Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Options
    8/1 with Skybet oddschecker
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think they are pretty one sided to be fair on the personal level and I looked at what Off It said and thought he crossed a line. Of course if you agree with his position, you may think it is acceptable. Find me something similar aimed the other way.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    @Leroy Ambrose might have some interesting opinions as to why the players look tired after playing Saturday/Tuesday a couple of times. Or perhaps some insights as to how they could improve their recovery. Does Charlton employ a sports scientist/nutritionist? 
    When you think of what pro cyclists go through day after day for three weeks (with two rest days) during the Tour de France etc without falling apart, it makes me think we could learn a lot from how they cope with the repeated exertions. In cycling they talk about hunger knock, which happens after a few hours riding if you forget to eat or drink enough and energy levels fall off a cliff. You’ll see riders going back to team cars for energy gels or bottles, or cadging them off team mates. Sometimes in matches it looks like our players haven’t recovered properly, or have a carb or glucose deficiency. 
    I just think something’s wrong if they can’t play Saturday/Tuesday a few times without falling apart, unless they’re carrying an injury.
    Or perhaps the sports are so different that there are no lessons to be learned?
     Its a valid point regarding nutritionists etc.
    I said early on in this campaign that marginal gains were going to play a big part in a wage capped league. I don't think too much has changed tbh.
     I think we were crying out for a sports psychologist months ago.
    I'm pretty sure they must have a nutritionist, along with a sports scientist and fitness coach. I ride with the fitness and conditioning coach for Blackpool, I know they have a nutritionist as well so if they've got one on staff I'm sure we have too.

It's more likely to be a lack of underlying base fitness than not enough fuelling - imagine most of the bottles they drink from have some energy source in them and they'll be taking on the right amount of fluids and carbs both pre-match and at half time.

Of course, our nutritionist and conditioning coaslching *could* be shite, for all I know - but I'd imagine we're further ahead in this regard than a lot of the lower budget teams (who we've contrived to lose to!) 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Except you comment on one but let the others go. Mind you I wasn't referring to you. You are a reasonable and polite poster as entitled to your views as anybody else is, But that is the point, look through the posts and see where the line is being crossed with no adverse comments.
  • Options
    Except you comment on one but let the others go. Mind you I wasn't referring to you. You are a reasonable and polite poster as entitled to your views as anybody else is, But that is the point, look through the posts and see where the line is being crossed with no adverse comments.
    I guess its partly a case of chicken versus the egg argument - At the same time Ive had comments and labels sent in my direction etc (I've long apologised for lowering myself for doing the later) so probably have less patience towards not letting one side go
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I guess its partly a case of chicken versus the egg argument - At the same time Ive had comments and labels sent in my direction etc (I've long apologised for lowering myself for doing the later) so probably have less patience towards not letting one side go
    Like I said, you are not the problem. For me calling fellow lifers 'Morons' for having a counter opinion crosses a line I haven't seen crossed by the other side of the argument to the same extent. Likening people who want Bowyer out as chimps does the same and these have happened in the last few pages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My worry with bowyer is that he doesn’t seem to realise where the problems lie and doesn’t do anything to change it.  He thinks we have had a few bad decisions go against us and hit the wood work a lot and are generally unlucky.

we are poor and have been all season. 
  • Options
    Has he gone yet?
  • Options
    If we get rid of Bowyer I'm hopeful we'll show a bit more ambition than Kenny Jackett, it would be a sideways step at best.
  • Options
    I think change is needed and needed now.
    I personally believe if Bowyer is manager next season he will get sacked half way through the season. 
    I just don't think he is good enough to build a squad as capable as the one he had a couple of years ago.
    Not sure Tommy sees it like that though so I expect Bowyer to be given a chance to rebuild in the summer. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    There is a phrase that many on here won't know or understand, but it is 'Stupid Loyalty'. Of course these people would rather call fellow fans morons, liars or liken them to chimps. Using the term is hardly strong compared to this. And when the argument really swings away from them, they close the thread.
    Of course the snide / personal comments dont come from the other side do they? - Lets all be grown ups here, and leave that at the door as its only going to start again, nor should we pretend that one side of the argument is innocent 
    There should never be an occasion when anybody should be subject to personal abuse for voicing their opinion. This is a forum after all and the whole point of it is to be a place where people can voice their thoughts. People will always disagree with each other but that on itself is good if everyone had the same opinions life would be as boring as watching us play at the moment 

