Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic| Tue 20 April

Comments

• Options
    What a great night.......6-0 away from home, everyone played their part and it was an excellent team performance. Its all back in our hands now, play off place is ours to take, other results went our way, now is the time to be as positive as possible and lets see if Wembley can call us again!!! great night and goodnight!!
  • Options
    Glad to say on the pre match thread I predicted exactly this score.
  • Options
    2nd in form past 5.  
  • Options
    Just been on the Sunderland fans forum - all sound very p***ed off with their manager.

Was a big opportunity for them tonight - Peterborough lost and Sunderland were leading vs Hull. Could've put them back in the automatic race. They've probably fucked it now though.
  • Options
    More or less perfect.
  • Options
     B E A utiful. 
  • Options
    Our press was unbelievable tonight. No team can play against constant team press that intense. Unreal performance all round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why don't we just give up and let the season finish now? Can we all be a bit positive about our team and players and drive for promotion together?
  • Options
    3 points 6 Goals and a clean sheet.
    confidence and a smart manager makes 
    confidence 👍👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Pearce is still keeping his spot for me, was very good tonight. As was DJ and Millar so I don't envy Adkins picking a side.
  • Options
    Not too shabby, can’t complain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Did we really only get one foul committed on us in 90+ mins? That must be very rare.
  • Options
    Our goal difference now the same as Pompey's, which could yet make the difference too.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Flippin’ delighted, particularly as the knives were starting to be sharpened for Adkins. ‘Professor Positive’ has turned out to be... positive :-)

Still improvements required. We started horrendously slowly again. Should have scored 7 (Chuks!). And, er that’s about it.

We’re developing a cutting edge, and real solidity at the back, which augers well. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Credit to Sandgaard for paying for a hotel tonight and a proper recovery tomorrow - talking the talk and walking the walk.

Got a few players going noticeably better than a few weeks ago - Amos, Pearce, Gilbey, Jaiyesimi, dare I say Watson? 

Curbs saying he likes Millar a lot is enough for me as well. He was my MOM tonight.

Hopefully Plymouth have the usual post-thrashing backlash in their next game - away at Oxford.
    It's amazing what a defined shape and gameplan will do for even limited players...
  • Options
    A draw on Saturday became a good result after today.
  • Options
    Great match, great standard of football, great coverage, great to read all the positive comments. Super result and very professional all round 
  • Options
    Wow not just the goals but a fantastic defensive display. All round perfect performance.