Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• For those with a problem with his name ,I would hope the comments are tongue in cheek

If not just grow up

Are you called Nigel by any chance?
  • Phil said:
    Whether you feel Adkins is the right man (I don't) it's such a missed chance to give it to Jacko. Can see him managing at another club. Sincerely I hope I'm wrong on both counts btw. 
    I think JJ needs time to develop his management skills before taking on a team full time.

If we are serious about getting to the Prem, JJ really doesn’t have the experience. He needs a tutor and mentor like Adkins to bring him along. 
  • surprised he's on twitter. could be a big mistake knowing that like all clubs we have some right fuckwits on there. 

Already explained why in an interview.
  • How much mileage can we get out of his name being Nigel?
    How about:

'And even with a Nigel, we're f****** dynamite'
    I like that 👍🏼
  • Haven't read the whole thread, but smirking at the amount of people saying they were underwhelmed by Adkins, "but then I did some research".
    LOL. What are you, a fecking librarian?
    Like nobody was aware of Adkins career path, having lived in a bubble for the last 10+ years.
    I am reading those posts as "had an impulsive OTT negative reaction because I expected "the one", but having read the rest of this thread I feel a bit of a tit and changed my mind"  ;)
    Anyway, welcome Nigel, I am excited foe the first time for months and wish you all the best.
    Best wishes from a tit that changed his mind.  :)
    An attitude that is indicative of all that is wrong with the modern world, where people who actively make an effort to educated themselves and improve their knowledge are somehow looked down upon.
    He didn't mean it like that
  • Theres a clue in my user name
  • Tutt-Tutt said:
    Not for me. Would have preferred Jacko as the no.1.

Can I have £1 for every time he says "we are gonna work hard"?
    Did you get a £1 for every time bowyer said ‘ they gave me everything!!?🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Fuck, looks it's going to be a Pratley/Watson midfield.

#ADKINSOUT
    Or he's telling them they won't be playing.
  • For those with a problem with his name ,I would hope the comments are tongue in cheek

If not just grow up

Alright Dad 🙄
  • While not the person I would have thought about,and after initial reservations I think this may prove to be a shrewd appointment. At the moment we have a lot of senior players who may respond more positively to the more measured approach that Adkins is likely to bring and, although unlikely, it might just get us into the playoffs. His record is pretty good and perhaps will give the team and indeed the whole club, an authority  that has been missing. Sensible to keep JJ although the comments made about the poor quality of coaching are valid.He was a goalkeeper so he could do some work with Amos.
    We are not a Premiership club so in all the circumstances a positive choice.
  • Five years ago would have been delighted.

Now I have a slight doubt over what he's done since and does he still have it but his CV is very impressive, his teams play "good" football, he gets teams up and he develops young players so considering we are a league one side I think it's a very good appointment.  Keeping JJ is very good news too.

Like any Charlton boss or player I only wish him the very best of luck.

Now, when can he do a Bromley Addicks meeting @Tracey? : - )
    You're envious of all the promotes?  

;) 
  • Crusty54 said:
    MattF said:
    Fuck, looks it's going to be a Pratley/Watson midfield.

#ADKINSOUT
    Or he's telling them they won't be playing.
    #ADKINSIN

If not just grow up

Alright Dad 🙄
    Oi, any more of that and it's straight to bed with no tea
  • Pleased.  We’ve moved quickly, Nigel gets time to try and work his new manager bounce for a run at the play offs, and if we don’t make it he has 10 games and a summer to build a team he thinks can go up. 

All up for the last 10 games now and hopefully the football will be more attractive to watch and we can give a good go of it 
  • Sponsored links:

• As I said previously, whoever TS appointed that's fine by me. I think Adkins, for now, is the right fit and we may, just may, have an opportunity to get promoted this season. However if its planning for the 21/22 to start the climb up the leagues then again Adkins is the right fit. I wish him and of course JJ all the very best.
  • Is the press conference on anywhere? SSN?
  • Early thoughts = our Nigel is better than all of Palace's combined. 
  • Theres a clue in my user name
    Alright Ash 😘
  • Was hoping for Howe but I’m happy enough with Adkins. He has a proven track record and I’m ready to back him all the way, with a play-off spot top of the agenda. 
     Welcome aboard, Nigel. Can’t wait until we are back at The Valley and singing your name. 
    Delighted JJ is staying. 
  • I cant wait for Nigel ATkins to become the latest Callum HarriottS in Charlton mis pronounced folklore.
  • Yep, not disappointed or underwhelmed at all, I think it’s the sort of sensible appointment we need as a club. Good luck and welcome mr Adkins
  • I'm a fan of Nigel, i think he could be a decent appointment. I'd imagine he will add one or 2 to his backroom staff which i would actually want him to do, but i see this working out well for us, lets hope that's the case. His PPG is actually pretty decent also.