Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Stand to be renamed after Sir Alan Curbishley

Comments

• Options
    Happy about this .
  • Options
    No Joe Ledley stand?
  • Options
    Rename the West Stand the Sam Bartram Stand and I'd be very happy
  • Options
    I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing - Hopefully Charlton will be around for many hundreds of years yet to come

Yet what if four Managers in that time dwarf the achievements of Curbishley and Seed etc.

Should they take their respective stand names, as the only advantage Curbs and Seed have is they came before them
  • Options
    But also very happy with this!
  • Options
    Shame there’s no touch on ‘the east terrace’ being part of our history , not quite as much as curbs but still!

classy act nonetheless 
  • Options
    Praps
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Praps
    Aren't you supposed to say "Pardon me" after doing that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100% deserved. The ultimate Charlton icon.
  • Options
    Good news 👍
  • Options
    Legend and deserves this honour. 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    And etc. Praps Marsden and JD will be on hand to cut the tape at the grand opening...

Great news though...
  • Options
    Our history won’t end here but in our adventures so far the name Alan Curbishley stands very tall in our relatively modest achievements. I have 100% support for this well deserved tribute. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely brilliant idea. It’s fantastic to have an owner who makes great decisions. 
  • Options
    I had to check this wasn't started on April 1st. Does that make me a bad person?
  • Options
    NW quadrant to be names “the Cristian Cebellos corner”
    Wouldn't ever make it.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    I had to check this wasn't started on April 1st. Does that make me a bad person?
    I checked too, it shows we're not used to a decent owner.
  • Options
    Fantastic news! Not before time. It would be great to honour some others although not everyone can have a stand of course!
  • Options
    Yeah nice. Curbs will be well chuffed I imagine
  • Options
    I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing - Hopefully Charlton will be around for many hundreds of years yet to come

Yet what if four Managers in that time dwarf the achievements of Curbishley and Seed etc.

Should they take their respective stand names, as the only advantage Curbs and Seed have is they came before them
    That's optimistic thinking!

I can imagine our manager in 2050 being really pissed off that despite winning the PL 3 times and the Champions League twice, he won't get a stand named after him because Adkins and Albie Morgan nabbed the other 2  :D
    Will it not be possible to have a 5-sided ground in your fantasy world?