Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Options
    Think we need a total clearout ,Bowyer ,Jackson and Gallen the recruitment not been great the loan signings even worse.

• Options
    Same shit every week team selection wrong every game hate watching use at the moment theses players are not good enough. Amos Gunter Watson pratley shinnie Maatsen Pearce Miller Aneke oshilasa last few names thay don’t won’t to be here so let them go and go again in the summer with out bowyer.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'm so bored of it all... Bored of watching this turgid, low-chance-creation brand of football.

Bored of these threads. Bored to tears of Pratley and Watson... And this awful, awful squad who I can't wait to see the back of. 

I do think LB could get us out of this league again but if he went I would breathe a massive sigh of relief right now.

But it's pretty clear he is not going anywhere. And if you ask me, anyone who thinks different is just trying to make themselves feel better. 
    ....depends who the replacement is though. Wilder: yes please but highly, highly unlikely.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm so bored of it all... Bored of watching this turgid, low-chance-creation brand of football.

Bored of these threads. Bored to tears of Pratley and Watson... And this awful, awful squad who I can't wait to see the back of. 

I do think LB could get us out of this league again but if he went I would breathe a massive sigh of relief right now.

But it's pretty clear he is not going anywhere. And if you ask me, anyone who thinks different is just trying to make themselves feel better. 
    ....depends who the replacement is though. Wilder: yes please but highly, highly unlikely.
    That's being generous.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    There is absolutely no chance of Wilder coming to a mid table league one side. The bloke will be able to relax for a couple of months and then probably take his pick from half a dozen Championship clubs before the start of next season.

Our best chance of a top manager ready and available for this level would've been Paul Cook but obviously we missed the boat there.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    It's like we have all forgotten our most successful moments are when we have stuck by a manager and give the whole club stability. I still back Lee, he has for me until January next year, if we are not where we should be by then, then he should go. 
    You would give a manager who has been under performing for 10 months, another 10 months?

what will change in the next 10 months? Transfer windows?

the two signings made this January (for fees) don’t get a look in. As long as Watson and pratley are under contract, they will play regardless!! Nothing will change under bowyer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is absolutely no chance of Wilder coming to a mid table league one side. The bloke will be able to relax for a couple of months and then probably take his pick from half a dozen Championship clubs before the start of next season.

Our best chance of a top manager ready and available for this level would've been Paul Cook but obviously we missed the boat there.
    ...yeah, I know, which is why I said highly, highly,unlikely. However, I think it’s fair to say that most people in the game see Charlton very much as a ‘sleeping giant’ and that, coupled with having a stable, decent, minted, ambitious new owner may well be attractive to someone like Wilder who excelled at Sheff Utd. I wouldn’t say it was impossible to get him at our club.
  • Options
    Would you trust Bowyer with the money that may come from a potential Nick Pope transfer in the summer based on everything with regards to team set up, pattern of play and on and off field management style it’s a big fat no from me?

Note: This is of course based on a sell on fee that I’ve been told exists. If anyone could confirm that would justify the above opinion :)
  • Options
    Would you trust Bowyer with the money that may come from a potential Nick Pope transfer in the summer based on everything with regards to team set up, pattern of play and on and off field management style it’s a big fat no from me?

Note: This is of course based on a sell on fee that I’ve been told exists. If anyone could confirm that would justify the above opinion :)
    SLP confirmed the Pope sell on is more than 20%. That’s presumably of the profit Burnley make rather than the total fee (£1m I think?).

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-set-for-multi-million-windfall-if-liverpool-move-for-burnley-shotstopper/

Pope is now apparently valued at £50m, maybe more.

• Options
    Utterly pointless. If the owner never changed it after we hadn’t won for 4 games, he’s not going to change it when we are 4 games unbeaten at this stage of the season.

Do wonder about us as a fanbase at times, it’s definitely evolved. 
    This. There is a conversation to be had but now is not the correct time. I put it down to a forum/internet thing. Out of all the Charlton supporters I associate with, I’m the only one who is hoping for a change. 

