Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Options
    I will be extremely disappointed if he’s manager next season and fear if he is we will be having this same conversation around December time and another season in League One will be beckoning.
    Outside the top six come November then I reckon he'll get the chop.................and I would not complain about that.

I do wonder if your opinion would be different if you had endured the shit show the rest of us have had to watch in the last 12 months. 

Maybe, it would still not change my fundamental view on stability and patience.

• Options
    Rothko said:
    As I’ve said before, when a decision is made, maybe in the summer or later, I’m relaxed to know that Sandgaard will pick from a far more interesting and inspiring list 
    We hope...
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    As I’ve said before, when a decision is made, maybe in the summer or later, I’m relaxed to know that Sandgaard will pick from a far more interesting and inspiring list 
    We hope...
    If we end up with a so so lower league manager or someone who’s had half a good season, then the furious mob will be at it again. 
  • Options
    A question to the guys wanting Bowyer out.
    When the next manager comes in, if he was producing poor performances and results after fifteen games would you want him sacked?
  • Options
    Has he gone yet?
    In your dreams maybe

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    We hope...
    If we end up with a so so lower league manager or someone who’s had half a good season, then the furious mob will be at it again. 
    I always remember us bringing in Dowie

Think it was mentioned that he was damned good when it came to the interview - Ever since its often concerned me that we'll end up getting some twat who doesnt have a clue and will pull the wool over the eyes of TS because they're a good bullshitter
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Do we really need two threads about Bowyer where people say they want him out?
  • Options
    Make that three with the post match thread...

And if he’s lucky he sometimes gets a mention in the players marks thread too.
  • Options
    Make that three with the post match thread...

And if he’s lucky he sometimes gets a mention in the players marks thread too.
    I'm off to the grand national thread to make a joke about backing a horse called 'Bowyer Out'. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When the next manager comes in, if he was producing poor performances and results after fifteen games would you want him sacked?
    Yes. If I didn't like his hair or the way he dressed and blamed everyone but himself I'd want him out after 10 games:)
  • Options
    I will be extremely disappointed if he’s manager next season and fear if he is we will be having this same conversation around December time and another season in League One will be beckoning.
    Outside the top six come November then I reckon he'll get the chop.................and I would not complain about that.

I do wonder if your opinion would be different if you had endured the shit show the rest of us have had to watch in the last 12 months. 

Maybe, it would still not change my fundamental view on stability and patience.

If the stability is consistently churning out poor football and below average results that’s not the stability I want 
  • Options
    No, bowyer has had 3 years
    Not been a s*** three years though.
    Yeah don’t deal in facts, deal in revisionism 
  • Options
    and in that time he’s got us to the playoffs playing decent football with a good team, won in the playoffs with a team where now the players are all playing at a higher level but they weren’t so much before that season, got us relegated having the lowest budget in the championship by miles but sooo close and now had a fairly shitty season in league one with a bunch of misfits where he’s lost it a bit.

May just be me but there were good reasons for the Alezz, allezz chant and other bowyer supporting chants that weren’t just because of the ownership situations. 

Our main problem this season and half of last is that bowyer really needs a box to box midfielder of some quality in his teams. If not then he needs someone who can both defend and attack and keep play moving.

I think JFC has been the best he’s found out if the current players. He’s like it to be Morgan and he’s improving. Gilbey I though was supposed to do that but hasn’t. 
  • Options
    Not fifteen but after saying 25 I probably would, although there are a lot more variables, such as the squad. None of us know how much we’re going to spend because in Bowyer’s defence, we need an overhaul, the squads not good enough. He has to take some responsibility for that, although I appreciate the circumstances to build a promotion winning squad were difficult 

I personally don’t just want Bowyer sacked because we’re not going up. I have zero faith that he’s the man to build a promotion winning squad in the summer. For that reason I don’t want him given 10-15 games because it would be his squad and if we start poorly you are looking at writing off another season. 
  • Options
    Please Please Please take Bowyer Birmingham.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    We hope...
    You can’t keep Bowyer on the basis someone else might be worse. Although if he does go I do want someone with a recent promotion on their CV. Ryan Lowe and Russell Martin are promising managers but for me I’d rather someone a little more proven. In all honesty nobody other than Danny Cowley really springs to mind. Unless we can poach someone like Paul Warne if Rotherham go down. Having said that, although they’ve not spent much and were up against it, do you want to appoint someone who has just been relegated? Probably not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depends who it is, with a manager like Slade for example you know what you are getting early. If it's a young manager and we completely rebuild the squad then no.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    We hope...
    You can’t keep Bowyer on the basis someone else might be worse. Although if he does go I do want someone with a recent promotion on their CV. Ryan Lowe and Russell Martin are promising managers but for me I’d rather someone a little more proven. In all honesty nobody other than Danny Cowley really springs to mind. Unless we can poach someone like Paul Warne if Rotherham go down. Having said that, although they’ve not spent much and were up against it, do you want to appoint someone who has just been relegated? Probably not. 
    Im not saying that we keep Bowyer on the basis someone else might be worse... Im just saying there is never the guarantee that Sandgaard will be able to find someone more interesting and inspiring 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What was the LOL for @Redrobo?
    Sorry, it was meant to be a like so have amended.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    We hope...
    Im not saying that we keep Bowyer on the basis someone else might be worse... Im just saying there is never the guarantee that Sandgaard will be able to find someone more interesting and inspiring 
    Strange one because Bowyer wasn't an interested or inspiring candidate. I don't think many chairman would have appointed him, he was an easy appointment from an owner who didn't give a shit. We're not going to get a big name appointment, we're a League 1 club who at best are going to finish around 8/9th. Sandgaard might be able to sell the project but talk of people like Wilder and Howe are ridiculous. I personally think it will be a League 1 manager who is overachieving or an assistant/coach from a Premier League team. I can't really think of an overachieving manager, Coleman or Appleton probably the only two who immediately spring to mind from the top half. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Rothko said:
    We hope...
    Strange one because Bowyer wasn't an interested or inspiring candidate. I don't think many chairman would have appointed him, he was an easy appointment from an owner who didn't give a shit. We're not going to get a big name appointment, we're a League 1 club who at best are going to finish around 8/9th. Sandgaard might be able to sell the project but talk of people like Wilder and Howe are ridiculous. I personally think it will be a League 1 manager who is overachieving or an assistant/coach from a Premier League team. I can't really think of an overachieving manager, Coleman or Appleton probably the only two who immediately spring to mind from the top half. 
    Absolutely, we always have to remember that we quite simply got lucky with Bowyer being hired at the time

It'll be interesting if Sandgaard has been watching other Managers against us and has liked what he's seen from them; Ryan Lowe and Russell Martin for example, of course we see them in one game and like Scott Fraser want them for ourselves, but we have to question if they're not higher at this level because they cant get the consistency or whether its the restraints they're working under.

Really hope we dont go for John Coleman though, reminds of Keith Hill a bit, both Northern versions of Alan Curbishley who I dont think could replicate their form at a club with higher expectations

Neil Critchley is a potentially good example of someone from the U23s in the Premier League. Jody Morris an option perhaps, unemployed along with Frank Lampard (who we wouldnt stand a chance of getting) but is Jody himself ready to step out and go it alone himself yet?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Let Bowyer have till Christmas.
    What's half a season amongst friends.
    What's gutting for me if he does go is his managerial career at us would of always been under a cloud.
    Give him a fresh season.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I totally agree. He just needs to be able to entice someone with his vision, his ambition and sell it to them. We need to aim higher than most of those names mentioned. (Russell Martin is worth keeping an eye on in my opinion).