Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Stand to be renamed after Sir Alan Curbishley

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely deserved 

• Options
    Great news and a well deserved gesture. 
  • Options
    I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing - Hopefully Charlton will be around for many hundreds of years yet to come

Yet what if four Managers in that time dwarf the achievements of Curbishley and Seed etc.

Should they take their respective stand names, as the only advantage Curbs and Seed have is they came before them
    I don’t actually think we (or any other club) will end up having a manager for more than 5 years nowadays. Long gone are the days of managers being somewhere for the time the likes of Curbs, Ferguson, Wenger etc etc stayed with a club. Even when managers win multiple trophies it’s seems they leave their club. I have no doubt Pep will leave Man City as soon as they win the Champions league. 
  • Options
    I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing - Hopefully Charlton will be around for many hundreds of years yet to come

Yet what if four Managers in that time dwarf the achievements of Curbishley and Seed etc.

Should they take their respective stand names, as the only advantage Curbs and Seed have is they came before them
    Think that's the definition of a good headache!
  • Options
    How great is it having an owner that not only listens and takes onboard fans opinions but swiftly acts on those learnings. Love the picture of Alan and Thomas, two names who will live long in the memory of Charlton Athletic for generations to come.
  • Options

Then the myth that we all wanted Curbs to go will have to start again (not that it ever went away)
  • Options

Is there something beyond a “lol” that one can give ?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Praps
    Aren't you supposed to say "Pardon me" after doing that?
    Praps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's optimistic thinking!

I can imagine our manager in 2050 being really pissed off that despite winning the PL 3 times and the Champions League twice, he won't get a stand named after him because Adkins and Albie Morgan nabbed the other 2  :D
    Will it not be possible to have a 5-sided ground in your fantasy world?
    By then the ground will home 80000 and have a sliding roof, so the manager can have the roof named after him
  • Options
    I am completely in favour.
  • Options
    Great news.......

• Options

I don’t actually think we (or any other club) will end up having a manager for more than 5 years nowadays. Long gone are the days of managers being somewhere for the time the likes of Curbs, Ferguson, Wenger etc etc stayed with a club. Even when managers win multiple trophies it’s seems they leave their club. I have no doubt Pep will leave Man City as soon as they win the Champions league. 
    As will Adkins when we win it
  • Options
    West Stand rename to the Derek Hales stand surely ?
  • Options
    Fantastic news...CAFC Legend !
  • Options
    should of been the west stand but anyway well deserved. 
  • Options
    Well deserved.....we can also re-name the Toilets after Lyle Taylor. The Taylor shitter
  • Options
    Richly deserved, well done Curbs.

Yep should have been the West stand.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    NM18 said:
    Well deserved.....we can also re-name the Toilets after Lyle Taylor. The Taylor shitter
    Prefer the southall shit hole.
  • Options
    Well deserved
  • Options
    Definitely need a Lennie Lawrence bar or something. God knows he deserves it.
    The Lennie Lawrence Covered End
  • Options
    RM won't be happy ! No stand named after him
  • Options
    No Joe Ledley struggles to stand?

Fixed it!
  • Options
    I heard Donny were going to put another level on the Keepmoat and call it the Marquis Tier
  • Options
    A Charlton legend will have the stand named after them - why not him?
  • Options
    Great news

It's well deserved and glad he's chuffed.

Sat in the east stand quite a lot. Nearest block to the covered end.

I will be enthusiastically getting a good round of praps beers in the curbs stand when attending the valley next becomes possible
  • Options
    Nice one. Not before time. Let's hope there's an Adkins Stand in 25 years time.