We are all entitled to our own opinion, the rule is that we should try to understand/respect the other voice even though we may disagree with it.
  • Options
    I will be extremely disappointed if he’s manager next season and fear if he is we will be having this same conversation around December time and another season in League One will be beckoning.
    Outside the top six come November then I reckon he'll get the chop.................and I would not complain about that.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Oh dear. I hope it’s just lockdown and people venting here rather down the pub with their mates. 
  • Options
    Has he gone yet?
    In your dreams maybe
  • Options
    I will be extremely disappointed if he’s manager next season and fear if he is we will be having this same conversation around December time and another season in League One will be beckoning.
    Outside the top six come November then I reckon he'll get the chop.................and I would not complain about that.

I do wonder if your opinion would be different if you had endured the shit show the rest of us have had to watch in the last 12 months. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's staying till the end of the season, 100%.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    We could get rid and still be having that conversation in December about the next guy.

Take a look at the list of candidates for the Pompey job because that’s the same pond we’ll be fishing in. Which of these do you fancy?

Johnnie Jackson
    Kenny Jackett
    Chris Coleman
    Danny Cowley
    Neil Harris
    Phil Parkinson
    Ryan Lowe
  • Options
    We could get rid and still be having that conversation in December about the next guy.

Take a look at the list of candidates for the Pompey job because that’s the same pond we’ll be fishing in. Which of these do you fancy?

Johnnie Jackson
    Kenny Jackett
    Chris Coleman
    Danny Cowley
    Neil Harris
    Phil Parkinson
    Ryan Lowe
    So inspired by that list 
  • Options

Johnnie Jackson
    Kenny Jackett
    Chris Coleman
    Danny Cowley
    Neil Harris
    Phil Parkinson
    Ryan Lowe
    Based off record Ryan Lowe or Danny Cowley. Based off personal preference parkinson.
  • Options

Johnnie Jackson (Isnt he part of the problem?)
    Kenny Jackett (His lack of success at Pompey is a concern)
    Chris Coleman (International Manager, useless at club level)
    Danny Cowley (Unsure)
    Neil Harris (Yeaaa okay)
    Phil Parkinson (Been there, done it)
    Ryan Lowe
    Ryan Lowe the only one I'd really want
  • Options

Danny Cowley (Unsure)
    Neil Harris (Yeaaa okay)
    Ryan Lowe
     Daniel Stendal
    Ian Holloway 
    Tony Pulis
    Nigel Adkins
    Russell Martin- I'd say too early but if what he is trying to do comes to fruition he will go far.
    Ian Evett

• Options

Danny Cowley (Unsure)
    Neil Harris (Yeaaa okay)
    Ryan Lowe
     Daniel Stendal
    Ian Holloway 
    Tony Pulis
    Nigel Adkins
    Russell Martin- I'd say too early but if what he is trying to do comes to fruition he will go far.
    Ian Evett

Sorry was saying that Lowe was the only one I'd want from Callum's list, from yours...

Daniel Stendal: Absolutely, might have been me who first mentioned him as a Bowyer replacement
    Russell Martin: Another one who has really impressed me and I'd be very happy with

Ian Evett: Not too sure, he's turned things around at Bolton but a bit too unproven for me

Holloway | Pulis | Atkins are the past in Management for me now, no thanks
  • Options

Danny Cowley (Unsure)
    Neil Harris (Yeaaa okay)
    Ryan Lowe
     Daniel Stendal
    Ian Holloway 
    Tony Pulis
    Nigel Adkins
    Ian Evett

Sorry was saying that Lowe was the only one I'd want from Callum's list, from yours...

Daniel Stendal: Absolutely, might have been me who first mentioned him as a Bowyer replacement
    Russell Martin: Another one who has really impressed me and I'd be very happy with

Ian Evett: Not too sure, he's turned things around at Bolton but a bit too unproven for me

Holloway | Pulis | Atkins are the past in Management for me now, no thanks
    Yeah I know mate I was just putting a few more out there I should have been a bit clearer.  Holloway for me it would be more heart over head. At blackpool he created a loveable side that connected with the fans. Not a solid choice.