Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic| Tue 20 April

Comments

• Options
    PWR

Blimey, what a result. I was getting fed up with all the passing around the back 4/to Amos during the first 20 mins, & never thought we’d score 2 let alone 6. Well done lads, keep it up.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic result, fantastic performance. Nice not to have to spend the last ten minutes of a Charlton match biting my nails to the quick. 
     And relax...
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone still think this is a shit squad?

We are a better football team with Watson than Pratley.  Although I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Pratley start on Saturday to sit on Szmodics.

I honestly believe that JFC is the best proper midfielder in this division.  Stockley is unplayable.  Purrington is a proper full back.

Funny how the worldies have stopped flying in.  Amos was outstanding, both with his handling and his distribution.

It's not to late to catch Sunderland. 
    Haha I want it known before anyone reads it that I expressed this exact same opinion in my preview for Saturday and am not just copying the above view :D - Think we need a repeat performance when Pratley marked Scott Fraser out of the game @ MK
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Loved how Minto and Brown and Curbs and Kiely kept rhapsodising about the overnight stay. They were plainly remembering 5 hour coach rides after evening games, getting to their car at 4 in the morning.. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

We are a better football team with Watson than Pratley.  Although I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Pratley start on Saturday to sit on Szmodics.

I honestly believe that JFC is the best proper midfielder in this division.  Stockley is unplayable.  Purrington is a proper full back.

Funny how the worldies have stopped flying in.  Amos was outstanding, both with his handling and his distribution.

Come the end of season when watching the goals conceded over the course of the season, it will he so obvious how so many worldies were hammered home against us.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Come the end of season when watching the goals conceded over the course of the season, it will he so obvious how so many worldies were hammered home against us.
    Yes but the question is why.  We have had one "worldie" conceded since February.  We had a very different team selection in that game to the other 9 since 1st March.

There lays the reason and the solution. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Complete team performance tonight, just a great great win and with results going in our favour this season is finally in our hands. 

If we can sort out our home form then I fancy us against anyone in the playoffs. Big game Saturday but even if we lose now we can still do it.
  • Options
    It might just be me but I still think JFC has a lot more to offer - hopefully after signing a new contract however. 

Testing the goalie from distance and quicker give/go's will make him a near complete Championship midfielder.
  • Options
    I'm off to bed and I will drop off with a big smile as I have never doubted the strength of our squad. Tonight it looked even stronger. Innis rested, 5 subs and all decent players.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Aneke, Millar, Gilbey, Watts, Stockley, Forster, Caskey.  Seven different scorers - that must be some sort of record. 
    I don’t know if it’s gone down officially as an og but Millar’s shot was on target so it should be his.