Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's got to go (ed. p23 CAFCOfficial twitter confirm he's gone)

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    There's no point him going right now if whoever comes in at that point isn't a clear and immediate improvement straight away.

My own feelings are that TS already has a plan of some sort, what Bowyer's part in that (or Jackson's, or Gallen's) is remains to be seen. But his (seemingly uncharacteristic) lack of public commentary suggests to me that forums and fan discussion are not going to be decisive. 
    How can you know that though? 
    Probably I phrased it badly. What I meant was there is no point replacing Bowyer with a short term, caretaker type right now. The damage is done in terms of this season. Play offs are still technically a mathematical possibility but head over heart I don't think a single one of us expected us to actually get there and win.

So if Bowyer IS going to be replaced, TS needs to do the research, draw up a shortlist and choose very carefully about what happens next.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    There's no point him going right now if whoever comes in at that point isn't a clear and immediate improvement straight away.

My own feelings are that TS already has a plan of some sort, what Bowyer's part in that (or Jackson's, or Gallen's) is remains to be seen. But his (seemingly uncharacteristic) lack of public commentary suggests to me that forums and fan discussion are not going to be decisive. 
    How can you know that though? 
    Probably I phrased it badly. What I meant was there is no point replacing Bowyer with a short term, caretaker type right now. The damage is done in terms of this season. Play offs are still technically a mathematical possibility but head over heart I don't think a single one of us expected us to actually get there and win.

So if Bowyer IS going to be replaced, TS needs to do the research, draw up a shortlist and choose very carefully about what happens next.
    Fair enough and I agree, I don't see the point in sacking Bowyer and appointing someone like Euell until the end of the season. If Sandgaard however is preparing to sack Bowyer in the summer, I think it would be better to do it now and give the new manager time to assess the squad before the summer window. I suspect Sandgaard is a man of his word and will let Bows have the season because he can't technically say he failed the make the play offs, however unlikely that looks now. 

I do think whether Sandgaard is or isn't going to be sacking him before the start of next season though, that Ruddy is advising him regarding the next manager. I'd be shocked if the research hasn't started, although to what extend I have no idea. 
  • Options
    Bowyer has been extremely lucky that he's managed during a period of no fans in the ground. The atmosphere at home games since December would've been toxic and i'm sure Sandgaard would've had to get rid by now.
    But there’s an argument to say if there was fans we wouldn’t have lost all those games . Not sure why why I’m making excuses for bows because we’ve been bloody awful and it’s probably the worst football I’ve seen in 35 years . He has to go .
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    You don't become successful by following what Dave Smith on a forum says is a good idea. 

As carmaker Henry Ford once said, "If I'd asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."
    We could do a lot worse than listen to what Dave Smith on a forum says .
    Dave Smith next manager 15/1
  • Options
    Bowyer has been extremely lucky that he's managed during a period of no fans in the ground. The atmosphere at home games since December would've been toxic and i'm sure Sandgaard would've had to get rid by now.
    Except that for a few of the games, with a home crowd we would probably have won. 
  • Options
    But there’s an argument to say if there was fans we wouldn’t have lost all those games . Not sure why why I’m making excuses for bows because we’ve been bloody awful and it’s probably the worst football I’ve seen in 35 years . He has to go .
    So the no fans at away games with decent enough results is cos the home team haven’t got their fans ...
    it’s not like we’re playing under different conditions to everyone else 
  • Options
    Was saying that on Saturday. Coming back from 1-0 down with 20 mins to go on Saturday I would have expected the atmosphere to really force a winner in that game. However, performance went flat after we scored 
  • Options
    Lots of conjecture in here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe we would have not lost a lot of the games that we did if fans had been in the ground .. As the Accrington manager said they were lucky to play Charlton when there were no fans in the valley as the fans are a goal start and it’s a very difficult place to go .... let’s get a bit of reality look at Liverpool form at Anfield with no fans in the Kop ...  
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I believe we would have not lost a lot of the games that we did if fans had been in the ground .. As the Accrington manager said they were lucky to play Charlton when there were no fans in the valley as the fans are a goal start and it’s a very difficult place to go .... let’s get a bit of reality look at Liverpool form at Anfield with no fans in the Kop ...  
    That's just bull to make his players feel like they really achieved something.

The only thing that is a goal start is when you score early.

All the old clichés are grinding when used as excuses.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Starting to think the Play offs would be an unwanted distraction now. It means, should we make them that the season will finish some weeks behind the rest of this league and the championship in terms of getting contracts sorted,bringing new players in , pre season training etc. We've been here before!
    Should we make them, we would be on the back foot again for next season's campaign, regardless of what league we find ourselves in when they're done and dusted. And thus the odds for next season on us either making automatic promotion from league one or avoiding relegation from the championship a lot longer.

Scrub this season now. Keep or Bring in the management you see best to take us forward. Get the squad sorted to a level that is good enough for an top two spot and with a couple of additions good enough to stay in the championship should we get there.

It would be nice for once to start a season on the front foot. For far too long now we've gone into campaigns Ill prepared for any sort of success.
  • Options
    Rumour he's gone, think Birmingham. 
  • Options
    Would LOL at that. Poisoned Chalice, but they have money right?
  • Options
    Just done a sweep of twitter & newsnow, can't see the Bowyer has gone rumour anywhere. 
  • Options
    I dont think LB would go anywhere if he leaves us. He doesnt need to does he and if he isnt enjoying management why not go sit at his lake ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer to Birmingham would be good for all parties 
  • Options
    The Birmingham Mail has reported that Bowyer is a leading contender for the job. As a lot of Brum fans are wanting him. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The Birmingham Mail has reported that Bowyer is a leading contender for the job. As a lot of Brum fans are wanting him. 
    can we get them to buy Pratley & Watson as well ?
    probably. don't think I've ever met a smart Birmingham fan. 
  • Options
    I don't even think Karanka has been officially sacked yet!!
  • Options
    It's expected that Karanka out and replacement in are both to be announced today. (Several Twitter accounts with blue ticks)

• Options
    Rumour from inside the club?
  • Options
    Source?