• Options
    Thanks for explaining yourself above @AFKABartram, can see where you’re coming from now and very good point re: being stuck at home (although as others have noted, several home performances might well had earned a rather significant chorus of displeasure from a crowd in the stadium)

I’ve been of the opinion LB has had to go for several weeks now. It’s not necessarily the results but the general atmosphere. The merits of the players has been done to death, but there just seems a total change in LB’s demeanour that doesn’t leave me at all positive thinking towards a summer rebuild. Almost like he’s lost his passion - and i don’t blame him for that. 

Maybe it can be rekindled in the summer and it would be great to see that happen, but otherwise I would prefer to bring someone new in now, unless they have their eye on someone particular who might move here in summer. As has been echoed by LB, we can’t keep rebuilding with 12 new players every single year. Therefore for me, this summer is massively important and therefore the head of the operation is equally as crucial. If it’s to be LB, i hope he gets the support he wants and is able to get rid of those he has obviously lost faith in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was convinced after the Blackpool game that something had imploded and Lee may no longer have a team playing for him.  However, they have at least shown a bit of shape and organisation in the last 4 games.

I stick by what I said on the Bowyer lost it thread, I still want him to be given the summer, but with the caveat that the squad is completely overhauled if possible.  I don’t want to see Gilbey, Pearce, Pratley, Oshilaja, Purrington and a few others here next season.  If there is serious consideration to keeping those players, then I don’t think Bowyer is the man to take us forward.  If however, he wants to put together a team together that he built in 18/19, and to an extent, the team he tried to build last year, then yes, he should stay 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Chunes said:

I think there could be a slim chance of getting Wilder.  He has had a fantastic 3 seasons with United but it will be interesting to see who approaches him when positions become available. I'm not sure Premier League clubs will be giving him a call.
    If Sandgaard was to splash the cash then there is a possibility.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I was convinced after the Blackpool game that something had imploded and Lee may no longer have a team playing for him.  However, they have at least shown a bit of shape and organisation in the last 4 games.

I stick by what I said on the Bowyer lost it thread, I still want him to be given the summer, but with the caveat that the squad is completely overhauled if possible.  I don’t want to see Gilbey, Pearce, Pratley, Oshilaja, Purrington and a few others here next season.  If there is serious consideration to keeping those players, then I don’t think Bowyer is the man to take us forward.  If however, he wants to put together a team together that he built in 18/19, and to an extent, the team he tried to build last year, then yes, he should stay 
    All day long.
  • Options
    Utterly pointless. If the owner never changed it after we hadn’t won for 4 games, he’s not going to change it when we are 4 games unbeaten at this stage of the season.

Do wonder about us as a fanbase at times, it’s definitely evolved. 
      I’m curious to know what you mean by evolved? We’re basically 11th on PPG, we have a real chance of finishing in our lowest ever league position. We’ve been really poor for 18 months, i’m surprised at the amount of people who seem ok with this.
    If I’m being completely honest @c@cafcsinger
    i just think as a fanbase we’ve collectively become increasing toxic. It feels like there’s now the right to demand this and that, with a backdrop of increased infighting etc. 

We are having a bit of a nothing season, no one can deny that. It happens some times, and there’s underlying factors for this one. Managers like Parkinson, Slade and Robinson in recent years had similar nothing seasons and while there were definitely a few grumbles, there was nowhere near the level of spite, bordering hate we are seeing in the last couple of months. Especially for someone whose worn a few Charlton medals over the years. We’ve had a few better performances in the last fortnight and the second it’s dipped again, the outrage and nastiness comes out instantly.

I don’t think anyone is ok with this, but I just don’t ever remember us being that demanding. If we’d had yesterday’s draw a couple of years ago we’d have walked out the stadium saying ‘well that wasn’t a classic’ and shrugged our shoulders with the thought at least we didn’t lose. 

