Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic| Tue 20 April

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Are we on the unbeaten run yet?
  • Options
    Blimey that was alright weren't it! Look so much more cohesive, organised and together as a group. I was apprehensive about tonight but fancied us Saturday at home to Peterborough for some reason. Squad looks very strong. Everyone was superb tonight. Roll on Saturday
  • Options
    What a night,that was immense,we were getting battered 1st ten minutes,but our defence kept at it,with the blocks & winning 2nd ball...that gave us the foundation to turn it around & boy didn’t we just...well played Nads & Lads,all in our own hands now...can we...?

Up The Addicks
  • Options
    Our pressing game even at 6 up was brilliant all night. Weathered the fast start from Plymouth and we were patient and clinical. Do we start believing? The players seem to be!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb performance tonight and everyone played their part . Cannot wait for Saturday. 
  • Options
    Adkins post match chat about recovery, sleep, hydration, eating, warm downs tomorrow was excellent.  Never heard a manager talk like that before - just sensible, well thought out stuff.  Our horrible injury list will become a thing of the last under him I think.

Loved Brownie after we got our 4th he said "well that's game over for me I think"... 😂

Great, clinical performance from the whole team, some really excellent goals and the defenders and Amos also played their part strongly.  Plymouth are a decent side who move the ball nicely so that was a big win.

If we could beat Peterborough I may even start believing.

Turns out he ain't proper Charlton after all.
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing to complain about tonight, fantastic result. Can only imagine how much the boys are buzzing tonight. Adkins has spread the positivity at a time it was most needed and we head into the final stretch with our tails up, belief high and no doubt a unified changing room. From being despondent at the thought of a totally wasted season a few short weeks ago I now believe we have a great chance of finishing the job in fine style.

COYA!!!!
  • Options
    Curbs is a canny old git. 

He said before KO that he liked the look of the back four and they certainly held strong in the all important first 15 minutes.
  • Options
    jonno said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Did we really only get one foul committed on us in 90+ mins? That must be very rare.
    Plymouth were a soft touch tonight, they tried to play some nice stuff but needed more steel
  • Options
    If we can keep the run going errr I'm going to say it .............. we are going up !  😳😳
  • Options
    Why don't we just give up and let the season finish now? Can we all be a bit positive about our team and players and drive for promotion together?
    What?
    I'm not sure that the other teams in the division will go along with that.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    MattF said:
    Pearce is still keeping his spot for me, was very good tonight. As was DJ and Millar so I don't envy Adkins picking a side.

He's attracted a lot of fair criticism in the last year, but Pearcy has been faultless in recent weeks.
    Agreed, I gave him loads of stick, but he has been very good lately. And that’s all I ask when our players put on  the shirt. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result .
    well proud 
    COYA 
  • Options
    A dull 6-0 win. 
  • Options
    Why don't we just give up and let the season finish now? Can we all be a bit positive about our team and players and drive for promotion together?
    What?
    I'm not sure that the other teams in the division will go along with that.

It was a reference to some comments after Saturday!
  • Options
    Can’t believe we didn’t go for the Cowleys or Cook 
    Well they've done well haven't they ?  :D Bet Pompey are glad they only gave them a contract until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Massive well done to the boys today. Big shout out to Gilbey and Watson who I have been critical of this season they were superb today. Some very good goals today and a very good performance after some scares in the first half. Well done Mr Atkins and the boys.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    All the players did well but shout out to Ben Watson tonight.

Was really neat, involved in a lot of build up play but also defensively, passing out under pressure.

A real statement of intent, goal difference fixed and we're the team in form that others will be hoping to avoid in the play-offs.

It wasn't even as if Plymouth were terrible, they are no worse than a lot of the sides we lost or drawn with but we are so much stronger defensively now, and that was without Innis. Going forward we look likely to score with every attack. 

Big choice for NA as Pearce, Famewo and Inniss all deserve to start. Nice problem to have.

Bring on Peterborough.
    Interesting point you make there, if we played all 3 of Pearce, Famewo and Inniss at the back, can you see any team scoring against them on current form? Maybe a change of formation on the cards to avoid defeat against Peterboro. A draw would be good enough.