Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    He’s gone quiet lately…
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thought I'd bump this old pic of smiler Nige, just for old times sake, C'mon Nige, how about another update on where we are..hoped we would be.. B)
    Losing's shit, playing shit's shit. getting booed's shit, having no players is shit......etc.......
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thought I'd bump this old pic of smiler Nige, just for old times sake, C'mon Nige, how about another update on where we are..hoped we would be.. B)
    Losing's shit, playing shit's shit. getting booed's shit, having no players is shit......etc.......
         Not history.. news ;) ..something we don't already know, dare I say something positive, we need something from within that is not just old old shite regurgitated, realise more chance of pissing into the wind and not getting wet  B)
  • Options
    He’s gone quiet lately…
    I can only trust that he hasn’t been sleeping well. 
  • Options
    He’s gone quiet lately…
    Thing is, there is a lot of quiet in all aspects not just Nige..sometimes it is just tooo quiet, all is not good within the camp.
  • Options
    He’s had Covid, may not yet be feeling himself quite yet and knows full well that if he was broadcasting very cheery messages each morning while we are in a difficult spell, he would get pelters. I am sure that as and when the house is back in order we will be reminded how good walking is and what a positive disposition our manager has. 

Btw, I do miss the messages, in general, as I think they are very uplifting. 
  • Options
    He’s gone quiet lately…
    Thing is, there is a lot of quiet in all aspects not just Nige..sometimes it is just tooo quiet, all is not good within the camp.
    Agreed. We’ve heard nothing since Saturday and there aren’t even any transfer rumours.
    We’ve heard nothing from Jacko which is very unusual. 
    We really need to hear from someone even if to just expectations!
  • Options
    I think Nigel has the good sense to discontinue happy clappy  messages while we are all clearly peed off. It’s one think trying to cheer us up but at the moment it could come over as a piss take or a sign that he’s deluded (which I don’t think he is). 
    Agreed. Plus even being as positive as he is, he's probably not exactly thrilled by anything going on either on the pitch or behind the scenes. He might be a natural optimist but I imagine that's being pushed to it's limits right now.
  • Options
    I think Nigel has the good sense to discontinue happy clappy  messages while we are all clearly peed off. It’s one think trying to cheer us up but at the moment it could come over as a piss take or a sign that he’s deluded (which I don’t think he is). 
    Maybe he should broadcast a video of him still in bed

"Morning all, walking is great but the extra hour in bed is much better"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Maybe he should broadcast a video of him still in bed

"Morning all, walking is great but the extra hour in bed is much better"
    "Morning all - fuck walking, it's pissing it down out there so I'm staying in bed."
  • Options
    Maybe now would be a good time for Nige to do one of his positive takes videos on the window additions, more relevant now than many of the earlier ones, instead of just spin put some meat on the bones for the season ahead, come on Gaffa, we are all ears... B)
  • Options
    Does he only share these on Twitter?
  • Options
    Welcome back Gaffer, good to catch up with your stroll round Sparrows, given up on the trains then,..shame 'cos trains are brilliant B) ..for all you who dislike these  videos, you know who to blame now eh...Paul!, personally I don't have a problem with them..
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Yeah from what I've seen
  • Options
    Something something just win games, something something.

Grumble grumble why have a personalty and interests out of just Charlton winning games grumble grumble. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Gribbo said:
    Yeah from what I've seen
    Yeah, and some people say that is too much.. B)
  • Options
    I hope we continued to see and hear the walking words and positive poetic proses from the bard of Sparrows lane, because not only are they uplifting in a Golfie world of negative default modes but it means the team have won the odd game. B)  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    clive said:
    Morning Nige, good to see you up nice n early, not got 3 goals for today, now tomorrow, well, would be nice to see 3 goals then eh wouldn't it!!,.... keep it up Gaffer B)
  • Options
    Morning everyone, sun is shining, birds are singing and the drugs from last night have just been topped up with a monster line of speed. The tabs will kick in in an hour and then we start again, the sun will be shining even more brightly, the bird song will sound like the combination of Mozart and Beethoven and  en Watson will once again look like a worldbeater.

it’s a pleasure to see the sun rise. Especially after a decent night up, I’m feeling good abs ready to go again. Walking is brilliant and looking forward to bringing that understanding to the wider club through our new ‘substance placement’ partners and in ground vendors.

try and keep a smile on your face and, if it starts to slip please approach one of our discrete retailers in the ground. 

Love you all, every day is a school day. 
  • Options
    I hope our 3 goals for the day tomorrow are a header into the bottom corner, a penalty box tap in from a cross for the wings and a long shot!
  • Options
    With no trains on the Sidcup line today due to a derailment, poor old Nige's day is fecked up before it has started!
    Wonder what today's three goals are...
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    No!
    No Nigel you are so wrong.
    First thing in the morning you throw back the covers to give the bed a good airing before you make it two or three hours later, or in the evening.
    Unless you’re having visitors.

• Options
    Got to admire Nige for running another video this morning, no more smiley smiley, very reflective on what has happened and the day ahead...hope you packed your whip Nige to get those lot working as a team..mind you,..buck stops with you mate.. B)
    With no hashtags for walking, talking and smiling, I am feeling distinctly short-changed!
  • Options
    Glad to see this side of him. That first half was atrocious and the players showed more desire in the pre-match warmup than when the game begun?!