Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Stand to be renamed after Sir Alan Curbishley

Comments

• Options
    Cracking news. 
  • Options
    Nice one. Not before time. Let's hope there's an Adkins Stand in 25 years time.

More likely to be a Johnnie jackson stand.

Next in line would obviously be guy Luzon
  • Options
    Good news, fully deserved.
  • Options
    I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing - Hopefully Charlton will be around for many hundreds of years yet to come

Yet what if four Managers in that time dwarf the achievements of Curbishley and Seed etc.

Should they take their respective stand names, as the only advantage Curbs and Seed have is they came before them
    That's optimistic thinking!

I can imagine our manager in 2050 being really pissed off that despite winning the PL 3 times and the Champions League twice, he won't get a stand named after him because Adkins and Albie Morgan nabbed the other 2  :D
    Will it not be possible to have a 5-sided ground in your fantasy world?
    We already have five stands. We have two northern quadrants, not strictly North stand areas.

In 2050 I hope we have: 

The Jimmy Seed Stand (South)
    The Alan Curbishley Stand (East)
    The Cupboard End (yes Covered End/North)
    The Adkin's Stand (West)
    The Jason Euell NE Quadrant 
    The Johnnie Jackson NW Quadrant
    The Osei Sankofa SW Quadrant 

and of course, the Reza Ghoochannejhad SE quadrant. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    EastStand said:
    Well this is awkward. 
    You can change your user name.
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    Well this is awkward. 
    I've been waiting for you to chime in :D
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    EastStand said:
    Well this is awkward. 
    ?🤔

It's because their name is East Stand and it will no longer be accurate. 
  • Options
    His? Dazzler, update your CL files!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Leuth said:
    Doh You're quite right and I vaguely remember now! @EastStand apologies lad. M'lady.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Doh You're quite right and I vaguely remember now! @EastStand apologies lad. M'lady.

No offence taken fine sir. 
  • Options
    This is cool, but can't help thinking that without Lennie then none of what came after would have been possible. All good though COYA!
  • Options
    Great news! And he’s proper chuffed and I think Thomas must have seen the legendary status Curbs is held in. I asked him to get him involved when Bow was struggling and then sacked but a stand is a nice second! 
  • Options
    Very happy with this news and richly deserved. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    RM won't be happy ! No stand named after him
    No, I’m ok about it.
  • Options
    I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing - Hopefully Charlton will be around for many hundreds of years yet to come

Yet what if four Managers in that time dwarf the achievements of Curbishley and Seed etc.

Should they take their respective stand names, as the only advantage Curbs and Seed have is they came before them
    I would let the future sort out that little conundrum.

In the years to come, after we've won the Prem title and Champions League in successive years (we won't mention that seasons FA Cup 3rd Round defeat to League 2 Millwall),
    no doubt we'll be playing at The New Valley, in front of 100,000 crowds and some of us will be sitting in the Thomas Sandgaard stand.

And Match of the Day will be on Valley Pass.  :smile:

• Options
    Fantastic. Delighted that Sir Alan Curbishley is getting a stand named after him. Sums up our new ownership too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Long overdue, really pleased it has happened 
  • Options

I’d leave that for the aliens to worry about mate
  • Options
    Will just call it the East Stand regardless 😉
  • Options
    Pleased we have honoured Curbs for all the success he brought to the club.  Glad it hasn't been left to long as it was with Jimmy Seed.  
  • Options
    Great Stuff...well done the club & congratulations Curbs,your Legacy will live long...👍
  • Options
    good stuff - he turned us from a joke club back to a proper respected football club - jimmy seed was before my time so as far as i am concerned, Alan Curbishley is the most influential figure in charlton's history - massive respect for the man and what he did for us - he also smashed the millwall hoodoo - there is no greater legend in this club's history and i would love him to get involved again.   
  • Options
    Excellent.  Does the stand close after we get 40 points in a season?
    Hmm... now now people choose to forget anything negative about Curbs time. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    good stuff - he turned us from a joke club back to a proper respected football club - jimmy seed was before my time so as far as i am concerned, Alan Curbishley is the most influential figure in charlton's history - massive respect for the man and what he did for us - he also smashed the millwall hoodoo - there is no greater legend in this club's history and i would love him to get involved again.   
    I know what you mean but you’ll be doing historians out of a job ;-)
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    Well this is awkward. 
    @eaststandmike will have to get creative with a new name too!