit the right notes with Thomas Sandgaard.

Gareth Ainsworth and TS to rock and roll Cafc back to the Championship at the end of next season.

Caretaker till end of season. 

I have felt for some time this was an interim season where the strench of dodgy owners had sapped Lee Bowyer energy and enthusiasm. 
    Lee had hit a brick wall and this hopefully is a mutual decision and thanks for the good memories of Wembley.

• Valley11 said:
    Gutted to be honest. I think he’ll go on to be a great manager. 
    But it’s always about momentum and Lee was the right man at the wrong time. If Thomas had been owner in that Play Off season I’m sure we’d be flirting with the Champ play offs now. 
    It was the same with Powell. All that momentum counted for nothing because of terrible ownership.
    Hopefully the next bloke will get the backing and is as successful. 
    Cheers Bow. 
    Great is a bit strong. 
    Bowyer ran out of ideas and wanted out. He did his part in giving us great memories but anyone, manager or player that doesn't wanna be here has to go.

Now he has....we can move on....club will always be bigger than any person.
  • Greenie said:
    Sad about this, be careful what you wish for........
    I simply wish for a team to be positive, proactive & attacking. No meaningless passing backwards & more intent on scoring goals.

• Curbs to end of season for me too.