The situation is different at the moment though. We are stuck at home watching it getting frustrated and with none of our normal Matchday experience stuff, and then having the manager on our screen minutes later when everyone is still vexed. We’ll now go on and have a repeat for a few days of the same people saying the same thing they’ve said daily (sometimes hourly) for the last few months.

I’m sure Sandgaard will change it in the summer and I’ll support that 100%. There’s enough justification there. And if he doesn’t, I’ll be surprised, but I’ll still back it 100% until it’s clear in more normal circumstances and with the right planning going into the season that the current set up isn’t good enough.

Calling for this and that NOW in shouty capitals at this stage isn’t going to achieve anything other than more fan disagreements and increasingly spite against the current manager. It just feels so unnecessary and not particularly the fanbase I think we used to be.

Just my opinion, not saying it’s the right one. It’s just the negativity, it’s tiring at times, even if there is a degree of fairness to it. There’s not one of us that doesn’t wish the team were doing better. But each year the football league is filled with about 70 teams whose fans think they should be doing better. 
    I realise that we must always have ambition but fans seem to think we're a bigger club than we are.
    We have been in turmoil for a number of years, we have a Manager that wants the best for the club, not somebody who is in charge of what he put as a "basket case of a club", plus an owner that is laying down foundations.
    Bowyer has made mistakes, we all do.  Let him have the dough in the summer, give him till October/November then review the situation.
    When I started going to football in the mid 70's managers were given a contract and were left to get on with things for the long haul.
  • Options
    Think we need a total clearout ,Bowyer ,Jackson and Gallen the recruitment not been great the loan signings even worse.

Ah good, the first of the Sackers to address this. What about the rest of you then, you gonna sack Gallen too? And Jackson? 
  • Options
    We have too many players and not a stable 11 starters that are used to each other so much that they instinctively know where the other 10 will be, instinctively knowing where they will kick it to, instinctively backing each other up and filling gaps when somebody moves out of position. Last season we didn’t have enough of course but when you have that core team bringing one or two others in can be accommodated. We are where we are and nothing is going to change on the squad front this season but it’s clear JFC was a big loss yesterday and Washington was a massive boost. Innis is close to coming back. Between those three if they are all  playing they will be the difference in creating a core team and we will start to look a lot better. Amos will be a given so that leaves 7 places for others in the squad to try and claim as theirs. There is still plenty of time to secure a playoff place and now is the time to start doing it. 4 games without defeat is not a bad start as it happens.
  • Options
    We have too many players and not a stable 11 starters that are used to each other so much that they instinctively know where the other 10 will be, instinctively knowing where they will kick it to, instinctively backing each other up and filling gaps when somebody moves out of position. Last season we didn’t have enough of course but when you have that core team bringing one or two others in can be accommodated. We are where we are and nothing is going to change on the squad front this season but it’s clear JFC was a big loss yesterday and Washington was a massive boost. Innis is close to coming back. Between those three if they are all  playing they will be the difference in creating a core team and we will start to look a lot better. Amos will be a given so that leaves 7 places for others in the squad to try and claim as theirs. There is still plenty of time to secure a playoff place and now is the time to start doing it. 4 games without defeat is not a bad start as it happens.
    I wouldn’t say that we have too many players, rather Bowyer doesn’t seem to be able to land on his strongest starting XI which leads to chopping & changing an incredible amount. 
  • Options
    Compared to most other clubs it's hard to argue we have a toxic fanbase. I don't understand why TS would leave Bowyer in charge based on our football this season but if he decides to do so we'll just have to sit back and see what happens.
    Bowyer got us promoted through the playoffs but given the squad we had at the
     time I don't think this is as big an achievement as many are arguing. We've been pretty dire this season and whatever the limitations of the squad he has to take a large part of the responsibility.
    I will be very disappointed if we start next season with him in charge given his limitations.